Food and Nutrition
Foods to be taken
Foods to be avoided
- Eat antioxidant foods, including fruits (such as blueberries, cherries, and tomatoes), and vegetables (gourds such as pumpkin, cucumber, etc. and bell peppers).
- Use healthy oils in foods, such as olive oil or vegetable oils such as sunflower, soya, canola etc.
- Eat whole grain breads and cereals.
- Eat at least 5 servings of fruits and vegetables a day; eating things of varying colors can provide a range of nutrients.
- Lean meats
- Tea and coffee
- Red meats
- Limit your intake of salty, sugary and fatty foods.
- Avoid refined foods, such as white breads, pastas, and especially sugar.
In order to get maximum benefit from your medications, it’s important to take them as prescribed meaning taking the right dose, the right way, at the right time, for as long as necessary.
One thing you can do to stay as healthy as possible while on treatment is to eat a nutritious diet. It can also help your immune system fight off illness.
Drink enough fluids (generally 6-8 glasses day).
Protect yourself from mosquitoes.