- 1 Overview
- 2 Usage
- 3 Frequently Asked Questions
- 4 Precautions for TACHYRA 150MG INJ and its Constituents
- 5 Symptoms of Overdosage
- 6 Common Side-Effects
- 7 Serious Side-Effects
- 8 Rare Side-Effects
- 9 Food Interactions
- 10 Technical Classification
- 11 Available Alternatives for TACHYRA 150MG INJ
- 12 Share this:
- 13 Like this:
- 14 Related Articles
OverviewTACHYRA 150MG INJ is a Schedule H drug.
TACHYRA 150MG INJ is composed of: AMIODARONE (150.0 MG)
Amiodaroneis an anti-arrhythmic medication. It works by blocking abnormal electrical signals in the heart to correct irregular heartbeat to a normal rhythm. Amiodarone affects the rhythm of yourheartbeats. It is used to help keep the heart beating normally in people with life-threatening heart rhythm disorders of the ventricles (the lower chambers of the heart that allow blood to flow out of the heart). Amiodarone is used to treat ventriculartachycardia or ventricular fibrillation. Amiodarone is for use only in treating life-threatening heart rhythm disorders. Amiodarone is a prescription medication used to treat adults with life-threatening abnormal heart rhythm known medically as ventricular arrhythmia. It is used when other medications fail to work. Amiodarone belongs to a group of drugs called antiarrhythmic drugs. It affects the potassium level in the heart muscle which helps the heart resist irregular electrical signals.
UsageAMIODARONE is generally used to treat: Heart Arrhythmias, Ventricular Fibrillation, Idiopathic
AMIODARONE can address symptoms like: Irregular Heartbeat, Shortness Of Breath, Fatigue (tiredness), Pounding Heart (pulse), Lightheadedness, Chest Discomfort, Nausea, Anxiety
Frequently Asked QuestionsQ: Is it safe on my liver?
A: Not Safe
Q: Is it safe on my kidney?
A: Check with your Doctor first
Q: Can I take it with alcohol?
A: Not Safe
Q: Is it safe for children?
A: Not Advised for age < 18yrs
Q: Can it be taken during pregnancy?
A: Studies indicate Risk – Doctor advice is must
Precautions for TACHYRA 150MG INJ and its Constituents
- Amiodaronehas several serious adverse effects and is indicated only when the condition is serious and no other treatments are suitable.
- Notifyyour doctor if you develop breathlessness, persistent cough, jaundice, restlessness, weight loss/gain, or eye problems.
- Avoiddirect exposure to sunlight as there may be a risk of photosensitivity.
- Notifyyour doctor about all other medicines that you are taking as Amiodarone can interact with many medicines.
- Youshould not use this medicine if you are allergic to amiodarone or iodine, or ifyou have a serious heart condition called"AV block", unless you have a pacemaker a history of slow heartbeats that have causedyou to faint or if your heart cannot pump blood properly.
- Amiodaronecan cause dangerous side effects on your heart, liver, lungs, or thyroid.
- Takeamiodarone exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Follow all directions on your prescription label.
- Do nottake this medicine in larger or smaller amounts or for longer than recommended. You will receive your first few doses in a hospital setting, where your heart rhythm can be monitored.If you have been taking another heart rhythm medicine, you may need to gradually stop taking it when you start using amiodarone. Follow your doctor’s dosing instructions very carefully.
- It may take up to 2 weeks before your heart rhythm improves. Keep using the medicine as directed even if you feel well.
