- 1 Overview
- 2 Usage
- 3 Frequently Asked Questions
- 4 How Do I Take It?
- 5 Precautions for TAMLET 2MG CAP and its Constituents
- 6 Symptoms of Overdosage
- 7 Common Side-Effects
- 8 Serious Side-Effects
- 9 Rare Side-Effects
- 10 Disease Interactions
- 11 Technical Classification
- 12 Available Alternatives for TAMLET 2MG CAP
- 13 Share this:
- 14 Like this:
- 15 Related Articles
OverviewTAMLET 2MG CAP is a Schedule H drug.
TAMLET 2MG CAP is composed of: TOLTERODINE (2.0 MG), TAMSULOSIN (0.4 MG)
Tolterodine reduces spasms of the bladder muscles.It works by relaxing the bladder muscle. It helps prevent urine leaking and the urge to urinate frequently. It has also been tried for the treatment of bed wetting caused by overactive bladder in children who are above the age of 5 years.
Tamsulosin is an alpha-blocker that relaxes the muscles in the prostate and bladder neck, making it easier to urinate.Tamsulosin is used to improve urination in men with benign prostatic hyperplasia.Tamsulosin is not approved for use in women or children.
UsageTOLTERODINE is generally used to treat: Overactive Bladder
TOLTERODINE can address symptoms like: Frequent Urge To Urinate, Frequent Urination, Urine Leaking (incontinence)
TAMSULOSIN is generally used to treat: Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia
TAMSULOSIN can address symptoms like: Frequent Urge To Urinate, Frequent Nighttime Urination, Blood Or Red Colored Urine, Slow Or Weak Urine Stream
Frequently Asked QuestionsQ: Is it safe on my liver?
A: Check with your Doctor first
Q: Is it safe on my kidney?
A: Not Safe
Q: Can I take it with alcohol?
A: Not Safe
Q: Is it safe for children?
A: Not Advised for age < 18yrs
Q: Can it be taken during pregnancy?
A: Not enough studies to prove Risk – Ask your Doctor
How Do I Take It?TAMLET 2MG CAP is generally taken After Food.
Precautions for TAMLET 2MG CAP and its Constituents
- You should not take this medication if you are allergic to tolterodine or fesoterodine if you have untreated or uncontrolled narrow-angle glaucoma, or if you have a blockage of the urinary tract, stomach, or intestines.
- Take exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Do not take in larger or smaller amounts or for longer than recommended. Follow the directions on your prescription label.
- Your doctor may occasionally change your dose to make sure you get the best results.
- Take this medication with water.
- Do not crush, chew, break, or open a controlled-release capsule. Swallow it whole. Breaking or opening the pill may cause too much of the drug to be released at one time.
- Do not take extra medicine to make up the missed dose.
- Tolterodine may impair your thinking or reactions. Be careful if you drive or do anything that requires you to be alert.
- Drinking alcohol can increase some of the side effects of tolterodine.
- Can take up to 4 weeks before you see an improvement in your symptoms.
- Avoid caffeine, alcohol or carbonated drinks as they can worsen your symptoms.
- You should not use this medication if you are allergic to tamsulosin.
- Do not take tamsulosin together with similar medicines such as alfuzosin, doxazosin,prazosin , silodosin or terazosin.
- Take tamsulosin exactly as it was prescribed for you. Follow all directions on your prescription label. Your doctor may occasionally change your dose to make sure you get the best results.
- Do not take this medicine in larger or smaller amounts or for longer than recommended.Tamsulosin is usually taken once a day, approximately 30 minutes after a meal. Try to take this medication at the same time each day.
- Do not crush, chew, or open a capsule. Swallow the capsule whole.
- Your blood pressure will need to be checked often.
- If you stop taking tamsulosin for any reason, call your doctor before you start taking it again.You may need a dose adjustment.
- Do not take extra medicine to make up the missed dose.
- Tamsulosin may impair your thinking or reactions. Be careful if you drive or do anything that requires you to be alert.
