- 1 Overview
- 2 Usage
- 3 Frequently Asked Questions
- 4 How Do I Take It?
- 5 Precautions for LASILACTONE 50MG TAB and its Constituents
- 6 Symptoms of Overdosage
- 7 Common Side-Effects
- 8 Serious Side-Effects
- 9 Rare Side-Effects
- 10 Disease Interactions
- 11 Technical Classification
- 12 Prescription Statistics
- 12.1 How Frequently is it taken?
- 12.2 What was the Dosage Advised?
- 12.3 Directions with respect to food?
- 12.4 How long was it prescribed?
- 12.5 What is the break-up across patient age-group?
- 12.6 What is the gender-breakup across patients?
- 12.7 What kind of doctors prescribe this medicine?
- 12.8 Most common Medicines advised along-side?
- 12.9 Most common Diagnostic/Lab Tests advised along-side?
- 13 Available Alternatives for LASILACTONE 50MG TAB
- 14 Share this:
- 15 Like this:
- 16 Related Articles
OverviewLASILACTONE 50MG TAB is a Schedule H drug.
LASILACTONE 50MG TAB is composed of: SPIRONOLACTONE (50 MG), FUROSEMIDE (20 MG)
Spironolactone is a potassium-sparing diuretic (water pill) that prevents your body from absorbing too much salt and keeps your potassium levels from getting too low. Spironolactone is used to treat heart failure, high blood pressure (hypertension), or hypokalemia (low potassium levels in the blood)
Spironolactone is also used to diagnose or treat a condition in which you have too much aldosterone in your body. Aldosterone is a hormone produced by your adrenal glands to help regulate the salt and water balance in your body.
Furosemide is a potent loop diuretic (water pill) that prevents your body from absorbing too much salt, allowing the salt to instead be passed in your urine. Furosemide is also used on its own or together with other drugs to treat high blood pressure (hypertension). Furosemide treats fluid retention (edema) in people with congestive heart failure, liver disease, or a kidney disorder such as nephrotic syndrome. This can lessen symptoms such as shortness of breath and swelling in your arms, legs, and abdomen. Furosemide works by blocking the absorption of sodium, chloride, and water from the filtered fluid in the kidney tubules, causing a profound increase in the output of urine (diuresis).
UsageSPIRONOLACTONE is generally used to treat: Heart Failure, Blood Pressure, High, Hypokalemia, Edema, Cirrhosis, Nephrotic Syndrome
FUROSEMIDE is generally used to treat: Edema, Heart Failure, Hypertension, Stroke, Heart Attack
FUROSEMIDE can address symptoms like: Shortness Of Breath, Arms Swelling, Legs Swelling, Abdomen Swelling
Frequently Asked QuestionsQ: Is it safe on my liver?
A: Not Safe
Q: Is it safe on my kidney?
A: Not Safe
Q: Can I take it with alcohol?
A: Not Safe
Q: Is it safe for children?
A: Not Advised for age < 1month
Q: Can it be taken during pregnancy?
A: Not enough studies to prove Risk – Ask your Doctor
Q: Is it safe to take for someone breastfeeding?
A: Generally considered as Safe
How Do I Take It?LASILACTONE 50MG TAB is generally taken With Food.
Precautions for LASILACTONE 50MG TAB and its Constituents
Caution should be exercised in patients with
- If you have any other allergies, this product may contain inactive ingredients, which can cause allergic reactions or other problems.
- If you have diabetes, furosemide may affect your blood sugar. Check your blood sugar regularly as directed and share the results with your doctor.
- Before using this medication, tell your doctor or pharmacist your medical history, especially of kidney problems, liver problems, inability to make urine, gout, lupus.
- Furosemide may reduce the potassium level in your blood. Your doctor may instruct you to add potassium-rich foods to your diet (such as bananas, orange juice)
- This medication may make you more sensitive to the sun. Limit your time in the sun. Avoid tanning booths and sunlamps. Use sunscreen and wear protective clothing when outdoors.
- This drug may make you dizzy or cause blurred vision. Do not drive, use machinery, or do any activity that requires alertness or clear vision until you are sure you can perform such activities safely.
- Babies born early (premature infants) and children may be more sensitive to certain effects of this drug, such as kidney stones.
Symptoms of OverdosageFUROSEMIDE over-dosage can result in: Fainting, Weakness (generalized), Decreased Urination, Increased Thirst, Body Excessive Sweating, Hearing Loss
Common Side-EffectsSPIRONOLACTONE : Diarrhoea, Drowsiness, Dizziness, Lightheadedness, Abdomen Upset Stomach, Nausea, Vomit
FUROSEMIDE : Hypotension, Jaundice, Tinnitus, Pancreatitis, Nausea, Loose Motion, Abdomen Pain, Dizziness
Serious Side-EffectsSPIRONOLACTONE : Increased Thirst, Fatigue (tiredness), Weakness (generalized), Mood Swings, Chest Pain, Abdomen Pain, Eyes Yellow Eyes, Throat Soreness, Easy Bruising, Irregular Heartbeat
FUROSEMIDE : Diarrhoea, Constipation, Face Swelling, Mouth Tingling, Difficulty Breathing, Chest Pain, Shortness Of Breath, Confusion, Weakness (generalized), Dry Mouth, Increased Thirst, Nausea, Vomit, Irregular Heartbeat, Abdomen Pain, Fever, Hearing Loss, Ringing In Ears, Lightheadedness, Dizziness, Fainting, Eyes Yellow Eyes
Rare Side-EffectsSPIRONOLACTONE : Skin Rash, Difficulty Breathing, Head Headache, Body Itching, Face Swelling
FUROSEMIDE : Hypokalemia, Chest Pain, Chills, Cough, Fever, Fatigue (tiredness), Head Headache, Lower Back Pain, Pain With Urination, Shortness Of Breath, Throat Soreness, Tightness, Wheezing, Black (tar) Colored Stools, Loss Of Appetite, Dark Colored (brown) Urine
Disease InteractionsFUROSEMIDE can interfere with: Hypertension, Anuria, Cirrhosis, Lupus Erythematosus, Diabetes Mellitus, Urinary Retention, Acute Gouty Arthritis, Tachycardia
Technical ClassificationSPIRONOLACTONE is categorized as:
- ALDOSTERONE RECEPTOR ANTAGONISTS / CARDIOVASCULAR AGENTS
- POTASSIUM-SPARING DIURETICS / DIURETICS / CARDIOVASCULAR AGENTS
FUROSEMIDE is categorized as: LOOP DIURETICS / DIURETICS / CARDIOVASCULAR AGENTS
Prescription StatisticsFollowing information is taken from treatment plans advised by our doctors. This is Only for informational purpose and you must seek doctor’s advice if you are not well.
