- 1 Overview
- 2 Usage
- 3 Frequently Asked Questions
- 4 Precautions for NEOTROY 0.5MG INJ and its Constituents
- 5 Symptoms of Overdosage
- 6 Common Side-Effects
- 7 Serious Side-Effects
- 8 Disease Interactions
- 9 Technical Classification
- 10 Available Alternatives for NEOTROY 0.5MG INJ
- 11 Share this:
- 12 Like this:
- 13 Related Articles
OverviewNEOTROY 0.5MG INJ is a Schedule H drug.
NEOTROY 0.5MG INJ is composed of: NEOSTIGMINE (0.5 MG)
This medication is a cholinesterase inhibitor, prescribed for Myasthenia Gravis. It inhibits the chemicals, which brings non-communication between the nervous and the muscular system. Neostigmine enhances the muscular movements in case of Myasthenia Gravis condition.
which help to increase a natural chemical in your body that stimulates muscle movement
UsageNEOSTIGMINE is generally used to treat: Myasthenia Gravis, Paralytic Ileus
NEOSTIGMINE can address symptoms like: Arms Weakness, Legs Weakness, Eyes Double Vision (without One Eye Covered), Slurred Speech, Eyes Drooping Eyelid, Shortness Of Breath, Difficulty Swallowing, Fatigue (tiredness), Muffled Voice
Frequently Asked QuestionsQ: Is it safe on my liver?
A: Check with your Doctor first
Q: Is it safe on my kidney?
A: Not Safe
Q: Can I take it with alcohol?
A: Not Safe
Q: Is it safe for children?
A: Not Advised for age < 2month
Q: Can it be taken during pregnancy?
A: Not enough studies to prove Risk – Ask your Doctor
Q: Is it safe to take for someone breastfeeding?
A: Check with your Doctor first
Precautions for NEOTROY 0.5MG INJ and its Constituents
- Use this medicine (neostigmine tablets) as ordered by your doctor. Take with or without food. Take with food if it causes an upset stomach.
- Take a missed dose as soon as you think about it.
- If it is close to the time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your normal time.Do not take 2 doses at the same time or extra doses.
- Do not share your drugs with others and do not take anyone else’s drugs.
- You may need to stop using the medicine for a short time in case of a surgery.
- Use neostigmine with caution if you have epilepsy, bronchial asthma, bradycardia, recent coronary occlusion, vagotonia, hyperthyroidism, cardiac arrhythmias, peptic ulcer.
- Avoid taking large doses of neostigmine in situations where there might be an increased absorption rate from the intestinal tract.
- Use with caution when neostigmine is given along with anticholinergic drugs because of decreased GI motility.Do not drive or operate machinery as neostigmine can cause blurred vision or impaired thinking.
- Do not drink alcohol while taking neostigmine as it may worsen the side effects.
- Take precautions while taking neostigmine as over dosage of neostigmine can cause extreme muscle weakness.
Symptoms of OverdosageNEOSTIGMINE over-dosage can result in: Constipation, Difficulty Urinating, Dry Mouth, Eyes Enlarged (dilated) Pupils
Common Side-EffectsNEOSTIGMINE : Diarrhoea, Vision Problems, Head Headache, Dizziness, Abdomen Upset Stomach, Dry Mouth, Difficulty Sleeping, Excessive Mouth Watering, Nausea, Vomit, Abdomen Stomach Cramps, Irregular Heartbeat
Serious Side-EffectsNEOSTIGMINE : Anaphylaxis, Blood Pressure, Low, Respiratory Failure, Asthma, Flatulence, Fainting, Difficulty Breathing, Joint Pain, Frequent Urination, Body Excessive Sweating
Disease InteractionsNEOSTIGMINE can interfere with: Heart Arrhythmias, COPD, Asthma, Parkinsonism, Peptic Ulcer, Seizure
Technical ClassificationNEOSTIGMINE is categorized as:
- CHOLINERGIC MUSCLE STIMULANTS / MISCELLANEOUS AGENTS
- MISCELLANEOUS GENITOURINARY TRACT AGENTS / GENITOURINARY TRACT AGENTS
Available Alternatives for NEOTROY 0.5MG INJ
What are the commonly available Substitutes?
|NEOMINE 0.5MG INJ||INR 7.96 for 1 ML INJECTION||NEOSTIGMINE 0.5 MG|
|NEOTROY 0.5MG INJ||INR 21.7 for 5 ML INJECTION||NEOSTIGMINE 0.5 MG|
|TILSTIGMIN 0.5MG INJ||INR 7.1 for 1 ML INJECTION||NEOSTIGMINE 0.5 MG|
What are the other drugs with similar Ingredients?
|GLYCOPYROLATE AND NEOSTIGMIN 0.5MG/2.5MG INJ||INR 99 for 5 ML INJECTION||NEOSTIGMINE 2.5 MG, GLYCOPYRROLATE 0.5 MG|
|MYO PYROLATE INJ||INR 64.88 for 5 ML INJECTION||NEOSTIGMINE 2.5 MG, GLYCOPYRROLATE 0.5 MG|
|MYOSTIGMIN 0.5MG/ML INJ 1ML||INR 44.5 for 10 INJECTIONS||NEOSTIGMINE 0.5 MG/ML|
|MYOSTIGMIN 2.5MG INJ||INR 23 for 5 ML INJECTION||NEOSTIGMINE 2.5 MG|
|NEOMINE 2.5MG INJ||INR 21.6 for 5 ML INJECTION||NEOSTIGMINE 2.5 MG|
|NEOTAGMIN INJ||INR 21.21 for 5 ML INJECTION||NEOSTIGMINE|
|NEOTROY INJ||INR 9.5 for 1 ML INJECTION||NEOSTIGMINE|
|PYROTROY NEO INJ||INR 59.2 for 5 ML INJECTION||NEOSTIGMINE , GLYCOPYRROLATE|
|STIMIN G 0.5MG/2.5MG INJ||INR 38.07 for 5 ML INJECTION||NEOSTIGMINE 2.5 MG, GLYCOPYRROLATE 0.5 MG|
|TILSTIGMIN 15MG TAB||INR 52.05 for 10 TABLETS||NEOSTIGMINE 15.0 MG|