- 1 Overview
- 2 Usage
- 3 Frequently Asked Questions
- 4 How Do I Take It?
- 5 Precautions
- 6 Symptoms of Overdosage
- 7 Common Side-Effects
- 8 Serious Side-Effects
- 9 Rare Side-Effects
- 10 Technical Classification
- 11 Storage Conditions
- 12 Available Alternatives
- 13 Share this:
- 14 Like this:
- 15 Related Articles
OverviewFLAVOXATE is a Schedule H drug.
This medication is used to treat certain bladder/urinary tract symptoms. Flavoxate reduces muscle spasms of the bladder and urinary tract. Flavoxate is used to treat bladder symptoms such as painful urination, frequent or urgent urination, increased night-time urination, bladder pain, and incontinence (urine leakage). These bladder symptoms are often caused by overactive bladder, prostate enlargement, bladder infections, or irritation of the urethra. Flavoxate will not treat a bladder infection. Infections must be treated with an antibiotic.
UsageFLAVOXATE is generally used to treat: Dysuria, Nocturia, Cystitis, Prostatitis, Urethritis
FLAVOXATE can address symptoms like: Body Muscle Cramps Or Spasms (painful), Pain With Urination, Frequent Urge To Urinate, Frequent Nighttime Urination, Urine Leaking (incontinence)
Frequently Asked QuestionsQ: Is it safe on my liver?
A: Not Safe
Q: Is it safe on my kidney?
A: Not Safe
Q: Can I take it with alcohol?
A: Not Safe
Q: Is it safe for children?
A: Ask your doctor
Q: Can it be taken during pregnancy?
A: Considered as Generally Safe – not enough studies to prove risk
How Do I Take It?Route of Administration: Oral
- This medicine may cause your eyes to become more sensitive to light than they are normally. Wearing sunglasses may help lessen the discomfort from bright light.
- Before taking flavoxate, tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are allergic to it or if you have any other allergies. This product may contain inactive ingredients, which can cause allergic reactions or other problems. Talk to your pharmacist for more details.
- Flavoxate may make you sweat less, causing your body temperature to increase. Use extra care not to become overheated during exercise or hot weather while you are taking this medicine, since overheating may result in heat stroke. Also, hot baths or saunas may make you feel dizzy or faint while you are taking this medicine.
- Your mouth and throat may feel very dry while you are taking this medicine. For temporary relief of mouth dryness, use sugarless candy or gum, melt bits of ice in your mouth, or use a saliva substitute.
- It is not known whether flavoxate passes into breast milk or if it could harm a nursing baby. Tell your doctor if you are breast-feeding a baby. Flavoxate is not approved for use by anyone younger than 12 years old.
- This medication should not be used if you have certain medical conditions. Before using this medicine, consult your doctor or pharmacist if you have: stomach/intestinal blockage (e.g., pyloric/duodenal obstruction, ileus), bleeding from the stomach or intestines, bladder blockage.
- This drug may make you dizzy or drowsy or cause blurred vision. Do not drive, use machinery, or do any activity that requires alertness or clear vision until you are sure you can perform such activities safely. Limit alcoholic beverages.
- This medication can cause decreased sweating. To reduce the risk of a serious reaction to too much heat (heatstroke), avoid becoming overheated in hot weather, saunas, or during exercise or other strenuous activities.
