- 1 Overview
- 2 Usage
- 3 Frequently Asked Questions
- 4 Precautions for FLORAC 500MG INJ and its Constituents
- 5 Symptoms of Overdosage
- 6 Common Side-Effects
- 7 Serious Side-Effects
- 8 Rare Side-Effects
- 9 Disease Interactions
- 10 Technical Classification
- 11 Available Alternatives for FLORAC 500MG INJ
- 12 Share this:
- 13 Like this:
- 14 Related Articles
OverviewFLORAC 500MG INJ is a Schedule H drug.
FLORAC 500MG INJ is composed of: FLUOROURACIL (500.0 MG)
Fluorouracil is used to treat cancer of the colon, rectum, breast, stomach, or pancreas.You should not use this medicine if you have bone marrow depression, a serious infection, or if you are malnourished or are not receiving proper nutrition. Fluorouracil injectable is a prescription medication used to treat certain types of cancer. Fluorouracil cream and topical solution are prescription medications used to treat a skin condition on the face and front part of the scalp known as actinic keratosis (also called solar keratosis). Fluorouracil is in a class of drugs known as antimetabolites. It interferes with DNA and RNA production, causing fast-growing cells to die. Common side effects of fluorouracil injectable include inflammation of the mouth, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, and loss of appetite.
UsageFLUOROURACIL is generally used to treat: Colon Cancer, Rectum Cancer, Breast Cancer, Stomach Cancer, Pancreatic Cancer
Frequently Asked QuestionsQ: Is it safe on my liver?
A: Not Safe
Q: Is it safe on my kidney?
A: Not Safe
Q: Can I take it with alcohol?
A: Not Safe
Q: Is it safe for children?
A: Ask your doctor
Q: Can it be taken during pregnancy?
A: Studies indicate Risk – Doctor advice is must
Precautions for FLORAC 500MG INJ and its Constituents
- Do not use fluorouracil if you are pregnant. It could harm the unborn baby. Use effective birth control, and tell your doctor if you become pregnant during treatment.
- It is not known whether fluorouracil passes into breast milk or if it could harm a nursing baby. You should not breast-feed while using this medicine.
- Before using fluorouracil, tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are allergic to it or to flucytosine or to capecitabine or if you have any other allergies. This product may contain inactive ingredients, which can cause allergic reactions or other problems.
- Before using this medication, tell your doctor or pharmacist your medical history, especially of poor nutrition, decreased bone marrow function/blood cell disorders, a certain enzyme deficiency, a serious infection, liver problems, kidney problems.
- Do not have immunizations/vaccinations without the consent of your doctor, and avoid contact with people who have recently received oral polio vaccine.
- Use caution with sharp objects like safety razors or nail cutters and avoid activities such as contact sports to lower the chance of getting cut, bruised or injured.
- Wash your hands well to prevent the spread of infections.
- This medication may make you more sensitive to the sun. Limit your time in the sun. Avoid tanning booths and sunlamps. Use sunscreen and wear protective clothing when outdoors.
Symptoms of OverdosageFLUOROURACIL over-dosage can result in: Nausea, Vomit, Loose Motion
Common Side-EffectsFLUOROURACIL : Black (tar) Colored Stools, Cough, Fever, Chills, Lower Back Pain, Nausea, Vomit, Abdomen Stomach Cramps, Pain With Urination
Serious Side-EffectsFLUOROURACIL : Loose Motion, Heartburn, Mouth Soreness
Rare Side-EffectsFLUOROURACIL : Blood Or Red Colored Urine, Bloody Or Red Colored Stools, Body Bruising
Disease InteractionsFLUOROURACIL can interfere with: Coronary Artery Disease, Stomatitis
Technical ClassificationFLUOROURACIL is categorized as: ANTIMETABOLITES / ANTINEOPLASTICS
Available Alternatives for FLORAC 500MG INJ
What are the commonly available Substitutes?
|5 FLUCEL 500MG INJ||INR 25 for 10 ML INJECTION||FLUOROURACIL 500.0 MG|
|5FU CBC 500MG INJ||INR 23 for 1 INJECTION||FLUOROURACIL 500.0 MG|
|CHEMOFLURA 500MG INJ||INR 27.5 for 1 INJECTION||FLUOROURACIL 500.0 MG|
|FIVOCIL 500MG INJ||INR 20.77 for 5 ML INJECTION||FLUOROURACIL 500.0 MG|
|FIVOFLU 500MG INJ||INR 23.07 for 10 ML INJECTION||FLUOROURACIL 500.0 MG|
|FLOCIL 500MG INJ||INR 49.9 for 10 ML INJECTION||FLUOROURACIL 500.0 MG|
|FLORAC 500MG INJ||INR 16.25 for 10 ML INJECTION||FLUOROURACIL 500.0 MG|
|FLUONCO 500MG INJ||INR 114.87 for 10 ML INJECTION||FLUOROURACIL 500.0 MG|
|FLURACIL 500MG INJ||INR 24.08 for 10 ML INJECTION||FLUOROURACIL 500.0 MG|
|KUCIL 500MG INJ||INR 20.96 for 10 ML INJECTION||FLUOROURACIL 500.0 MG|
|ONCOFLOUR 500MG INJ||INR 22 for 10 ML INJECTION||FLUOROURACIL 500.0 MG|
What are the other drugs with similar Ingredients?
|5 FLUCEL 250MG INJ||INR 12 for 5 ML INJECTION||FLUOROURACIL 250.0 MG|
|5FU CBC 250MG INJ||INR 23.81 for 1 INJECTION||FLUOROURACIL 250.0 MG|
|CHEMOFLURA 250MG INJ||INR 10.4 for 1 INJECTION||FLUOROURACIL 250.0 MG|
|FIVOCIL 250MG INJ||INR 11.7 for 5 ML INJECTION||FLUOROURACIL 250.0 MG|
|FIVOFLU 250MG INJ||INR 15 for 5 ML INJECTION||FLUOROURACIL 250.0 MG|
|FLOCIL 250MG INJ||INR 29.03 for 5 ML INJECTION||FLUOROURACIL 250.0 MG|
|FLONIDA 1 CRM||INR 78 for 10 GM CREAM||FLUOROURACIL 1 %W/W|
|FLONIDA 1% W/W CRM||INR 78 for 10 GM CREAM||FLUOROURACIL 1.0 %W/W|
|FLONIDA 5% W/W CRM||INR 178 for 10 GM CREAM||FLUOROURACIL 5.0 %W/W|
|FLORAC 250MG INJ||INR 11.07 for 5 ML INJECTION||FLUOROURACIL 250.0 MG|
|FLUO CRM||INR 120.21 for 10 GM CREAM||FLUOROURACIL|
|FLUONCO 250MG INJ||INR 69 for 10 ML INJECTION||FLUOROURACIL 250.0 MG|
|FLURACIL 250MG INJ||INR 12.04 for 5 ML INJECTION||FLUOROURACIL 250.0 MG|
|KUCIL 250MG INJ||INR 12.5 for 5 ML INJECTION||FLUOROURACIL 250.0 MG|
|ONCOFLOUR 250MG INJ||INR 13.5 for 5 ML INJECTION||FLUOROURACIL 250.0 MG|