- 1 Overview
- 2 Usage
- 3 Frequently Asked Questions
- 4 How Do I Take It?
- 5 Precautions
- 6 Symptoms of Overdosage
- 7 Common Side-Effects
- 8 Serious Side-Effects
- 9 Rare Side-Effects
- 10 Disease Interactions
- 11 Technical Classification
- 12 Storage Conditions
- 13 Available Alternatives
- 14 Share this:
- 15 Like this:
- 16 Related Articles
OverviewBEVACIZUMAB is an Over-the-counter (OTC) drug.
Bevacizumab is in a class of medications called antiangiogenic agents. Bevacizumab is vascular endothelial growth factor directed antibody. Bevacizumab is a recombinant humanized monoclonal IgG1 antibody that contains human framework regions and murine complementary-determining regions. Bevacizumab is a prescription medication used to treat symptoms of glioblastoma (GBM), a fast growing brain tumor. It is also used to treat colorectal cancer, lung cancer, renal cell cancer (a type of cancer that begins in the kidney), cervical cancer, ovarian, Fallopian tube and peritoneal cancer (cancer of the tissues that lines the stomach). Bevacizumab treats certain types of cancer. This medication is associated with ovarian failure that can mimic the symptoms of early menopause and decrease fertility.
UsageBEVACIZUMAB is generally used to treat: Glioblastoma, Brain Tumor, Colorectal Cancer, Lung Cancer, Renal Cell Carcinoma, Cervical Cancer, Ovarian Cancer, Peritoneum Cancer
Frequently Asked QuestionsQ: Is it safe on my liver?
A: Not Safe
Q: Is it safe on my kidney?
A: Not Safe
Q: Can I take it with alcohol?
A: Not Safe
Q: Is it safe for children?
A: Ask your doctor
Q: Can it be taken during pregnancy?
A: Studies indicate Risk – Doctor advice is must
How Do I Take It?Route of Administration: IV (Intravenous)
- Before using this medication, tell your doctor or pharmacist your medical history, especially of, stomach/intestinal ulcers, bleeding problems (such as recent bloody vomiting or coughing up blood), recent major surgery, recent injuries/wounds, high blood pressure, kidney disease, diabetes.
- Before having surgery or any medical procedure, tell your doctor or dentist about all the products you use (including prescription drugs, nonprescription drugs, and herbal products).
Bevacizumab can make you more likely to get infections or may worsen any current infections. Avoid contact with people who have infections that may spread to others (such as chickenpox, measles, flu).
- Before using bevacizumab, tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are allergic to it; or if you have any other allergies. This product may contain inactive ingredients, which can cause allergic reactions or other problems.
- Do not have immunizations/vaccinations without the consent of your doctor. Avoid contact with people who have recently received live vaccines (such as flu vaccine inhaled through the nose).
- To lower the chance of getting cut, bruised, or injured, use caution with sharp objects like razors and nail cutters, and avoid activities such as contact sports.
Symptoms of OverdosageBEVACIZUMAB over-dosage can result in: Head Headache
Common Side-EffectsBEVACIZUMAB : Diarrhoea, Hypertension, Loss Of Appetite, Heartburn, Strange Taste, Weight Loss (unintentional), Dry Mouth, Muffled Voice, Mouth Soreness
Serious Side-EffectsBEVACIZUMAB : Seizure, Dry Skin, Skin Rash, Itchy Skin, Cough, Gagging, Slurred Speech, Dizziness, Fainting, Arms Numbness, Arms Swelling, Neck Pain, Back Pain, Chest Pain, Shortness Of Breath, Fatigue (tiredness), Eyes Change In Vision, Confusion, Fever, Chills, Throat Soreness, Weight Gain, Eyes Swelling, Face Swelling, Hands Swelling, Feet Swelling, Ankles Swelling, Cloudy Urine With Strong Odor
Rare Side-EffectsBEVACIZUMAB : Back Pain, Dizziness, Drowsiness, Head Headache, Eyes Blurred Vision, Confusion, Increased Thirst
Disease InteractionsBEVACIZUMAB can interfere with: Fistula, Proteinuria, Hypertension, Thromboembolism
Technical ClassificationBEVACIZUMAB is categorized as: VEGF/VEGFR INHIBITORS / ANTINEOPLASTICS
Storage ConditionsRoom Temperature (Between 15 To 25 C)
Common Drugs with BEVACIZUMAB as Ingredient
|AVASTIN 100MG INJ||BEVACIZUMAB 100.0 MG|
|AVASTIN INJ||BEVACIZUMAB 100 MG|