- 1 Overview
- 2 Usage
- 3 Frequently Asked Questions
- 4 How Do I Take It?
- 5 Precautions for ANSET O TAB and its Constituents
- 6 Symptoms of Overdosage
- 7 Common Side-Effects
- 8 Serious Side-Effects
- 9 Rare Side-Effects
- 10 Disease Interactions
- 11 Technical Classification
- 12 Available Alternatives for ANSET O TAB
- 13 Share this:
- 14 Like this:
- 15 Related Articles
OverviewANSET O TAB is an Over-the-counter (OTC) drug.
ANSET O TAB is composed of: OMEPRAZOLE SODIUM ( ), ONDANSETRON HYDROCHLORIDE ( )
Omeprazole is a proton pump inhibitor that decreases the amount of acid produced in the stomach. Omeprazole is used to treat symptoms of gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) and other conditions caused by excess stomach acid. It is also used to promote healing of erosive esophagitis (damage to your esophagus caused by stomach acid). Omeprazole may also be given together with antibiotics to treat gastric ulcer caused by infection with helicobacter pylori (H. pylori).
Ondansetron is a 5-HT3 receptor antagonist, prescribed for nausea and vomiting caused by cancer chemotherapy, radiation therapy and surgery. It blocks serotonin receptors in the vomiting center and on nerves supplying the digestive system. This medication comes in several oral forms tablets, orally disintegrating (dissolving) tablets, an oral soluble film, and solution (liquid). Ondansetron is also available in an injectable form to be given directly into a vein (IV) by a healthcare professional.
UsageOMEPRAZOLE SODIUM is generally used to treat: GERD, H. Pylori Infection, Ulcer, Gastric
OMEPRAZOLE SODIUM can address symptoms like: Heartburn, Cough, Difficulty Swallowing
ONDANSETRON HYDROCHLORIDE is generally used to treat: Cancer
ONDANSETRON HYDROCHLORIDE can address symptoms like: Nausea, Vomit
Frequently Asked QuestionsQ: Is it safe on my liver?
A: Not Safe
Q: Is it safe on my kidney?
A: Not Safe
Q: Can I take it with alcohol?
A: Not Safe
Q: Is it safe for children?
A: Not Advised for age < 9yrs
Q: Can it be taken during pregnancy?
A: Not enough studies to prove Risk – Ask your Doctor
Q: Is it safe to take for someone breastfeeding?
A: Not Safe
How Do I Take It?ANSET O TAB is generally taken Before Food.
Precautions for ANSET O TAB and its Constituents
- It may cause drowsiness or dizziness, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
- Before taking omeprazole, tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are allergic to it or to similar drugs (such as esomeprazole, lansoprazole, pantoprazole) or if you have any other allergies.
- Before using this medication, tell your doctor or pharmacist your medical history, especially of liver disease, lupus.
- Proton pump inhibitors (such as omeprazole) may increase your risk for bone fractures, especially with longer use, higher doses, and in older adults. Talk with your doctor or pharmacist about ways to prevent bone loss/fracture, such as by taking calcium (such as calcium citrate) and vitamin D supplements.
- Children may be more sensitive to the side effects of this drug, especially fever, cough, and infections of the nose/throat/airways.
- Before having surgery, tell your doctor or dentist about all the products you use (including prescription drugs, nonprescription drugs, and herbal products).
- During pregnancy, this medication should be used only when clearly needed. Discuss the risks and benefits with your doctor.
This medication passes into breast milk. The effects on a nursing infant are unknown.
- Before taking ondansetron, tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are allergic to it or to other serotonin blockers or if you have any other allergies. This product may contain inactive ingredients, which can cause allergic reactions or other problems.
- Before using this medication, tell your doctor or pharmacist your medical history, especially of irregular heartbeat, liver disease, stomach/intestinal problems.
- Ondansetron may cause a condition that affects the heart rhythm (QT prolongation). QT prolongation can rarely cause serious (rarely fatal) fast/irregular heartbeat and other symptoms (such as severe dizziness, fainting) that need medical attention right away.
- Low levels of potassium or magnesium in the blood may also increase your risk of QT prolongation. This risk may increase if you use certain drugs (such as diuretics/"water pills") or if you have conditions such as severe sweating, diarrhea, or vomiting.
- This drug may make you dizzy or drowsy. Alcohol or marijuana can make you more dizzy or drowsy. Do not drive, use machinery, or do anything that needs alertness until you can do it safely. Limit alcoholic beverages.
- This medication should be used only when clearly needed during pregnancy. Discuss the risks and benefits with your doctor.
- It is not known whether this drug passes into breast milk. Consult your doctor before breast-feeding.
Symptoms of OverdosageOMEPRAZOLE SODIUM over-dosage can result in: Confusion, Body Excessive Sweating, Eyes Blurred Vision
Common Side-EffectsONDANSETRON HYDROCHLORIDE : Confusion, Dizziness, Fever, Head Headache, Weakness (generalized), Decreased Urination, Pain With Urination
Serious Side-EffectsOMEPRAZOLE SODIUM : Blood Or Red Colored Urine
ONDANSETRON HYDROCHLORIDE : Irregular Heartbeat, Difficulty Breathing, Shortness Of Breath, Rapid Heart Rate (pulse)
Rare Side-EffectsOMEPRAZOLE SODIUM : Skin Rash, Back Pain, Legs Pain, Abdomen Pain, Lips Ulcer, Chills, Difficulty Urinating, Pain With Urination, Fever, Frequent Urination, Loss Of Appetite, Pale Skin, Throat Soreness, Fatigue (tiredness), Weakness (generalized)
ONDANSETRON HYDROCHLORIDE : Skin Rash, Hives, Arms Pain, Jaws Pain, Convulsions, Cough, Difficulty Swallowing, Dry Mouth, Increased Thirst, Mood Swings, Vomit, Nausea, Noisy Breathing, Body Excessive Sweating, Wheezing
Disease InteractionsONDANSETRON HYDROCHLORIDE can interfere with: Hypokalemia, Congestive Heart Disease, Heart Arrhythmias, Acute Liver Failure
Technical ClassificationOMEPRAZOLE SODIUM is categorized as: PROTON PUMP INHIBITORS / GASTROINTESTINAL AGENTS
ONDANSETRON HYDROCHLORIDE is categorized as: 5HT3 RECEPTOR ANTAGONISTS / ANTIEMETIC/ANTIVERTIGO AGENTS / CENTRAL NERVOUS SYSTEM AGENTS
Available Alternatives for ANSET O TAB
What are the commonly available Substitutes?
|ANSET O TAB||INR 55 for 10 TABLETS||OMEPRAZOLE SODIUM , ONDANSETRON HYDROCHLORIDE|
|VOMER O TAB||INR 46 for 10 TABLETS||OMEPRAZOLE SODIUM , ONDANSETRON HYDROCHLORIDE|
What are the other drugs with similar Ingredients?
|DORAN O 4MG/10MG TAB||INR 58.04 for 10 TABLETS||OMEPRAZOLE SODIUM 10.0 MG, ONDANSETRON HYDROCHLORIDE 4.0 MG|