- 1 Overview
- 2 Usage
- 3 Frequently Asked Questions
- 4 How Do I Take It?
- 5 Precautions for TINILOX MPS SUSP and its Constituents
- 6 Common Side-Effects
- 7 Serious Side-Effects
- 8 Rare Side-Effects
- 9 Technical Classification
- 10 Available Alternatives for TINILOX MPS SUSP
- 11 Share this:
- 12 Like this:
- 13 Related Articles
OverviewTINILOX MPS SUSP is a Schedule H antibiotic.
TINILOX MPS SUSP is composed of: DILOXANIDE (300.0 MG), TINIDAZOLE (250.0 MG), SIMETHICONE (25.0 MG)
Tinidazole is an antibiotic that fights bacteria in the body.Tinidazole is used to treat certain infections caused by bacteria, such as infection of the intestines or vagina. It is also used to treat certain sexually transmitted infections.It kills the bacteria and other microorganisms that cause infections by damaging their DNA.
Simethicone is used to relieve symptoms of extra gas caused by air swallowing or certain foods/infant formulas. Simethicone helps break up gas bubbles in the gut.Simethicone is an antifoaming medicine. It disintegrates gas bubbles and allows easy passage of gas.Simethicone treat the symptoms of gas such as uncomfortable or painful pressure, fullness, and bloating.
UsageTINIDAZOLE is generally used to treat: Bacterial Infection, Trichomoniasis, Giardiasis, Bacterial Vaginosis
SIMETHICONE is generally used to treat: Gas, Flatulence, Stomach Pain
SIMETHICONE can address symptoms like: Increased Passing Gas, Abdomen Bloating Or Fullness, Abdomen Pain
Frequently Asked QuestionsQ: Is it safe on my liver?
A: Not Safe
Q: Is it safe on my kidney?
A: Check with your Doctor first
Q: Can I take it with alcohol?
A: Not Safe
Q: Is it safe for children?
A: Not Advised for age < 2yrs
Q: Can it be taken during pregnancy?
A: Not enough studies to prove Risk – Ask your Doctor
Q: Is it safe to take for someone breastfeeding?
A: Not Safe
How Do I Take It?TINILOX MPS SUSP is generally taken With Food.
Precautions for TINILOX MPS SUSP and its Constituents
- You should not use this medication if you are allergic to tinidazole or metronidazole.
- Do not take tinidazole during the first 3 months of pregnancy.
- Take exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Do not take in larger or smaller amounts or for longer than recommended. Follow the directions on your prescription label.Some infections are treated with only one dose. Follow your doctor’s instructions.
- Do not share this medication with another person, even if they have the same symptoms you have.
- If you are treating a sexually transmitted infection, make sure your sexual partner seeks medical attention to be treated also.
- Take this medication for the full prescribed length of time. Your symptoms may improve before the infection is completely cleared.
- Tinidazole will not treat a viral infection such as the common cold or flu.
- Do not take extra medicine to make up the missed dose.
- Do not drink alcohol while taking tinidazole and for at least 3 days after your treatment ends.
- Check the label of the products and other medicines you use, such as mouthwash or cough and cold medicines. Alcohol in these products can also cause a reaction if you use them while taking tinidazole.It may cause drowsiness or dizziness, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
- Tinidazole may cause live bacterial vaccines to not work as well. Do not have any immunizations/vaccinations while using this medication.
- You should not use this medication if you are allergic to simethicone.
- The liquid form may contain phenylalanine. Talk to your doctor before using this form of simethicone if you have phenylketonuriaUse exactly as directed on the label, or as prescribed by your doctor. Do not use in larger or smaller amounts or for longer than recommended.
- Do not take more of this medication than is directed.
- Simethicone works best if you take it after meals and at bedtime.
- The simethicone chewable tablet must be chewed before swallowing.
- Measure liquid medicine with a special dose-measuring spoon or medicine cup. If you do not have a dose-measuring device, ask your pharmacist for one.
- Simethicone liquid drops can be mixed with water, baby formula, or other liquids to make swallowing easier for an infant or child.
- Ask a doctor or pharmacist before using any other stomach medicine or antacid.