How Frequently is it taken?
|2 Times Daily||10%|
|3 Times Daily||5%|
What was the Dosage Advised?
Directions with respect to food?
How long was it prescribed?
What is the break-up across patient age-group?
|5 to 12yrs||1%|
|12 to 18yrs||1%|
|18 to 35yrs||13%|
|35 to 50yrs||23%|
|50 to 60yrs||21%|
|60 to 70yrs||22%|
|70yrs and above||18%|
What is the gender-breakup across patients?
What kind of doctors prescribe this medicine?
|Cardio Thoracic Surgeon||10%|
Most common Medicines advised along-side?
|DOLO TAB 650MG||14%|
|CEFTUM 500MG TAB||11%|
|PAN 40MG TAB||11%|
|ECOSPRIN TAB 75MG||10%|
|A TO Z TAB||10%|
|RABLET 20MG TAB||10%|
Most common Diagnostic/Lab Tests advised along-side?
|SERUM POTASSIUM (SEROLOGY)||29%|
|SERUM SODIUM (SEROLOGY)||28%|
|SERUM CREATININE (SEROLOGY)||15%|
Available Alternatives for LASILACTONE 50MG TAB
What are the commonly available Substitutes?
|ALDOLOC 20MG/50MG TAB||INR 47.02 for 10 TABLETS||SPIRONOLACTONE 50.0 MG, FUROSEMIDE 20.0 MG|
|ALDOSTIX 20MG/50MG TAB||INR 22.75 for 10 TABLETS||SPIRONOLACTONE 50.0 MG, FUROSEMIDE 20.0 MG|
|ALDOSTIX TAB||INR 22.75 for 10 TABLETS||SPIRONOLACTONE 50 MG, FUROSEMIDE 20 MG|
|AMIFRU S 20MG/50MG TAB||INR 27 for 10 TABLETS||SPIRONOLACTONE 50.0 MG, FUROSEMIDE 20.0 MG|
|AQUAMIDE 20MG/50MG TAB||INR 26.82 for 10 TABLETS||SPIRONOLACTONE 50.0 MG, FUROSEMIDE 20.0 MG|
|FRUSELAC 20MG TAB||INR 29.5 for 10 TABLETS||SPIRONOLACTONE 50 MG, FUROSEMIDE 20 MG|
|FRUSELAC TAB||INR 29.5 for 10 TABLETS||SPIRONOLACTONE 50.0 MG, FUROSEMIDE 20.0 MG|
|FRUSIS 20MG/50MG TAB||INR 36 for 10 TABLETS||SPIRONOLACTONE 50.0 MG, FUROSEMIDE 20.0 MG|
|LACTOMIDE 20MG/50MG TAB||INR 24.76 for 10 TABLETS||SPIRONOLACTONE 50.0 MG, FUROSEMIDE 20.0 MG|
|LASILACTONE 50MG TAB||INR 33.32 for 10 TABLETS||SPIRONOLACTONE 50 MG, FUROSEMIDE 20 MG|
|SPIROMIDE TAB||INR 46.2 for 10 TABLETS||SPIRONOLACTONE 50.0 MG, FUROSEMIDE 20.0 MG|
|URECTON PLUS 20MG/50MG TAB||INR 26.49 for 10 TABLETS||SPIRONOLACTONE 50.0 MG, FUROSEMIDE 20.0 MG|
What are the other drugs with similar Ingredients?
|FRULAC SACH||INR 8.63 for 1 GM SACHET||SPIRONOLACTONE , FUROSEMIDE|
|FRUSELAC -DS FC-TAB||INR 31.87 for 10 TABLETS||SPIRONOLACTONE 50 MG, FUROSEMIDE 40 MG|
|FRUSELAC DS TAB||INR 30.5 for 10 TABLETS||SPIRONOLACTONE 50.0 MG, FUROSEMIDE 40.0 MG|
|LACTOMIDE TAB||INR 10.07 for 10 TABLETS||SPIRONOLACTONE , FUROSEMIDE|
|MINILACTONE FC-TAB||INR 19.1 for 10 TABLETS||SPIRONOLACTONE 25 MG, FUROSEMIDE 20 MG|
|MINILACTONE TAB||INR 25.1 for 10 TABLETS||SPIRONOLACTONE 25.0 MG, FUROSEMIDE 20.0 MG|