- 1 Overview
- 2 Usage
- 3 Frequently Asked Questions
- 4 Precautions for APPATOBA 3MG/0.05MG EYE DPS and its Constituents
- 5 Symptoms of Overdosage
- 6 Common Side-Effects
- 7 Serious Side-Effects
- 8 Technical Classification
- 9 Available Alternatives for APPATOBA 3MG/0.05MG EYE DPS
- 10 Share this:
- 11 Like this:
- 12 Related Articles
OverviewAPPATOBA 3MG/0.05MG EYE DPS is a Schedule H1 antibiotic.
APPATOBA 3MG/0.05MG EYE DPS is composed of: TOBRAMYCIN SULFATE (3.0 MG), BENZALKONIUM CHLORIDE (0.05 MG)
Tobramycin is an aminoglycoside antibiotic. Tobramycin fights infections that are caused by bacteria.Tobramycin injection is used to treat bacterial infections of the skin, heart, stomach, brain and spinal cord, lungs, and urinary tract (bladder and kidneys). It is also used in the treatment of cystic fibrosis. Tobramycin injection is sometimes used together with other antibiotics. It stops bacterial growth by preventing synthesis of essential proteins required by bacteria to carry out vital functions.
UsageTOBRAMYCIN SULFATE is generally used to treat: Cystic Fibrosis, Bacterial Infection, Meningitis
TOBRAMYCIN SULFATE can address symptoms like: Cough, Wheezing, Shortness Of Breath, Fatigue (tiredness), Weakness (generalized), Abdomen Pain
Frequently Asked QuestionsQ: Is it safe on my liver?
A: Not Safe
Q: Is it safe on my kidney?
A: Not Safe
Q: Can I take it with alcohol?
A: Not Safe
Q: Is it safe for children?
A: Ask your doctor
Q: Is it safe to take for someone breastfeeding?
A: Not Safe
Precautions for APPATOBA 3MG/0.05MG EYE DPS and its Constituents
- You should not use tobramycin if you are allergic to tobramycin.
- Do not use tobramycin if you are pregnant.
- Follow all directions on your prescription label. Do not use this medicine in larger or smaller amounts or for longer than recommended.
- Tobramycin is inhaled into the lungs with the use of a nebulizer or an inhaler device.
- Do not swallow the medicine by mouth.
- Do not use tobramycin inhalation solution if it looks cloudy or has particles in it.
- Do not use extra medicine to make up the missed dose.
- Do not mix tobramycin solution with dornase alfa in the nebulizer.It may lead to dehydration, drink adequate fluid.
- Avoid long-term use of this medication; otherwise it will cause secondary infection.
- Take full course of treatment and avoid excess dosage.
- Monitor kidney function, hearing tests, blood electrolyte levels regularly while taking this medication.
- Do not use contact lenses when on treatment with tobramycin eye drops.
Symptoms of OverdosageTOBRAMYCIN SULFATE over-dosage can result in: Body Discoloration, Fingers Blue Colored Skin, Dizziness, Drowsiness, Lightheadedness, Slow Or Irregular Breathing, Hallucinations, Spinning Sensation
Common Side-EffectsTOBRAMYCIN SULFATE : Diarrhoea, Skin Rash, Hearing Loss, Cough, Throat Soreness, Hoarse Voice, Noisy Breathing, Decreased Taste, Fever, Head Headache, Runny Nose, Sneezing, Loss Of Voice, Chills, Back Pain, Body Discomfort
Serious Side-EffectsTOBRAMYCIN SULFATE : Hearing Loss, Nosebleeds, Acute Kidney Failure, Colored Sputum, Difficulty Breathing, Chest Pain, Black (tar) Colored Stools, Ringing In Ears, Pain With Urination, Difficulty Urinating, Shortness Of Breath, Chest Discomfort, Easy Bleeding
Technical ClassificationTOBRAMYCIN SULFATE is categorized as:
- AMINOGLYCOSIDES / ANTI-INFECTIVES
- INHALED ANTI-INFECTIVES / RESPIRATORY INHALANT PRODUCTS / RESPIRATORY AGENTS
Available Alternatives for APPATOBA 3MG/0.05MG EYE DPS
What are the commonly available Substitutes?
|APPATOBA 3MG/0.05MG EYE DPS||INR 34.5 for 5 ML EYE DROP||TOBRAMYCIN SULFATE 3.0 MG, BENZALKONIUM CHLORIDE 0.05 MG|
What are the other drugs with similar Ingredients?
|FROMELON EYE DPS||INR 66 for 5 ML EYE DROP||TOBRAMYCIN SULFATE 0.3 %W/V, FLUOROMETHOLONE 0.1 %W/V, BENZALKONIUM CHLORIDE 0.2 %W/V|
|FROMELON T EYE DPS||INR 99 for 5 ML EYE DROP||TOBRAMYCIN SULFATE 0.3 %W/V, FLUOROMETHOLONE 0.1 %W/V, BENZALKONIUM CHLORIDE 0.2 %W/V|
|REBREX EYE DPS||INR 42.86 for 5 ML EYE DROP||TOBRAMYCIN SULFATE 0.3 %W/V, BENZALKONIUM CHLORIDE 0.005 %W/V|
|REBREX EYE OINT||INR 60 for 5 GM EYE OINTMENT||TOBRAMYCIN SULFATE 0.3 %W/V, BENZALKONIUM CHLORIDE 0.005 %W/V|
|REBREX F EYE DPS||INR 77.13 for 5 ML EYE DROP||BENZALKONIUM CHLORIDE 0.02 %W/V, FLUOROMETHOLONE 0.1 %W/V, TOBRAMYCIN SULFATE 0.3 %W/V|
|SAPTOB EYE DPS||INR 55 for 5 ML DROP||BENZALKONIUM CHLORIDE 0.02 %V/V, TOBRAMYCIN SULFATE 0.3 %W/W|
|SAPTOP F EYE DPS||INR 85 for 5 ML EYE DROP||BENZALKONIUM CHLORIDE 0.02 %W/V, FLUOROMETHOLONE 0.1 %W/V, TOBRAMYCIN SULFATE 0.3 %W/V|