Food and NutritionFoods to be taken
- Drink plenty of water
- Fresh leafy vegetables and fruits
- Include cayenne pepper, garlic, onion, and radish in soups and meals, to help dissolve and eliminate excess mucus
- Avoid mucus-forming foods such as flour products, eggs, chocolate, fried and processed foods, sugar and dairy products, caffeine, and alcohol
Yoga and ExerciseFrontal Sinuses- Place both index fingers in the center of the eyebrows and rub in a circular motion while moving away from the center, slightly upward and towards the temples. Repeat this process 10 times.
The breathing exercises of yoga, especially the pranayama (Breath exercise) of Yoga opens the ducts which aids in free breath movements and cures the sinus ailment.
Other yoga poses which provide relief from the sinus and congestion in the throat region include:
- Suryanamaskara (sun salutation)
- Pavanmuktanasana (aeroplane pose)
- Bhujangasana (cobra pose) Watch Video