Food and NutritionFoods to be taken
- Fresh vegetable juices (beetroot, radish, carrot, and spinach), fruit juices (orange, pear, grapes, and lemons) and vegetable broth.
- Fresh fruits, like apples, pineapples, grapes, pears, oranges, bananas, papaya. Pineapple, in particular, is very effective.
- Barley water, Coconut water are very effective to cure jaundice
- Drinking a lot of water with lemon juice will protect the damaged liver cells
- Juices are some of the most effective foods to cure jaundice. Sugarcane, lime, radish, tomato juices are very helpful for the liver.
- Amla is also a great source of Vitamin C. You can have amla raw, sun-dried or in the form of juice to cleanse your liver cells.
- Cereals like bread, chapatti, suji, oatmeal, Dalia wheat, rice are good sources of carbohydrates and can be given to the person suffering from jaundice.
- Fried and fatty foods, too much butter and clarified butter, meats, tea, coffee, pickles, condiments, and pulses
- All fats like ghee, cream, and oils
Yoga and ExerciseJaundice patients are advised to refrain from any unnecessary physical activity and in severe cases, complete bed rest might be necessary. In most cases, however, extremely light exercise in the form of a small stroll after meals can be beneficial as this helps to combat fatigue and lethargy. YOGA
- Yoga postures which help cure jaundice include:
- Bandha Padmasana (Bound Lotus posture)
- Matsyasana (Fish position)
- Sarvangasana (Shoulder stand)