- 1 Overview
- 2 Usage
- 3 Frequently Asked Questions
- 4 Precautions for TRAVACOM EYE DPS and its Constituents
- 5 Symptoms of Overdosage
- 6 Common Side-Effects
- 7 Serious Side-Effects
- 8 Rare Side-Effects
- 9 Food Interactions
- 10 Technical Classification
- 11 Available Alternatives for TRAVACOM EYE DPS
- 12 Share this:
- 13 Like this:
- 14 Related Articles
OverviewTRAVACOM EYE DPS is a Schedule H drug.
TRAVACOM EYE DPS is composed of: TIMOLOL (0.5 %W/V), TRAVOPROST (0.004 %W/V)
Timolol is a beta-blocker that affects the heart and circulation Timolol is sometimes given with other blood pressure medication.It works by relaxing blood vessels and slowing heart rate. It works by blocking the action of certain natural chemicals in your body such as epinephrine on the heart and blood vessels.
UsageTIMOLOL is generally used to treat: Hypertension, Heart Attack, Migraine, Glaucoma, Ocular Hypertension
TIMOLOL can address symptoms like: Head Headache, Eyes Blurred Vision, Dizziness, Chest Pain, Difficulty Breathing, Abdomen Pain, Chest Burn, Rapid Heart Rate (pulse)
Frequently Asked QuestionsQ: Is it safe on my liver?
A: Check with your Doctor first
Q: Is it safe on my kidney?
A: Check with your Doctor first
Q: Can I take it with alcohol?
A: Not Safe
Q: Is it safe for children?
A: Ask your doctor
Q: Can it be taken during pregnancy?
A: Not enough studies to prove Risk – Ask your Doctor
Precautions for TRAVACOM EYE DPS and its Constituents
- You should not use timolol if you have asthma or other breathing disorders, or a serious heart condition such as heart failure or COPD.
- You should not use timolol if you are allergic to it.
- Follow all directions on your prescription label. Your doctor may occasionally change your dose to make sure you get the best results.
- Do not use timolol in larger or smaller amounts or for longer than recommended.Your blood pressure will need to be checked often.
- You should not stop using timolol suddenly. Stopping suddenly may make your condition worse.
- If you are taking timolol to prevent migraine headaches: It may take 6 to 8 weeks of daily use before timolol is fully effective.
- Do not take extra medicine to make up the missed dose.It may cause drowsiness or dizziness, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
- It may affect blood sugar level, monitor sugar level regularly.
Symptoms of OverdosageTIMOLOL over-dosage can result in: Wheezing, Difficulty Breathing, Fainting, Slow Heart Rate (pulse), Dizziness, Eyes Blurred Vision, Ringing In Ears, Head Headache, Hearing Loss, Nervousness, Ear Pounding, Body Excessive Sweating
Common Side-EffectsTIMOLOL : Itchy Skin, Dizziness, Nausea, Abdomen Upset Stomach, Fatigue (tiredness), Lightheadedness, Irregular Heartbeat, Labored Breathing, Chest Discomfort, Eyes Redness, Dry Mouth
Serious Side-EffectsTIMOLOL : Depression, Heart Failure, Difficulty Breathing, Chest Pain, Shortness Of Breath, Rapid Heart Rate (pulse), Ankles Swelling, Feet Swelling, Weight Gain, Mood Swings
Rare Side-EffectsTIMOLOL : Indigestion, Heartburn, Noisy Breathing, Hands Swelling, Belching, Unable To Obtain Or Maintain Erection, Hallucinations, Nausea, Spinning Sensation, Abdomen Discomfort, Abdomen Pain
Separate the administration times of timolol and multivitamin with minerals by at least 2 hours.
Technical ClassificationTIMOLOL is categorized as: NON-CARDIOSELECTIVE BETA BLOCKERS / BETA-ADRENERGIC BLOCKING AGENTS / CARDIOVASCULAR AGENTS
Available Alternatives for TRAVACOM EYE DPS
What are the commonly available Substitutes?
|TOVAXO-T EYE DPS||INR 242.5 for 1 ML EYE DROP||TRAVOPROST 0.004 %W/V, TIMOLOL 0.5 %W/V|
|TRAVACOM 2.5ML EYE DROPS||INR 755 for 2.5 ML EYE DROP||TRAVOPROST 0.004 %W/V, TIMOLOL 0.5 %W/V|
|TRAVACOM EYE DPS||INR 755 for 2.5 ML EYE DROP||TIMOLOL 0.5 %W/V, TRAVOPROST 0.004 %W/V|
What are the other drugs with similar Ingredients?
|GLUEND EYE DPS 3ML||INR 295 for 3 ML EAR DROP||TRAVOPROST 40.0 MCG, TIMOLOL 5.0 MG|
|LANAX EYE DPS||INR 300 for 3 ML EYE DROP||TRAVOPROST 40.0 MCG/ML, TIMOLOL 5.0 MG/ML|
|LUPITROS T EYE DPS||INR 216.5 for 3 ML EYE DROP||TRAVOPROST 0.004 %, TIMOLOL 0.5 %|
|T BET 0.5%/0.004% EYE DPS||INR 255 for 3 ML EYE DROP||TRAVOPROST 0.004 %, TIMOLOL 0.5 %|
|TRALVOST INJ||INR 475 for 5 ML INJECTION||TRAVOPROST , TIMOLOL|
|TRAVOTIM EYE EYE DPS||INR 350 for 3 ML EYE DROP||TIMOLOL 0.5 %, TRAVOPROST 0.004 %|
|XOVATRA T 5MG/40MG EYE DPS||INR 500 for 2.5 ML EYE DROP||TRAVOPROST 40.0 MG, TIMOLOL 5.0 MG|