- 1 Overview
- 2 Usage
- 3 Frequently Asked Questions
- 4 How Do I Take It?
- 5 Precautions for TUSSIN TAB and its Constituents
- 6 Symptoms of Overdosage
- 7 Common Side-Effects
- 8 Serious Side-Effects
- 9 Rare Side-Effects
- 10 Disease Interactions
- 11 Technical Classification
- 12 Available Alternatives for TUSSIN TAB
- 13 Share this:
- 14 Like this:
- 15 Related Articles
OverviewTUSSIN TAB is a Schedule H drug.
TUSSIN TAB is composed of: AMBROXOL ( ), CETIRIZINE ( ), GUAIFENESIN ( ), PHENYLEPHRINE ( )
This medication is a mucolytic agent, prescribed for various respiratory diseases such as emphysema with bronchitis pneumoconiosis, chronic inflammatory pulmonary conditions, tracheobronchitis (respiratory tract inflammation), bronchiectasis, bronchitis with bronchospasm asthma. Ambroxol is used for clear mucus from lungs.
Cetirizine is an anti histamine that reduces the natural chemical histamine in the body. Histamine can produce symptoms of sneezing, Itching, watery eyes and runny nose. It is used to treat cold.
Guaifenesin is an expectorant. It helps loosen congestion in your chest and throat, making it easier to cough out through your mouth.Guaifenesin is used to reduce chest congestion caused by the common cold, infections, or allergies.It promotes lower respiratory tract drainage by thinning the mucus in the air passages to make it easier to cough up the mucus and clear the airways.
Phenylephrine is a decongestant that shrinks blood vessels in the nasal passages. Dilated blood vessels can cause nasal congestion (stuffy nose). Phenylephrine is used to treat nasal and sinus congestion or congestion of the tubes that drain fluid from your inner ears called the eustachian (yoo-STAY-shun) tubes.
UsageAMBROXOL is generally used to treat: Emphysema, Bronchitis, Pneumoconiosis, Bronchiectasis
CETIRIZINE is generally used to treat: Runny Nose And Dry Cough, Common Cold
CETIRIZINE can address symptoms like: Sneezing
GUAIFENESIN is generally used to treat: Bronchitis, Laryngitis, Pharyngitis, Rhinitis, Sinusitis, Whooping Cough
GUAIFENESIN can address symptoms like: Shortness Of Breath, Difficulty Breathing, Wheezing, Cough, Chest Pain, Chest Discomfort, Fever, Head Headache, Fatigue (tiredness), Rapid Heart Rate (pulse)
PHENYLEPHRINE can address symptoms like: Nasal Congestion
Frequently Asked QuestionsQ: Is it safe on my liver?
A: Not Safe
Q: Is it safe on my kidney?
A: Not Safe
Q: Can I take it with alcohol?
A: Not Safe
Q: Is it safe for children?
A: Not Advised for age < 2yrs
Q: Can it be taken during pregnancy?
A: Not enough studies to prove Risk – Ask your Doctor
Q: Is it safe to take for someone breastfeeding?
A: Not Safe
How Do I Take It?TUSSIN TAB is generally taken With Food.
Precautions for TUSSIN TAB and its Constituents
Caution needed for pregnant and breastfeeding women. Avoid excess dosage.
Caution should be exercised in patients with history of kidney and liver disease.
It may cause drowsiness, so don’t Drive while taking this medication.
- You should not use guaifenesin if you are allergic to guaifenesin.
- Use guaifenesin exactly as directed on the label, or as prescribed by your doctor. Do not use it in larger amounts or for longer than recommended.
- Drink extra fluids to help loosen the congestion and lubricate your throat while you are taking this medication.
- Take guaifenesin with food if it upsets your stomach.Measure the liquid form of guaifenesin with a special dose-measuring spoon or cup, not a regular table spoon.
- Do not crush, chew, break, or open a controlled-release, delayed-release, or extended-release tablet or capsule. Swallow it whole. Breaking or opening the pill may cause too much of the drug to be released at one time.
- Do not take extra medicine to make up the missed dose.