- Avoid getting up too fast from a sitting or lying position, or you may feel dizzy. Get up slowly and steady yourself to prevent a fall.To prevent dizziness, avoid standing for long periods of time or becoming overheated during exercise and in hot weather.
- Drinking alcohol can increase certain side effects of tamsulosin.
Symptoms of OverdosageTOLTERODINE over-dosage can result in: Dry Mouth, Rapid Heart Rate (pulse), Eyes Blurred Vision, Fainting, Mood Swings, Irregular Heartbeat
TAMSULOSIN over-dosage can result in: Dizziness, Fainting
Common Side-EffectsTOLTERODINE : Diarrhoea, Heartburn, Indigestion, Dry Skin, Eyes Dry Eyes, Dry Mouth, Eyes Blurred Vision, Dizziness, Drowsiness, Constipation, Abdomen Pain, Abdomen Upset Stomach, Joint Pain, Head Headache, Frequent Urge To Urinate, Frequent Urination, Chills, Cough, Body Discomfort, Loss Of Appetite, Nausea, Throat Soreness, Shortness Of Breath, Chest Discomfort, Runny Nose, Body Excessive Sweating, Difficulty Sleeping, Vomit, Belching, Lightheadedness, Nervousness, Spinning Sensation, Abdomen Discomfort, Weight Gain
TAMSULOSIN : Insomnia, Dizziness, Drowsiness, Weakness (generalized), Nausea, Head Headache, Chest Pain, Back Pain, Eyes Blurred Vision, Fever, Chills, Body Pain, Runny Nose, Throat Soreness, Cough, Difficulty Sleeping, Nasal Congestion, Painful Ejaculation
Serious Side-EffectsTOLTERODINE : Vision Problems, Acute Kidney Failure, Blood Or Red Colored Urine, Pain With Urination, Difficulty Urinating, Chest Pain, Eyes Pain, Body Loss Of Movement, Fainting
TAMSULOSIN : Chest Pain, Lower Back Pain, Pain With Urination, Neck Enlarged Or Swollen Glands, Difficulty Swallowing, Loss Of Voice
Rare Side-EffectsTOLTERODINE : Skin Rash, Itchy Skin
TAMSULOSIN : Skin Rash, Itchy Skin, Fainting, Dizziness, Lightheadedness, Hallucinations, Pain During Erection, Spinning Sensation
Disease InteractionsTAMSULOSIN can interfere with: Hypotension, Syncope, Diarrhoea, Vomiting, Glaucoma, Cataract, Acute Renal Failure, Acute Liver Failure
Technical ClassificationTOLTERODINE is categorized as: URINARY ANTISPASMODICS / GENITOURINARY TRACT AGENTS
TAMSULOSIN is categorized as: ANTIADRENERGIC AGENTS, PERIPHERALLY ACTING / CARDIOVASCULAR AGENTS
Available Alternatives for TAMLET 2MG CAP
What are the commonly available Substitutes?
|ROLIFLO OD-2 CAP||INR 179 for 10 CAPSULES||TOLTERODINE 2.0 MG, TAMSULOSIN 0.4 MG|
|TAMLET 2MG CAP||INR 140 for 10 CAPSULES||TOLTERODINE 2.0 MG, TAMSULOSIN 0.4 MG|
What are the other drugs with similar Ingredients?
|BAPTER 0.4MG/4MG CAP||INR 195.75 for 10 CAPSULES||TOLTERODINE 4.0 MG, TAMSULOSIN 0.4 MG|
|ROLIFLO OD-4 CAP||INR 246.5 for 10 CAPSULES||TOLTERODINE 4.0 MG, TAMSULOSIN 0.4 MG|
|TAMLET 4MG CAPULE||INR 225 for 10 CAPSULES||TOLTERODINE 4.0 MG, TAMSULOSIN 0.4 MG|
|TOLTAM CAP||INR 213.5 for 10 CAPSULES||TOLTERODINE 4.0 MG, TAMSULOSIN 0.4 MG|