Symptoms of OverdosageFLAVOXATE over-dosage can result in: Slow Or Irregular Breathing, Hallucinations, Seizures (uncontrollable Jerking Of Limbs), Dizziness, Drowsiness, Fever, Shortness Of Breath
Common Side-EffectsFLAVOXATE : Skin Rash, Nausea, Vomit, Pounding Heart (pulse), Nervousness, Chest Pain
Serious Side-EffectsFLAVOXATE : Tachycardia, Urticaria, Eosinophilia, Drowsiness, Dry Mouth, Eyes Blurred Vision, Fainting, Head Headache, Confusion, Rapid Heart Rate (pulse), Pain With Urination
Rare Side-EffectsFLAVOXATE : Confusion, Eyes Pain, Skin Irritation, Throat Soreness, Fever
Technical ClassificationFLAVOXATE is categorized as: URINARY ANTISPASMODICS / GENITOURINARY TRACT AGENTS
Storage ConditionsRoom Temperature (Between 15 To 25 C)
Common Drugs with FLAVOXATE as Ingredient
|BLADOSPAS TAB||FLAVOXATE 200.0 MG|
|FLAVATE 200MG TAB||FLAVOXATE 200.0 MG|
|FLAVDID 200MG TAB||FLAVOXATE 200.0 MG|
|FLAVOCIP 200MG TAB||FLAVOXATE 200.0 MG|
|FLAVOCIP TAB||FLAVOXATE 200 MG|
|FLAVOGUARD 200MG TAB||FLAVOXATE 200.0 MG|
|FLAVOMED 200MG TAB||FLAVOXATE 200.0 MG|
|FLAVORIDE 200MG TAB||FLAVOXATE 200.0 MG|
|FLAVORIDE-PLUS TAB||FLAVOXATE 200.0 MG, OFLOXACIN 200.0 MG|
|FLAVOSPAS 200MG TAB||FLAVOXATE 200.0 MG|
|FLAVOSPAS D 200MG/200MG TAB||OFLOXACIN 200.0 MG, FLAVOXATE 200.0 MG|
|FLAVOSPAS O 200MG/200MG TAB||OFLOXACIN 200.0 MG, FLAVOXATE 200.0 MG|
|FLAVOSPAS TAB||FLAVOXATE 200 MG|
|FLAVOTARY 200MG TAB||FLAVOXATE 200.0 MG|
|FLAVOZAN 200MG TAB||FLAVOXATE 200.0 MG|
|HERFLAV 200MG TAB||FLAVOXATE 200.0 MG|
|JOXATE O 200MG/200MG TAB||OFLOXACIN 200.0 MG, FLAVOXATE 200.0 MG|
|KONFLAV 200MG TAB||FLAVOXATE 200.0 MG|
|KONFLAV O 200MG/200MG TAB||OFLOXACIN 200.0 MG, FLAVOXATE 200.0 MG|
|RELAXURO 200MG TAB||FLAVOXATE 200.0 MG|
|SPEROXATE 200MG TAB||FLAVOXATE 200.0 MG|
|URELY 200MG TAB||FLAVOXATE 200.0 MG|
|URIFLAX 200MG TAB||FLAVOXATE 200.0 MG|
|URIFREE 200MG TAB||FLAVOXATE 200.0 MG|
|URIFREE O 200MG/200MG TAB||OFLOXACIN 200.0 MG, FLAVOXATE 200.0 MG|
|URIKIND 200MG TAB||FLAVOXATE 200.0 MG|
|URIKIND TAB||FLAVOXATE 200 MG|
|URINET 200MG TAB||FLAVOXATE 200.0 MG|
|URIPIL 200MG TAB||FLAVOXATE 200.0 MG|
|URISOL 200MG TAB||FLAVOXATE 200.0 MG|
|URISOL O 200MG/200MG TAB||OFLOXACIN 200.0 MG, FLAVOXATE 200.0 MG|
|URISOL TAB||FLAVOXATE 200 MG|
|URISPAS 200MG TAB||FLAVOXATE 200.0 MG|
|URISPAS TAB||FLAVOXATE 200 MG|
|UROCONKIT 200MG/200MG TAB||OFLOXACIN 200.0 MG, FLAVOXATE 200.0 MG|
|UROZA 200MG TAB||FLAVOXATE 200.0 MG|
|UTICEPT 200MG TAB||FLAVOXATE 200 MG|
|VERIN UTI 200MG TAB||FLAVOXATE 200.0 MG|
|VOXATE 200MG TAB||FLAVOXATE 200.0 MG|
|ZANOCIN F 200MG/200MG TAB||OFLOXACIN 200.0 MG, FLAVOXATE 200.0 MG|
|ZENFLOX UTI 200MG/200MG TAB||OFLOXACIN 200.0 MG, FLAVOXATE 200.0 MG|