- 1 Overview
- 2 Usage
- 3 Frequently Asked Questions
- 4 Precautions for POLYCREM CRM and its Constituents
- 5 Common Side-Effects
- 6 Food Interactions
- 7 Technical Classification
- 8 Available Alternatives for POLYCREM CRM
- 9 Share this:
- 10 Like this:
- 11 Related Articles
OverviewPOLYCREM CRM is a Schedule H1 antibiotic.
POLYCREM CRM is composed of: BETAMETHASONE ( ), GENTAMICIN ( ), TOLNAFTATE ( )
Betamethasone is a steroid which works by blocking the production of certain chemical messengers in the body that cause inflammation (redness and swelling) and allergies. Betamethasone is used in the treatment of allergy symptoms.
Gentamicin is a prescription medication used to treat certain serious infections that are caused by bacteria such as meningitis (infection of the membranes that surround the brain and spinal cord) and infections of the blood, abdomen (stomach area), lungs, skin, bones, joints, and urinary tract. Gentamicin can be used topically to treat eye and skin infections. Gentamicin can cause kidney damage and hearing loss. Patients should be closely monitored while receiving gentamicin. Gentamicin belongs to a group of drugs called aminoglycoside antibiotics. Gentamicin can also cause dizziness. Do not drive or operate heavy machinery until you know how gentamicin affects you.
Tolnaftate is an antifungal medication that fights infections caused by fungus.Tolnaftate is also used with other antifungals to treat infections of the nails, scalp, palms, and soles of the feet. It blocks the fungal growth that cause skin infections.
UsageBETAMETHASONE is generally used to treat: Allergy
GENTAMICIN is generally used to treat: Bacterial Infection, Meningitis, Deep Skin Infection
TOLNAFTATE is generally used to treat: Tinea Pedis, Tinea Corporis, Jock Itch, Tinea Versicolor, Fungal Infection, Nail, Fungal Infection
TOLNAFTATE can address symptoms like: Skin Irritation, Redness, Body Burn, Body Itching, Pale Skin, Body Discoloration
Frequently Asked QuestionsQ: Is it safe on my liver?
A: Not Safe
Q: Is it safe on my kidney?
A: Not Safe
Q: Can I take it with alcohol?
A: Not Safe
Q: Is it safe for children?
A: Not Advised for age < 2yrs
Q: Can it be taken during pregnancy?
A: Not enough studies to prove Risk – Ask your Doctor
Q: Is it safe to take for someone breastfeeding?
A: Check with your Doctor first
Precautions for POLYCREM CRM and its Constituents
Caution should be exercised in patients with history of skin thinning, skin infection, diabetes, increased eye pressure, cataract, circulation disorder, immune disorder, tuberculosis, chickenpox, shingles, measles, positive TB skin test, recently vaccinated, who are taking other medications, any allergy, children, during pregnancy and breastfeeding. For external use only; avoid contact with eyes, mouth.
- Caution needed in pregnant and breastfeeding women.
- Avoid exposure to sunlight.
- Avoid long-term use of this medication; otherwise it may cause secondary infection.
- You should not use tolnaftate topical if you are allergic to it.
- Do not use this medicine without a doctor’s advice if you are pregnant.
- Do not give this medicine to a child without medical advice.
- Use exactly as directed on the label, or as prescribed by your doctor.
- Do not use in larger or smaller amounts or for longer than recommended.
- Do not take by mouth. Tolnaftate topical is for use only on the skin.
- Do not use this medicine on open wounds or on sunburned, windburned, dry, chapped, or irritated skin If this medicine gets in your eyes, nose, mouth, rectum, or vagina, rinse with water.
- Do not cover the treated skin area with a bandage that does not allow air circulation.
- Wash your hands before and after applying this medicine.
- Clean and dry the skin before you apply tolnafate topical.
- Do not use extra medicine to make up the missed dose.
- Avoid tight-fitting synthetic clothing that does not allow air circulation. Wear loose-fitting clothing made of cotton and other natural fibers until your infection is healed.Inform your doctor if symptoms do not go away.
