- 1 Overview
- 2 Usage
- 3 Frequently Asked Questions
- 4 How Do I Take It?
- 5 Precautions for TOREX AP SYP and its Constituents
- 6 Symptoms of Overdosage
- 7 Common Side-Effects
- 8 Serious Side-Effects
- 9 Rare Side-Effects
- 10 Disease Interactions
- 11 Technical Classification
- 12 Available Alternatives for TOREX AP SYP
- 13 Share this:
- 14 Like this:
- 15 Related Articles
OverviewTOREX AP SYP is a Schedule H drug.
TOREX AP SYP is composed of: GUAIFENESIN (50.0 MG), AMBROXOL (15.0 MG), PHENYLEPHRINE (5.0 MG), LEVOCETIRIZINE (0.8 MG)
Guaifenesin is an expectorant. It helps loosen congestion in your chest and throat, making it easier to cough out through your mouth.Guaifenesin is used to reduce chest congestion caused by the common cold, infections, or allergies.It promotes lower respiratory tract drainage by thinning the mucus in the air passages to make it easier to cough up the mucus and clear the airways.
This medication is a mucolytic agent, prescribed for various respiratory diseases such as emphysema with bronchitis pneumoconiosis, chronic inflammatory pulmonary conditions, tracheobronchitis (respiratory tract inflammation), bronchiectasis, bronchitis with bronchospasm asthma. Ambroxol is used for clear mucus from lungs.
Phenylephrine is a decongestant that shrinks blood vessels in the nasal passages. Dilated blood vessels can cause nasal congestion (stuffy nose). Phenylephrine is used to treat nasal and sinus congestion or congestion of the tubes that drain fluid from your inner ears called the eustachian (yoo-STAY-shun) tubes.
Levocetirizine is an antihistamine that reduces the effects of natural chemical histamine in the body. Histamine can produce symptoms such as a runny nose or hives.It blocks histamine action, which reduces allergy symptoms.
UsageGUAIFENESIN is generally used to treat: Bronchitis, Laryngitis, Pharyngitis, Rhinitis, Sinusitis, Whooping Cough
GUAIFENESIN can address symptoms like: Shortness Of Breath, Difficulty Breathing, Wheezing, Cough, Chest Pain, Chest Discomfort, Fever, Head Headache, Fatigue (tiredness), Rapid Heart Rate (pulse)
AMBROXOL is generally used to treat: Emphysema, Bronchitis, Pneumoconiosis, Bronchiectasis
PHENYLEPHRINE can address symptoms like: Nasal Congestion
LEVOCETIRIZINE is generally used to treat: Allergy, Pediatric Urticaria, Urticaria
LEVOCETIRIZINE can address symptoms like: Eyes Watery Eyes, Runny Nose, Sneezing, Body Itching, Eyes Itching, Nose Itching
Frequently Asked QuestionsQ: Is it safe on my liver?
A: Not Safe
Q: Is it safe on my kidney?
A: Not Safe
Q: Can I take it with alcohol?
A: Not Safe
Q: Is it safe for children?
A: Not Advised for age < 6month
Q: Can it be taken during pregnancy?
A: Not enough studies to prove Risk – Ask your Doctor
Q: Is it safe to take for someone breastfeeding?
A: Not Safe
How Do I Take It?TOREX AP SYP is generally taken With Food.
Precautions for TOREX AP SYP and its Constituents
- You should not use guaifenesin if you are allergic to guaifenesin.
- Use guaifenesin exactly as directed on the label, or as prescribed by your doctor. Do not use it in larger amounts or for longer than recommended.
- Drink extra fluids to help loosen the congestion and lubricate your throat while you are taking this medication.
- Take guaifenesin with food if it upsets your stomach.Measure the liquid form of guaifenesin with a special dose-measuring spoon or cup, not a regular table spoon.
- Do not crush, chew, break, or open a controlled-release, delayed-release, or extended-release tablet or capsule. Swallow it whole. Breaking or opening the pill may cause too much of the drug to be released at one time.
- Do not take extra medicine to make up the missed dose.
- This medication may impair your thinking or reactions. Be careful if you drive or do anything that requires you to be alert.
- The liquid forms and powder packets of this medication may contain aspartame. If you have phenylketonuria or any other condition that requires you to restrict your intake of aspartame (or phenylalanine), consult your doctor or pharmacist about using this product safely.
- Use within 4 weeks of opening the bottle; discard after 4 weeks of opening even if not used
Caution needed for pregnant and breastfeeding women. Avoid excess dosage.
Do not give phenylephrine containing products to children younger than 4 years of age. It may cause serious side effects or cause of death in children. Do not use this medication for
- You should not use levocetirizine if you are allergic to levocetirizine or cetirizine.
- You should not take levocetirizine if you have end-stage kidney disease or if you are on dialysis. Any child younger than 12 years old with kidney disease should not take levocetirizine.
- Follow all directions on your prescription label and read all medication guides or instruction sheets.
- Use the medicine exactly as directed.
- Do not give a child more than the prescribed dose of this medicine.