- This medication may impair your thinking or reactions. Be careful if you drive or do anything that requires you to be alert.
- The liquid forms and powder packets of this medication may contain aspartame. If you have phenylketonuria or any other condition that requires you to restrict your intake of aspartame (or phenylalanine), consult your doctor or pharmacist about using this product safely.
- Use within 4 weeks of opening the bottle; discard after 4 weeks of opening even if not used
Do not give phenylephrine containing products to children younger than 4 years of age. It may cause serious side effects or cause of death in children. Do not use this medication for
Symptoms of OverdosageCETIRIZINE over-dosage can result in: Drowsiness, Restless Or Irritability
Common Side-EffectsAMBROXOL : Runny Nose, Nausea, Vomit, Abdomen Upset Stomach
CETIRIZINE : Dizziness, Diarrhoea, Abdominal Pain, Pharyngitis, Rhinitis, Insomnia, Chronic Fatigue Disorder, Head Headache
GUAIFENESIN : Diarrhoea, Skin Rash, Hives, Dizziness, Head Headache, Nausea, Vomit, Abdomen Upset Stomach
PHENYLEPHRINE : Hives, Skin Rash, Blood Pressure, High, Body Itching, Irregular Heartbeat, Difficulty Sleeping, Eyes Blurred Vision, Chest Discomfort, Wheezing, Shortness Of Breath, Nervousness, Head Headache, Restless Or Irritability, Seizures (uncontrollable Jerking Of Limbs)
Serious Side-EffectsCETIRIZINE : Dyspepsia, Abdomen Pain
GUAIFENESIN : Breathlessness, Difficulty Breathing
Rare Side-EffectsCETIRIZINE : Paresthesia, Constipation, Flatulence, Tinnitus, Fever, Restless Or Irritability
Disease InteractionsPHENYLEPHRINE can interfere with: Cerebrovascular Insufficeincy, Hyperthyroidism, Pheochromocytoma, Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia, Prostate Cancer, Diabetes Mellitus, Glaucoma
Technical ClassificationAMBROXOL is categorized as: MUCOLYTICS / RESPIRATORY INHALANT PRODUCTS / RESPIRATORY AGENTS
CETIRIZINE is categorized as: THIRD GENERATION CEPHALOSPORINS / CEPHALOSPORINS / ANTI-INFECTIVES
GUAIFENESIN is categorized as: EXPECTORANTS / RESPIRATORY AGENTS
PHENYLEPHRINE is categorized as:
- DECONGESTANTS / RESPIRATORY AGENTS
- VASOPRESSORS / CARDIOVASCULAR AGENTS
Available Alternatives for TUSSIN TAB
What are the commonly available Substitutes?
|TUSSIN COUGH SYP||INR 60 for 100 ML SYRUP||PHENYLEPHRINE , GUAIFENESIN , CETIRIZINE , AMBROXOL|
|TUSSIN TAB||INR 41.8 for 10 TABLETS||AMBROXOL , CETIRIZINE , GUAIFENESIN , PHENYLEPHRINE|
What are the other drugs with similar Ingredients?
|EXOTUS 15MG/2.5MG/10MG/50MG/5MG SYP||INR 73.13 for 100 ML SYRUP||GUAIFENESIN 50.0 MG, AMBROXOL 15.0 MG, DEXTROMETHORPHAN HYDROBROMIDE 10.0 MG, PHENYLEPHRINE 5.0 MG, CETIRIZINE 2.5 MG|
|TOX (BENNET) TAB||INR 28.5 for 10 TABLETS||PARACETAMOL 450.0 MG, GUAIFENESIN 50.0 MG, AMBROXOL 15.0 MG, CETIRIZINE 5.0 MG, PHENYLEPHRINE 5.0 MG|
|TUSSIN DMR SYP||INR 49.5 for 50 ML SYRUP||PHENYLEPHRINE 1075.0 MG, GUAIFENESIN 100.0 MG, AMBROXOL 30.0 MG, DEXTROMETHORPHAN HYDROBROMIDE 15.0 MG, CETIRIZINE 5.0 MG|