- 1 Overview
- 2 Usage
- 3 Frequently Asked Questions
- 4 Precautions for ONCOCIN 10MG INJ and its Constituents
- 5 Common Side-Effects
- 6 Serious Side-Effects
- 7 Rare Side-Effects
- 8 Disease Interactions
- 9 Technical Classification
- 10 Available Alternatives for ONCOCIN 10MG INJ
- 11 Share this:
- 12 Like this:
- 13 Related Articles
OverviewONCOCIN 10MG INJ is a Schedule H drug.
ONCOCIN 10MG INJ is composed of: MITOMYCIN (10.0 MG)
Mitomycin is a cancer medicine that interferes with the growth and spread of cancer cells in the body.Mitomycin is used in combination with other cancer medications to treat cancer of the stomach and pancreas.Mitomycin treats only the symptoms of stomach or pancreatic cancer but does not treat the cancer itself.It works by damaging the genetic material (DNA) of the cancer cells and stops their growth and multiplication.
UsageMITOMYCIN is generally used to treat: Pancreatic Cancer, Stomach Cancer
MITOMYCIN can address symptoms like: Eyes Yellow Eyes, Body Discoloration, Back Pain, Weight Loss (unintentional), Decreased Appetite, Nausea, Vomit, Dark Colored (brown) Urine
Frequently Asked QuestionsQ: Is it safe on my liver?
A: Check with your Doctor first
Q: Is it safe on my kidney?
A: Not Safe
Q: Can I take it with alcohol?
A: Not Safe
Q: Is it safe for children?
A: Not Advised for age < 18yrs
Precautions for ONCOCIN 10MG INJ and its Constituents
- You should not use mitomycin if you are allergic to it.
- Your blood will need to be tested often.Avoid being near people who are sick or have infections. Tell your doctor at once if you develop signs of infection.
- Avoid activities that may increase your risk of bleeding or injury. Use extra care to prevent bleeding while shaving or brushing your teeth.
- Do not receive a "live" vaccine while using mitomycin.
- Mitomycin can pass into body fluids (urine, feces, vomit). For at least 48 hours after you receive a dose, avoid allowing your body fluids to come into contact with your hands or other surfaces.
- Caregivers should wear rubber gloves while cleaning up a patient’s body fluids, handling contaminated trash or laundry or changing diapers.
- Wash hands before and after removing gloves. Wash soiled clothing and linens separately from other laundry.Take precautions as mitomycin can lower the ability of your body to fight infections and the ability of your blood to clot. You may get an infection or bleed more easily.
- Seek immediate medical attention if you notice any redness, sores, oozing, or other skin changes during or after your treatment with mitomycin. Skin changes can occur several weeks or months after a mitomycin injection.
- Do not drive or operate machinery as mitomycin may cause weakness and lethargy.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Common Side-EffectsMITOMYCIN : Skin Rash, Anemia, Anorexia Nervosa, Itchy Skin, Mouth Ulcer, Fever, Nausea, Vomit, Loss Of Appetite, Mouth Soreness, Drowsiness, Head Headache, Eyes Blurred Vision, Hair Loss, Black (tar) Colored Stools, Blood Or Red Colored Urine, Bloody Or Red Colored Stools, Cough, Chills, Lower Back Pain, Pain With Urination, Difficulty Urinating, Shortness Of Breath, Decreased Urination, Feet Swelling, Fingers Numbness, Toes Numbness, Fatigue (tiredness), Fainting, Throat Soreness, Body Discomfort
Serious Side-EffectsMITOMYCIN : Bone Marrow Suppression, Heart Failure, Acute Kidney Failure, Acute Liver Failure, Hemolytic Uremic Syndrome, Blood Pressure, High, Difficulty Breathing, Irregular Heartbeat, Wheezing
Rare Side-EffectsMITOMYCIN : Breathlessness, Bloody Or Red Colored Vomit
Disease InteractionsMITOMYCIN can interfere with: Bacterial Infection, Fungal Infection, Viral Inection, Protozoal Infection
Technical ClassificationMITOMYCIN is categorized as: ANTIBIOTICS/ANTINEOPLASTICS / ANTINEOPLASTICS
Available Alternatives for ONCOCIN 10MG INJ
What are the commonly available Substitutes?
|LYOMIT 10MG INJ||INR 430.83 for 1 INJECTION||MITOMYCIN 10.0 MG|
|MITOMYCIN C 10MG INJ||INR 522 for 10 ML INJECTION||MITOMYCIN 10.0 MG|
|MITOMYCIN INJ||INR 460.9 for 1 INJECTION||MITOMYCIN 10 MG|
|ONCOCIN 10MG INJ||INR 333.33 for 1 INJECTION||MITOMYCIN 10.0 MG|
What are the other drugs with similar Ingredients?
|MITOMYCIN C 2MG INJ||INR 163 for 2 ML INJECTION||MITOMYCIN 2.0 MG|
|MITOMYCIN C 40MG INJ||INR 2162.35 for 1 INJECTION||MITOMYCIN 40.0 MG|
|MITOMYCIN-C 2MG VIAL||INR 163 for 2 ML INJECTION||MITOMYCIN 2 MG|
|ONCOCIN 2MG INJ||INR 90.47 for 1 INJECTION||MITOMYCIN 2.0 MG|