- 1 Overview
- 2 Usage
- 3 Frequently Asked Questions
- 4 How Do I Take It?
- 5 Precautions
- 6 Symptoms of Overdosage
- 7 Common Side-Effects
- 8 Serious Side-Effects
- 9 Rare Side-Effects
- 10 Technical Classification
- 11 Available Alternatives
- 12 Share this:
- 13 Like this:
- 14 Related Articles
OverviewXTIN PLUS 1MG/5MG TAB is a Schedule H drug.
XTIN PLUS 1MG/5MG TAB is composed of: FINASTERIDE (5.0 MG), BIOTIN (1.0 MG)
Finasteride prevents the conversion of testosterone to dihydrotestosterone (DHT) in the body. DHT is involved in the development of benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH).Finasteride is used to treat male pattern hair loss in men. It is also used to treat symptoms of benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) in men with an enlarged prostate.This medicine is for use in men only.Finasteride (topical) is used in the treatment of hair loss. It may be used alone or taken in combination with other medications to reduce symptoms of BPH and may also reduce the need for surgery.Finasteride should never be taken by a woman or a child.
Biotin provides essential nutrients.
UsageFINASTERIDE is generally used to treat: Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia, Enlarged Prostate
FINASTERIDE can address symptoms like: Hair Loss
BIOTIN is generally used to treat: Vitamin B Deficiency, Inborn Errors Of Metabolism, Hepatitis, Neuropathy, Seborrheic Dermatitis, Biotin Deficiency
BIOTIN can address symptoms like: Hair Loss, Hallucinations
Frequently Asked QuestionsQ: Is it safe on my liver?
A: Not Safe
Q: Is it safe on my kidney?
A: Check with your Doctor first
Q: Can I take it with alcohol?
A: Not Safe
Q: Is it safe for children?
A: Not Advised for age < 3yrs
Q: Can it be taken during pregnancy?
A: Dangerous – Studies indicate Human-Fetal Risk
Q: Is it safe to take for someone breastfeeding?
A: Check with your Doctor first
How Do I Take It?XTIN PLUS 1MG/5MG TAB is generally taken After Food.
- Your doctor has prescribed Finasteride (topical) to shrink the enlarged prostate and reduce the risk of urinary retention.
- It may take 3 to 6 months to see the full beneficial effect of Finasteride (topical). Hence, continue taking the medicine as advised by your doctor.Finasteride (topical) is usually well tolerated. However, it may produce some mild sexual side effects such as low sexual drive.
- Do not donate blood for 6 months after taking the last dose of Finasteride (topical).
- You should not use finasteride if you are allergic to it.If a woman accidentally comes into contact with a broken or crushed tablet, wash the area with soap and water right away.
- Follow all directions on your prescription label.
- Do not take this medicine in larger or smaller amounts or for longer than recommended.
- Take this medicine with a full glass of water.
- Finasteride can be taken with or without food.
- Take the medicine at the same time each day.
- Do consult your doctor if you are receiving kidney dialysis as higher doses of biotin may be needed.
- Do consult your doctor before taking biotin if you have,
- Kidney disease. Undergone stomach surgery.
- If you smoke.
- Do inform your doctor about all medications currently taken before starting biotin supplementation.
- Follow all directions on the product label and package.
- Tell each of your healthcare providers about all your medical conditions, allergies, and all medicines you use.
- You should not use this product if you are allergic to biotin.Do not give any herbal/health supplement to a child without medical advice.
Symptoms of OverdosageFINASTERIDE over-dosage can result in: Difficulty Breathing
Common Side-EffectsFINASTERIDE : Hives, Skin Rash, Itchy Skin, Face Swelling, Arms Swelling, Hands Swelling, Feet Swelling, Weight Gain, Body Discoloration, Swollen Lips, Hands Tingling, Runny Nose, Drowsiness, Sneezing
BIOTIN : Stomach Pain, Skin Rash
Serious Side-EffectsFINASTERIDE : Breast Pain, Chills, Confusion, Dizziness, Fainting
BIOTIN : Hives, Face Swelling, Difficulty Breathing
Rare Side-EffectsFINASTERIDE : Diarrhoea, Abdomen Pain, Back Pain, Head Headache, Testicular Pain
Technical ClassificationFINASTERIDE is categorized as: 5-ALPHA-REDUCTASE INHIBITORS / HORMONES
BIOTIN is categorized as: VITAMINS / NUTRITIONAL PRODUCTS
What are the commonly available Substitutes?
|KERASHINE-F TAB||INR 150 for 10 TABLETS||BIOTIN 5.0 MG, FINASTERIDE 1.0 MG|
|XTIN PLUS 1MG/5MG TAB||INR 125 for 10 TABLETS||FINASTERIDE 5.0 MG, BIOTIN 1.0 MG|