- 1 Overview
- 2 Usage
- 3 Frequently Asked Questions
- 4 Precautions for HINDER 15 GM CRM and its Constituents
- 5 Common Side-Effects
- 6 Serious Side-Effects
- 7 Rare Side-Effects
- 8 Technical Classification
- 9 Available Alternatives for HINDER 15 GM CRM
- 10 Share this:
- 11 Like this:
- 12 Related Articles
OverviewHINDER 15 GM CRM is a Schedule H drug.
HINDER 15 GM CRM is composed of: EFLORNITHINE (13.9 %W/W)
Eflornithine interferes with a chemical in hair follicles under the skin, which slows hair growth where the medicine is applied.Eflornithine topical is used to reduce unwanted facial hair in women.Eflornithine topical does not permanently remove facial hair or prevent hair growth.Eflornithine stops the activity of a chemical involved in the production of hair on the face. It should not be used for hair on other parts of the body. It blocks a certain natural substance (an enzyme) that is needed for hair growth in the skin.
UsageEFLORNITHINE is generally used to treat: Hypertrichosis, Trypanosomiasis-East African
EFLORNITHINE can address symptoms like: Excessive Body Hair Growth
Frequently Asked QuestionsQ: Is it safe on my liver?
A: Check with your Doctor first
Q: Is it safe on my kidney?
A: Check with your Doctor first
Q: Can I take it with alcohol?
A: Not Safe
Q: Is it safe for children?
A: Ask your doctor
Q: Can it be taken during pregnancy?
A: Not enough studies to prove Risk – Ask your Doctor
Precautions for HINDER 15 GM CRM and its Constituents
- Do not apply eflornithine cream within 5 minutes of using any hair removal technique such as waxing or shaving or on broken or inflamed skin as it may cause irritation.
- Do not wash the affected area within 4 hours of application of the cream.
- Do not apply make-up or sunscreen on the affected area for at least 5 minutes after application of eflornithine cream.
- Apply the cream on freshly cleaned and dried skin as directed by the physician. Keep an interval of 8 hours between each application of cream.
- Avoid contact of the cream with the eyes or nose or any other part of the body other than the intended area.
- Seek immediate medical attention if you experience any discomfort e.g. irritation with use of the eflornithine cream
- Do not discontinue the treatment without consulting your physician as the hair growth may resume after stopping the treatment.
- Donot take if allergic to eflornithine or to any ingredient in the medicine.
- Do not consume if Pregnant or breastfeeding women or women below 18 years of age.
Common Side-EffectsEFLORNITHINE : Acne, Skin Rash, Erythema, Dry Skin, Face Bleeding, Chin Bleeding, Swollen Lips, Hair Loss, Skin Irritation
Serious Side-EffectsEFLORNITHINE : Folliculitis
Rare Side-EffectsEFLORNITHINE : Itchy Skin, Dizziness, Difficulty Breathing, Face Swelling
Technical ClassificationEFLORNITHINE is categorized as: MISCELLANEOUS TOPICAL AGENTS / DERMATOLOGICAL AGENTS / TOPICAL AGENTS
Available Alternatives for HINDER 15 GM CRM
What are the commonly available Substitutes?
|EFLORA CRM||INR 710 for 15 GM CREAM||EFLORNITHINE 13.9 %W/W|
|HINDER 13.9% W/W CRM||INR 600 for 15 GM CREAM||EFLORNITHINE 13.9 %W/W|
|HINDER 15 GM CRM||INR 648 for 1 CREAM||EFLORNITHINE 13.9 %W/W|
What are the other drugs with similar Ingredients?
|EFLORA 13.9% W/W CRM||INR 710 for 15 GM CREAM||EFLORNITHINE 139.0 MG|
|EFNITHIN 13.9% CRM||INR 300 for 10 GM CREAM||EFLORNITHINE 13.9 %|
|ELYN 13.9% CRM||INR 650 for 15 GM CREAM||EFLORNITHINE 13.9 %|
|UPROOT LIQUID||INR 350 for 120 ML LIQUID||EFLORNITHINE|