- 1 Overview
- 2 Usage
- 3 Frequently Asked Questions
- 4 How Do I Take It?
- 5 Precautions
- 6 Symptoms of Overdosage
- 7 Common Side-Effects
- 8 Serious Side-Effects
- 9 Disease Interactions
- 10 Technical Classification
- 11 Storage Conditions
- 12 Available Alternatives
- 13 Share this:
- 14 Like this:
- 15 Related Articles
OverviewOXALIPLATIN is a Schedule H drug.
Oxaliplatin is a cancer medicine that interferes with the growth and spread of cancer cells in the body.Oxaliplatin is used together with other cancer medications to treat colon and rectal cancer.
It works by damaging the genetic material (DNA and RNA) of the cancer cells which stops their growth and multiplication.
UsageOXALIPLATIN is generally used to treat: Colon Cancer, Rectal Cancer
OXALIPLATIN can address symptoms like: Abdomen Pain, Abdomen Discomfort, Bloody Or Red Colored Stools, Increased Passing Gas, Constipation, Fatigue (tiredness), Weight Loss (unintentional)
Frequently Asked QuestionsQ: Is it safe on my liver?
A: Not Safe
Q: Is it safe on my kidney?
A: Not Safe
Q: Can I take it with alcohol?
A: Not Safe
Q: Is it safe for children?
A: Ask your doctor
Q: Can it be taken during pregnancy?
A: Studies indicate Risk – Doctor advice is must
How Do I Take It?Route of Administration: IV (Intravenous)
- You should not be treated with this medicine if you have ever had an allergic reaction to oxaliplatin or similar medications such as carboplatin (Paraplatin) or cisplatin (Platinol).
- Do not use oxaliplatin if you are pregnant.
- Receiving oxaliplatin can make you more sensitive to cold, which can cause numbness, tingling, and muscle spasms.
- Do not inhale deeply when you are exposed to cold air;cover your skin, head, and face when you are outside in cold temperatures;wear gloves when handling cold objects or refrigerated foods.Do not run an air conditioner at very cool temperature in your home or car (even during hot weather);
- Do not drink cold drinks or use ice cubes in drinks;
- Do not put ice packs on your body.
- Avoid being near people who are sick or have infections.
- Tell your doctor at once if you develop signs of infection.
- Avoid allowing your body fluids to come into contact with your hands or other surfaces. Caregivers should wear rubber gloves while cleaning up a patient’s body fluids, handling contaminated trash or laundry or changing diapers.
- Wash hands before and after removing gloves. Wash soiled clothing and linens separately from other laundry.
- Be careful if you drive or do anything that requires you to be alert and able to see clearly.Do not start oxaliplatin if your blood counts are too low or have weakness, numbness, disturbances of feeling or taste after taking oxaliplatin treatment, if you are taking 5-fluorouracil.
- Take precautions as oxaliplatin may reduce the ability of your body fight infections.
- Avoid situations that may put you at risk of bleeding as oxaliplatin can reduce clot forming cells in your body.
Symptoms of OverdosageOXALIPLATIN over-dosage can result in: Agitation, Cough, Disorientation, Loss Of Coordination, Lower Back Pain, Irregular Heartbeat, Vomit
