- 1 Overview
- 2 Usage
- 3 Frequently Asked Questions
- 4 How Do I Take It?
- 5 Precautions for PARASAFE 125MG/12.5MG DPS and its Constituents
- 6 Symptoms of Overdosage
- 7 Common Side-Effects
- 8 Serious Side-Effects
- 9 Rare Side-Effects
- 10 Technical Classification
- 11 Available Alternatives for PARASAFE 125MG/12.5MG DPS
- 12 Share this:
- 13 Like this:
- 14 Related Articles
OverviewPARASAFE 125MG/12.5MG DPS is a Schedule H drug.
PARASAFE 125MG/12.5MG DPS is composed of: PARACETAMOL (125.0 MG), METHIONINE (12.5 MG)
Paracetamol is a pain reliever and a fever reducer. The exact mechanism of action of is not known. Paracetamol is used to treat many conditions such as a headache, muscle aches, arthritis, backache, toothaches, colds, and fevers. It relieves pain in mild arthritis but has no effect on the underlying inflammation and swelling of the joint.
Methionine is an amino acid. Amino acids are the building blocks that our bodies use to make proteins. Methionine is found in meat, fish, and dairy products, and it plays an important role in many cell functions.Methionine works by removing harmful breakdown products of paracetamol in the liver.
UsagePARACETAMOL is generally used to treat: Arthritis
PARACETAMOL can address symptoms like: Head Headache, Back Pain, Cold, Fever
METHIONINE is generally used to treat: Diaper Rash, Tylenol Liver Damage, Depression, Alcoholism, Allergy
METHIONINE can address symptoms like: Skin Irritation, Cloudy Urine With Strong Odor
Frequently Asked QuestionsQ: Is it safe on my liver?
A: Not Safe
Q: Is it safe on my kidney?
A: Check with your Doctor first
Q: Can I take it with alcohol?
A: Not Safe
Q: Is it safe for children?
A: Not Advised for age < 1month
Q: Can it be taken during pregnancy?
A: Not enough studies to prove Risk – Ask your Doctor
Q: Is it safe to take for someone breastfeeding?
A: Not Safe
How Do I Take It?PARASAFE 125MG/12.5MG DPS is generally taken With Food.
Precautions for PARASAFE 125MG/12.5MG DPS and its Constituents
Caution should be exercised in patients with history of asthma, bleeding problems, growths in the nose, heart, kidney or liver disease, liver inflammation, high blood pressure, chickenpox, anxiety, trouble in sleeping, ulcers, stomach problems, stroke, Kawasaki syndrome, any allergy, who are taking other medications, during pregnancy and breastfeeding. Avoid alcohol consumption. It should not be used in children with infections such as flu, chickenpox or viral infections. Avoid
- You should not take more of methionine, or take it more often, than your doctor ordered.
- You should also make sure that you get enough protein in your diet. This is especially important in infants. Infants who get too much racemethionine and not enough protein may not gain weight as they should.
- Take methionine with, or just after, meals.
- If you are unable to swallow the capsule, the contents may be added to juice, water, or warm milk or infant formula.
- Use a specially marked measuring spoon or other device to measure each dose accurately. The average household teaspoon may not hold the right amount of liquid.
- Do not double doses.
- Do not keep outdated medicine or medicine no longer needed.
- If your rash has not improved after 10 days, check with your doctor.Tell your doctor if you are have liver disorder, mental disorder such as schizophrenia, taking levodopa for Parkinsonism or taking any other medication.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery as methionine can cause drowsiness.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to get pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Do take if allergic to methionine or any of its ingredients.
- Do not take if having metabolic acidosis.
- Patients with more than 10 hours of paracetamol overdose.
Symptoms of OverdosagePARACETAMOL over-dosage can result in: Loss Of Appetite, Nausea, Vomit, Abdomen Pain, Weakness (generalized), Upper Abdomen Pain, Dark Colored (brown) Urine, Eyes Yellow Eyes
Common Side-EffectsMETHIONINE : Acidity, Blood Pressure, Low, Drowsiness, Nausea, Vomit
Serious Side-EffectsMETHIONINE : Liver Cirrhosis, Schizophrenia, Atherosclerosis, Confusion, Disorientation, Agitation
Rare Side-EffectsPARACETAMOL : Skin Rash, Dizziness, Difficulty Breathing, Face Swelling, Body Itching
Technical ClassificationPARACETAMOL is categorized as: MISCELLANEOUS ANALGESICS / ANALGESICS / CENTRAL NERVOUS SYSTEM AGENTS
METHIONINE is categorized as: NUTRACEUTICAL PRODUCTS / ALTERNATIVE MEDICINES
Available Alternatives for PARASAFE 125MG/12.5MG DPS
What are the commonly available Substitutes?
|PARASAFE 125MG/12.5MG DPS||INR 29.15 for 15 ML DROP||PARACETAMOL 125.0 MG, METHIONINE 12.5 MG|
|PARASAFE 125MG/12.5MG SUSP||INR 33 for 60 ML SUSPENSION||PARACETAMOL 125.0 MG, METHIONINE 12.5 MG|
|PARASAFE TENDER TAB||INR 7.9 for 10 TABLETS||PARACETAMOL 125 MG, METHIONINE 12.5 MG|
|SIGMOL LP SUSP||INR 33.33 for 60 ML SUSPENSION||PARACETAMOL 125.0 MG, METHIONINE 12.5 MG|
What are the other drugs with similar Ingredients?
|DEXIA 100MG/10MG DPS||INR 22 for 15 ML DROP||PARACETAMOL 100.0 MG, METHIONINE 10.0 MG|
|DEXIA 125MG/10MG SUSP||INR 41.23 for 50 ML SUSPENSION||PARACETAMOL 125.0 MG, METHIONINE 10.0 MG|
|DIAPAR 10MG/500MG SUSP||INR 43.9 for 60 ML SUSPENSION||METHIONINE 500.0 MG, PARACETAMOL 10.0 MG|
|DOLOMEC TAB||INR 10 for 10 TABLETS||PARACETAMOL 500.0 MG, IBUPROFEN 400.0 MG, METHIONINE 50.0 MG|
|HEPAMOL SYP||INR 25.87 for 60 ML SYRUP||METHIONINE , PARACETAMOL|
|HEPAMOL TAB||INR 16 for 10 TABLETS||METHIONINE , PARACETAMOL|
|PARASAFE 500MG/50MG TAB||INR 15.4 for 10 TABLETS||PARACETAMOL 500.0 MG, METHIONINE 50.0 MG|
|PARASAFE 650MG TAB||INR 22.77 for 10 TABLETS||PARACETAMOL 650 MG, METHIONINE 50 MG|
|PARASAFE 650MG/50MG TAB||INR 22.77 for 10 TABLETS||PARACETAMOL 650.0 MG, METHIONINE 50.0 MG|
|PARASAFE TAB||INR 26.75 for 10 TABLETS||PARACETAMOL 1000.0 MG, METHIONINE|
|PARASUIT KID TAB||INR 9.62 for 10 TABLETS||PARACETAMOL 125.0 MG, METHIONINE|
|PARASUIT TAB||INR 14.6 for 10 TABLETS||PARACETAMOL 500.0 MG, METHIONINE|
|SAFMOL 500MG/50MG TAB||INR 25.25 for 10 TABLETS||PARACETAMOL 500.0 MG, METHIONINE 50.0 MG|