- Levocetirizine is usually taken in the evening, with or without food.
- Measure liquid medicine carefully. Use the dosing syringe provided, or use a medicine dose-measuring device (not a kitchen spoon).
- Do not take two doses at one time.
- Avoid driving or hazardous activity until you know how levocetirizine will affect you. Your reactions could be impaired.
- Drinking alcohol with this medicine can cause side effects.
- Liquid products may contain sugar and/or aspartame. Caution is advised if you have diabetes, phenylketonuria, or any other condition that requires you to limit/avoid these substances in your diet. Ask your doctor or pharmacist about using this medication safely.
Symptoms of OverdosageLEVOCETIRIZINE over-dosage can result in: Drowsiness, Mood Swings, Restless Or Irritability, Agitation
Common Side-EffectsGUAIFENESIN : Diarrhoea, Skin Rash, Hives, Dizziness, Head Headache, Nausea, Vomit, Abdomen Upset Stomach
AMBROXOL : Runny Nose, Nausea, Vomit, Abdomen Upset Stomach
PHENYLEPHRINE : Hives, Skin Rash, Blood Pressure, High, Body Itching, Irregular Heartbeat, Difficulty Sleeping, Eyes Blurred Vision, Chest Discomfort, Wheezing, Shortness Of Breath, Nervousness, Head Headache, Restless Or Irritability, Seizures (uncontrollable Jerking Of Limbs)
LEVOCETIRIZINE : Diarrhoea, Urinary Retention, Nosebleeds, Drowsiness, Fatigue (tiredness), Fever, Vomit, Dry Mouth, Weight Gain, Constipation, Head Headache, Throat Soreness, Runny Nose, Body Pain, Ears Pain, Nasal Congestion, Hoarse Voice, Loss Of Voice, Ears Swelling, Neck Enlarged Or Swollen Glands
Serious Side-EffectsGUAIFENESIN : Breathlessness, Difficulty Breathing
LEVOCETIRIZINE : Difficulty Urinating, Cough
Rare Side-EffectsLEVOCETIRIZINE : Skin Rash, Itchy Skin, Difficulty Breathing
Disease InteractionsLEVOCETIRIZINE can interfere with: Acute Renal Failure, Urinary Retention
Technical ClassificationGUAIFENESIN is categorized as: EXPECTORANTS / RESPIRATORY AGENTS
AMBROXOL is categorized as: MUCOLYTICS / RESPIRATORY INHALANT PRODUCTS / RESPIRATORY AGENTS
PHENYLEPHRINE is categorized as:
- DECONGESTANTS / RESPIRATORY AGENTS
- VASOPRESSORS / CARDIOVASCULAR AGENTS
LEVOCETIRIZINE is categorized as: ANTIHISTAMINES / RESPIRATORY AGENTS
Available Alternatives for TOREX AP SYP
What are the commonly available Substitutes?
|CUFLIFT SYP||INR 58 for 100 ML SYRUP||GUAIFENESIN 50.0 MG, AMBROXOL 15.0 MG, PHENYLEPHRINE 5.0 MG, LEVOCETIRIZINE 0.8 MG|
|DKOF SYP||INR 41.65 for 60 ML SYRUP||GUAIFENESIN 50.0 MG, AMBROXOL 15.0 MG, PHENYLEPHRINE 5.0 MG, LEVOCETIRIZINE 0.8 MG|
|KOFAREST PLUS SYP||INR 71.46 for 100 ML SYRUP||GUAIFENESIN 50.0 MG, AMBROXOL 15.0 MG, PHENYLEPHRINE 5.0 MG, LEVOCETIRIZINE 0.8 MG|
|TOREX AP SYP||INR 54 for 100 ML SYRUP||GUAIFENESIN 50.0 MG, AMBROXOL 15.0 MG, PHENYLEPHRINE 5.0 MG, LEVOCETIRIZINE 0.8 MG|
What are the other drugs with similar Ingredients?
|BUREX PLUS SYP||INR 29.37 for 100 ML SYRUP||GUAIFENESIN , LEVOCETIRIZINE , PHENYLEPHRINE , AMBROXOL|
|CC CURE TAB||INR 50 for 10 TABLETS||GUAIFENESIN 100.0 MG, AMBROXOL 60.0 MG, PHENYLEPHRINE 10.0 MG, LEVOCETIRIZINE 2.5 MG|
|VISCODYNE NATURAL SYPUP||INR 60.5 for 100 ML SYRUP||PHENYLEPHRINE , LEVOCETIRIZINE , GUAIFENESIN , AMBROXOL|
|VISCODYNE PET SYP||INR 68 for 100 ML SYRUP||GUAIFENESIN , LEVOCETIRIZINE , PHENYLEPHRINE , AMBROXOL|
|XFACTOR SYP||INR 28.3 for 100 ML SYRUP||GUAIFENESIN 10 MG/ML, AMBROXOL 3 MG/ML, PHENYLEPHRINE 1 MG/ML, LEVOCETIRIZINE 0.16 MG/ML|