Prevention TipsGet vaccinated with Bacille Calmette-Guerin (BCG) vaccine, this is effective in children but not in adults.
- Stop smoking as it highly infects lungs by which the disease can become severe
- Use protective measures like face masks to cover while speaking to an infected person.
- Avoid drinking alcohol during treatment as alcohol can increase side effects and drug toxicity.
- A person infected with TB should stay at home and take rest until he gets completely recovered from infection.
- Tuberculosis germs spread more easily in small closed spaces where air does not move, ventilate the room properly
- Maintain proper hygienic conditions
- Follow the medication properly as prescribed by the doctor
- Eat healthy nutritious food and exercise regularly to stay physically active.
- Do not spend long periods of time in enclosed rooms with anyone who has active TB until that person has been treated for at least 2 weeks.
Watch OutBreathing difficulty
When to See Doctor
- Cough with bloody mucus
- High fever along with chills
- Blurred vision
- Severe cough with bloody mucus
- Feeling extremely fatigue and weak
- Fever and chills
- Shortness in breath
- Pain in chest while breathing