Common Side-EffectsBETAMETHASONE : Skin Rash, Body Itching
GENTAMICIN : Itchy Skin, Skin Rash, Eyes Burning Sensation, Eyes Eye Irritation, Nausea, Vomit, Loose Motion, Decreased Appetite, Head Headache, Fever, Fatigue (tiredness)
TOLNAFTATE : Itchy Skin, Dry Skin, Skin Irritation, Pale Skin
Technical ClassificationBETAMETHASONE is categorized as: GLUCOCORTICOIDS / ADRENAL CORTICAL STEROIDS / HORMONES
GENTAMICIN is categorized as: AMINOGLYCOSIDES / ANTI-INFECTIVES
TOLNAFTATE is categorized as: TOPICAL ANTIFUNGALS / DERMATOLOGICAL AGENTS / TOPICAL AGENTS
Available Alternatives for POLYCREM CRM
What are the commonly available Substitutes?
|FOURTOP CRM||INR 18.3 for 10 GM CREAM||TOLNAFTATE , GENTAMICIN , BETAMETHASONE|
|FOURTOP OINT||INR 23.33 for 5 GM OINTMENT||TOLNAFTATE , GENTAMICIN , BETAMETHASONE|
|FULDERM CRM||INR 40 for 5 GM CREAM||TOLNAFTATE , GENTAMICIN , BETAMETHASONE|
|POLYCREM CRM||INR 117.78 for 10 GM CREAM||GENTAMICIN , TOLNAFTATE , BETAMETHASONE|
|QD 4 CRM||INR 16.25 for 10 GM CREAM||TOLNAFTATE , GENTAMICIN , BETAMETHASONE|
|QUADRIM MIX CRM||INR 11.05 for 10 GM CREAM||TOLNAFTATE , GENTAMICIN , BETAMETHASONE|
|QUALIDERM CRM||INR 7.37 for 5 GM CREAM||TOLNAFTATE , GENTAMICIN , BETAMETHASONE|
|QUIPS FORTE CRM||INR 26 for 5 GM CREAM||TOLNAFTATE , GENTAMICIN , BETAMETHASONE|
|TOLNACOMB CRM||INR 59.5 for 10 GM CREAM||TOLNAFTATE , GENTAMICIN , BETAMETHASONE|
What are the other drugs with similar Ingredients?
|BIODERM OINT||INR 7.2 for 5 GM OINTMENT||CLIOQUINOL 15.0 MG, TOLNAFTATE 15.0 MG, GENTAMICIN 1.0 MG, BETAMETHASONE 0.61 MG|
|DERMITOP CRM||INR 114.2 for 20 GM CREAM||BETAMETHASONE 1.0 %, TOLNAFTATE , GENTAMICIN , CLIOQUINOL|
|DERMITOP LTN||INR 135 for 15 ML LOTION||TOLNAFTATE 10.0 MG, CLIOQUINOL 10.0 MG, GENTAMICIN 1.0 MG, BETAMETHASONE 0.61 MG|
|MULTIDERM CRM||INR 28.75 for 10 GM CREAM||BETAMETHASONE , CLIOQUINOL , GENTAMICIN , TOLNAFTATE|
|MYCOPAR CRM||INR 15 for 5 GM CREAM||TOLNAFTATE 10.0 MG, CLIOQUINOL 10.0 MG, GENTAMICIN 1.0 MG, BETAMETHASONE 0.61 MG|
|QUADRI MIX CRM||INR 27.5 for 5 GM CREAM||CLIOQUINOL 1.0 %, TOLNAFTATE 1.0 %, GENTAMICIN 0.1 %, BETAMETHASONE 0.05 %|
|QUISS CRM||INR 23.93 for 5 GM CREAM||GENTAMICIN 10.0 MG, CLIOQUINOL 1.0 MG, TOLNAFTATE , BETAMETHASONE 0.5 MG|
|QUISS FORTE CRM||INR 28.37 for 5 GM CREAM||CLIOQUINOL 15.0 MG, TOLNAFTATE 15.0 MG, GENTAMICIN 1.0 MG, CHLOROCRESOL 1.0 MG, BETAMETHASONE 0.61 MG|
|RESTODERM 0.025%/0.1%/1% CRM||INR 28.27 for 7 GM CREAM||TOLNAFTATE 1.0 %, GENTAMICIN 0.1 %, BETAMETHASONE 0.025 %|
|SKEEN CRM||INR 22.86 for 5 GM CREAM||CLIOQUINOL 10.0 MG, TOLNAFTATE 10.0 MG, GENTAMICIN 1.0 MG, BETAMETHASONE 0.6 MG|
|TIGBODERM CRM||INR 64 for 15 GM CREAM||TOLNAFTATE 1.0 %W/W, CLIOQUINOL 1.0 %W/W, GENTAMICIN 0.1 %W/W, CHLOROCRESOL 0.1 %W/W, BETAMETHASONE 0.05 %W/W|
|UNIDERM CRM||INR 29.7 for 5 GM CREAM||TOLNAFTATE , GENTAMICIN , CLIOQUINOL , BETAMETHASONE|
|UNIDERM NF CRM||INR 27 for 5 GM CREAM||CLIOQUINOL , BETAMETHASONE , TOLNAFTATE , GENTAMICIN|