Common Side-EffectsOXALIPLATIN : Hives, Skin Rash, Itchy Skin, Stomatitis, Peripheral Neuropathy, Nausea, Vomit, Fatigue (tiredness), Loose Motion, Mouth Soreness, Chills, Cough, Hands Pain, Feet Pain, Eyes Pain, Decreased Urination, Dizziness, Dry Mouth, Fainting, Fever, Lightheadedness, Pale Skin, Increased Thirst, Loss Of Appetite, Mood Swings, Irregular Heartbeat, Hands Tingling, Feet Tingling, Eyes Swelling, Face Swelling, Swollen Lips, Runny Nose, Sneezing, Head Headache, Nasal Congestion, Abdomen Discomfort, Loss Of Voice, Hair Loss, Weight Gain, Increased Passing Gas, Pain With Urination, Throat Soreness
Serious Side-EffectsOXALIPLATIN : Heartburn, Indigestion, Seizure, Belching, Black (tar) Colored Stools, Gums Bleeding, Blood Or Red Colored Urine, Chest Pain, Body Loss Of Movement, Difficulty Breathing, Difficulty Swallowing, Rapid Heart Rate (pulse), Rapid Breathing, Eyes Change In Vision, Mouth Swelling, Jaws Muscle Cramps Or Spasms (painful)
Disease InteractionsOXALIPLATIN can interfere with: Heart Arrhythmias, Peripheral Neuropathy, Neutropenia, Bacterial Infection, Fungal Infection, Myopathy, Acute Renal Failure
Technical ClassificationOXALIPLATIN is categorized as: ALKYLATING AGENTS / ANTINEOPLASTICS
Storage ConditionsRoom Temperature (Between 15 To 25 C)
Common Drugs with OXALIPLATIN as Ingredient
|CELDACH 100MG INJ||OXALIPLATIN 100.0 MG|
|CELDACH 50MG INJ||OXALIPLATIN 50.0 MG|
|DACOTIN 50MG INJECTION||OXALIPLATIN 50 MG|
|GLANOXY 100MG INJ||OXALIPLATIN 100.0 MG|
|GLANOXY 50MG INJ||OXALIPLATIN 50.0 MG|
|GLENOXL 100MG INJ||OXALIPLATIN 100.0 MG|
|GLENOXL 50MG INJ||OXALIPLATIN 50.0 MG|
|KINAPLAT 100MG INFUSION||OXALIPLATIN 100.0 MG|
|KINAPLAT 50MG INJ||OXALIPLATIN 50.0 MG|
|MEGAPLAT 100MG INJ||OXALIPLATIN 100.0 MG|
|MEGAPLAT 50MG INJ||OXALIPLATIN 50.0 MG|
|METAPLATIN 100MG INJ||OXALIPLATIN 100.0 MG|
|METAPLATIN 50MG INJ||OXALIPLATIN 50.0 MG|
|NEOXAL 100MG INJ||OXALIPLATIN 100.0 MG|
|NEOXAL 50MG INJ||OXALIPLATIN 50.0 MG|
|OPLATIN 100MG INFUSION||OXALIPLATIN 100.0 MG|
|OPLATIN 50MG INJ||OXALIPLATIN 50.0 MG|
|OXA 100MG INFUSION||OXALIPLATIN 100.0 MG|
|OXA 50MG INJ||OXALIPLATIN 50.0 MG|
|OXALIPLATIN FOR 100MG INFUSION||OXALIPLATIN 100.0 MG|
|OXALTOR 100MG INFUSION||OXALIPLATIN 100.0 MG|
|OXALTOR 50MG INJ||OXALIPLATIN 50.0 MG|
|OXICHEMO 100MG INFUSION||OXALIPLATIN 100.0 MG|
|OXICHEMO 50MG INJ||OXALIPLATIN 50.0 MG|
|OXIDACH 100MG INJ||OXALIPLATIN 100.0 MG|
|OXIPLAT 100MG INJ||OXALIPLATIN 100.0 MG|
|OXIPLAT 50MG INJ||OXALIPLATIN 50.0 MG|
|OXITAN 100MG INFUSION||OXALIPLATIN 100.0 MG|
|OXITAN 50MG INJ||OXALIPLATIN 50.0 MG|
|OXITOZ 100MG INJ||OXALIPLATIN 100.0 MG|
|OXITOZ 50MG INJ||OXALIPLATIN 50.0 MG|
|OXITRUST 100MG INJ||OXALIPLATIN 100.0 MG|
|OXITRUST 50MG INJ||OXALIPLATIN 50.0 MG|
|OXOL 100MG INFUSION||OXALIPLATIN 100.0 MG|
|OXOL 50MG INJ||OXALIPLATIN 50.0 MG|
|OXOPLAN 50MG INJ||OXALIPLATIN 50.0 MG|
|OXPLA 100MG INJ||OXALIPLATIN 100.0 MG|
|OXPLA 50MG INJ||OXALIPLATIN 50.0 MG|
|PLATOXIN 100MG INJ||OXALIPLATIN 100.0 MG|
|PLATOXIN 50MG INJ||OXALIPLATIN 50.0 MG|
|XALIPAT 100MG INJ||OXALIPLATIN 100.0 MG|
|XALIPAT 50MG INJ||OXALIPLATIN 50.0 MG|
|XALOTIN 100MG INJ||OXALIPLATIN 100.0 MG|
|XALOTIN 50MG INJ||OXALIPLATIN 50.0 MG|
|XPLAT 100MG INJ||OXALIPLATIN 100.0 MG|
|XPLAT 50MG INJ||OXALIPLATIN 50.0 MG|
|XPLATIN 100MG INFUSION||OXALIPLATIN 100.0 MG|
|XTIDE 50MG INJ||OXALIPLATIN 50.0 MG|