Symptoms of OverdosageAMIODARONE over-dosage can result in: Weakness (generalized), Difficulty Breathing, Fainting, Dizziness, Slow Heart Rate (pulse), Lightheadedness
Common Side-EffectsAMIODARONE : Dizziness, Dry Skin, Irregular Heartbeat, Constipation, Eczema, Essential Tremor, Photosensitivity, Neck Discoloration, Face Discoloration, Arms Discoloration, Eyes Dry Eyes, Nervousness, Irregular Heartbeat, Weakness (generalized), Weight Gain, Difficulty Sleeping, Slow Heart Rate (pulse)
Serious Side-EffectsAMIODARONE : Dizziness, Constipation, Vomiting, Breathlessness, Cough, Lightheadedness, Fever, Shortness Of Breath, Arms Weakness, Legs Weakness, Head Headache, Loss Of Appetite, Ankles Swelling, Feet Swelling
Rare Side-EffectsAMIODARONE : Dizziness, Skin Rash, Itchy Skin, Face Swelling, Difficulty Breathing
Technical ClassificationAMIODARONE is categorized as: GROUP III ANTIARRHYTHMICS / ANTIARRHYTHMIC AGENTS / CARDIOVASCULAR AGENTS
Available Alternatives for TACHYRA 150MG INJ
What are the commonly available Substitutes?
|AMIODON 150MG INJ||INR 69 for 3 ML INJECTION||AMIODARONE 150.0 MG|
|CORDARONE 150MG INJ||INR 420.6 for 6 VIALS||AMIODARONE 150.0 MG|
|DURON 150MG INJ||INR 68.45 for 3 ML INJECTION||AMIODARONE 150.0 MG|
|EURYTHMIC 150MG INJ||INR 63.62 for 3 ML INJECTION||AMIODARONE 150.0 MG|
|EURYTHMIC 150MG PREFILLED SYPINGE||INR 160.95 for 3 ML PREFILLED SYRINGE||AMIODARONE 150.0 MG|
|TACHYRA 150MG INJ||INR 69.77 for 3 ML INJECTION||AMIODARONE 150.0 MG|
What are the other drugs with similar Ingredients?
|ALDARONE INJ||INR 11.3 for 3ML INJECTION.||AMIODARONE 50 MG/ML|
|AMIODAR 100MG TAB||INR 75.6 for 10 TABLETS||AMIODARONE 100.0 MG|
|AMIODAR 200MG TAB||INR 135.34 for 10 TABLETS||AMIODARONE 200.0 MG|
|AMIODON 100MG TAB||INR 61.25 for 10 TABLETS||AMIODARONE 100.0 MG|
|AMIODON 200MG TAB||INR 112.5 for 10 TABLETS||AMIODARONE 200.0 MG|
|AMIPACE 100MG TAB||INR 55.5 for 10 TABLETS||AMIODARONE 100.0 MG|
|AMIPACE 200MG TAB||INR 110 for 10 TABLETS||AMIODARONE 200.0 MG|
|CARDASOL AMP||INR 136 for 1 PACK||SALICYLIC ACID NAN, AMIODARONE NAN|
|CORDARONE 100MG TAB||INR 55.65 for 10 TABLETS||AMIODARONE 100 MG|
|CORDARONE INJ||INR 91 for 1 INJECTION||AMIODARONE 50 MG|
|CORDARONE TAB||INR 88 for 10 TABLETS||AMIODARONE 100 MG|
|CORDARONE X 200MG TAB||INR 110.36 for 10 TABLETS||AMIODARONE 200.0 MG|
|CORDARONE XR 200MG TAB||INR 110.36 for 10 TABLETS||AMIODARONE 200 MG|
|CORDARONE-X TAB||INR 180.51 for 10 TABLETS||AMIODARONE 200 MG|
|DURON 100MG TAB||INR 48 for 10 TABLETS||AMIODARONE 100.0 MG|
|DURON 200MG TAB||INR 90 for 10 TABLETS||AMIODARONE 200.0 MG|
|EURYTHMIC 100MG TAB||INR 74.5 for 10 TABLETS||AMIODARONE 100.0 MG|
|EURYTHMIC 200MG TAB||INR 133.5 for 10 TABLETS||AMIODARONE 200.0 MG|
|PANAROL 100MG TAB||INR 33.65 for 6 TABLETS||AMIODARONE 100.0 MG|
|RITEBEAT 100MG TAB||INR 75.5 for 10 TABLETS||AMIODARONE 100.0 MG|
|TACHYRA 100MG TAB||INR 51.52 for 10 TABLETS||AMIODARONE 100.0 MG|
|TACHYRA 200MG TAB||INR 89.09 for 10 TABLETS||AMIODARONE 200.0 MG|