Common Side-EffectsTINIDAZOLE : Heartburn, Diarrhoea, Indigestion, Vagina Discharge Or Mucus, Nausea, Vomit, Loss Of Appetite, Fever, Chills, Body Pain, Abdomen Stomach Cramps, Constipation, Head Headache, Weakness (generalized), Dizziness, Unusual Taste In Mouth, Belching, Abdomen Painful Bowel Movements, Body Discomfort, Weight Loss (unintentional), Upper Abdomen Discomfort, Chest Discomfort, Dry Mouth
SIMETHICONE : Diarrhoea, Skin Rash, Itchy Skin, Hives, Abdomen Upset Stomach, Body Burning Sensation
Serious Side-EffectsTINIDAZOLE : Seizure, Throat Soreness, Easy Bleeding, Arms Tingling, Legs Tingling
SIMETHICONE : Difficulty Breathing, Face Swelling, Swollen Lips, Swollen Tongue
Rare Side-EffectsTINIDAZOLE : Cough, Difficulty Breathing, Noisy Breathing, Shortness Of Breath, Wheezing, Chest Pain, Coated Or Furry Tongue, Throat Soreness, Hoarse Voice, Mood Swings, Loss Of Voice, Neck Enlarged Or Swollen Glands
SIMETHICONE : Dizziness
Technical ClassificationTINIDAZOLE is categorized as: AMEBICIDES / ANTI-INFECTIVES
SIMETHICONE is categorized as: MISCELLANEOUS GI AGENTS / GASTROINTESTINAL AGENTS
Available Alternatives for TINILOX MPS SUSP
What are the commonly available Substitutes?
|TINILOX MPS SUSP||INR 25.12 for 30 ML SUSPENSION||DILOXANIDE 300.0 MG, TINIDAZOLE 250.0 MG, SIMETHICONE 25.0 MG|
|TINILOX MPS TAB||INR 58.08 for 10 TABLETS||DILOXANIDE 300.0 MG, TINIDAZOLE 250.0 MG, SIMETHICONE 25.0 MG|
What are the other drugs with similar Ingredients?
|AMIRID TAB||INR 51.3 for 10 TABLETS||DILOXANIDE 375.0 MG, TINIDAZOLE 300.0 MG, SIMETHICONE 25.0 MG|
|AMODIL 250MG/300MG/25MG TAB||INR 29.62 for 10 TABLETS||TINIDAZOLE 300.0 MG, DILOXANIDE 250.0 MG, SIMETHICONE 25.0 MG|
|DIALOX 275MG/300MG/25MG TAB||INR 28.73 for 10 TABLETS||TINIDAZOLE 300.0 MG, DILOXANIDE 275.0 MG, SIMETHICONE 25.0 MG|
|DIALOX TAB||INR 28.73 for 10 TABLETS||TINIDAZOLE 300 MG, DILOXANIDE 275 MG, SIMETHICONE 25 MG|
|DILOTIN MPS 250MG/300MG/25MG SYP||INR 34.48 for 60 ML SYRUP||TINIDAZOLE 300.0 MG, DILOXANIDE 250.0 MG, SIMETHICONE 25.0 MG|
|DILOTIN MPS 250MG/300MG/25MG TAB||INR 35.5 for 10 TABLETS||TINIDAZOLE 300.0 MG, DILOXANIDE 250.0 MG, SIMETHICONE 25.0 MG|
|ENTEROZOL TAB||INR 37.22 for 10 TABLETS||DILOXANIDE 375.0 MG, TINIDAZOLE 300.0 MG, SIMETHICONE 25.0 MG, DICYCLOMINE 5.0 MG|
|LUMENTA 250MG/300MG/25MG TAB||INR 18.38 for 10 TABLETS||TINIDAZOLE 300.0 MG, DILOXANIDE 250.0 MG, SIMETHICONE 25.0 MG|
|PROTOBID MPS TAB||INR 40 for 10 TABLETS||TINIDAZOLE , SIMETHICONE , DILOXANIDE|
|TINDIKON 250MG/300MG/25MG SYP||INR 32.01 for 50 ML SYRUP||TINIDAZOLE 300.0 MG, DILOXANIDE 250.0 MG, SIMETHICONE 25.0 MG|
|TINIDIL 250MG/300MG/25MG TAB||INR 25 for 10 TABLETS||TINIDAZOLE 300.0 MG, DILOXANIDE 250.0 MG, SIMETHICONE 25.0 MG|