- 1 Overview
- 2 Usage
- 3 Frequently Asked Questions
- 4 Precautions
- 5 Symptoms of Overdosage
- 6 Common Side-Effects
- 7 Serious Side-Effects
- 8 Rare Side-Effects
- 9 Food Interactions
- 10 Disease Interactions
- 11 Technical Classification
- 12 Storage Conditions
- 13 Available Alternatives
- 14 Share this:
- 15 Like this:
- 16 Related Articles
OverviewDALTEPARIN is a Schedule H drug.
UsageDALTEPARIN is generally used to treat: Deep Vein Thrombosis, Heart Attack, Pulmonary Embolism
Frequently Asked QuestionsQ: Is it safe on my liver?
A: Not Safe
Q: Is it safe on my kidney?
A: Check with your Doctor first
Q: Can I take it with alcohol?
A: Not Safe
Q: Is it safe for children?
A: Not Advised for age < 18yrs
Q: Can it be taken during pregnancy?
A: Not enough studies to prove Risk – Ask your Doctor
Q: Is it safe to take for someone breastfeeding?
A: Not Safe
- For best results, take Dalteparin at the same time every day.
- Dalteparin should be injected under the skin of the abdomen.
- Dalteparin increases your risk of bleeding. Be careful while shaving, cutting fingernails or toenails, or using sharp objects. Does not require regular blood tests.
- Notify your doctor if there is bleeding from gums, nose, or wounds that last more than 15 minutes, or if blood appears in urine, stool or vomit.
- Do not discontinue use without consulting your doctor.
- You should not use this medicine if you have active bleeding, or a low level of platelets in your blood after testing positive for a certain antibody while using dalteparin.You should not use this medicine if you are allergic to dalteparin, heparinFollow all directions on your prescription label. Do not use this medicine in larger or smaller amounts or for longer than recommended.
- Dalteparin is injected under the skin. You may be shown how to use injections at home. Do not give yourself this medicine if you do not understand how to use the injection and properly dispose of used needles and syringes.
- Do not mix dalteparin with other medications in the same syringe unless your doctor tells you to.
Symptoms of OverdosageDALTEPARIN over-dosage can result in: Difficulty Breathing
Common Side-EffectsDALTEPARIN : Nosebleeds, Dizziness, Breathlessness, Paralysis, Cough, Gums Bleeding, Difficulty Breathing, Nausea, Vomit, Bloody Or Red Colored Stools, Weakness (generalized), Dark Colored (brown) Urine, Chest Discomfort, Vaginal Bleeding Between Periods
Serious Side-EffectsDALTEPARIN : Fainting, Seizure, Vision Problems
Rare Side-EffectsDALTEPARIN : Skin Rash, Itchy Skin, Hives, Chest Pain, Back Pain, Legs Weakness, Fever, Face Swelling, Fainting
Food InteractionsNo content
Disease InteractionsDALTEPARIN can interfere with: Hemophilia, Peptic Ulcer, Thrombocytopenia, Hypertension, Premature Aging
Technical ClassificationDALTEPARIN is categorized as: HEPARINS / ANTICOAGULANTS / COAGULATION MODIFIERS
Storage ConditionsRoom Temperature (Between 15 To 25 C)
Common Drugs with DALTEPARIN as Ingredient
|DALPIN 2500IU INJ||DALTEPARIN 2500.0 IU|
|DALPIN 5000IU INJ||DALTEPARIN 5000.0 IU|
|DALTEHEP 10000IU INJ||DALTEPARIN 10000.0 IU|
|DALTEHEP 2500IU INJ||DALTEPARIN 2500.0 IU|
|DALTEHEP 5000IU INJ||DALTEPARIN 5000.0 IU|
|DALTEPIN 10000IU INJ||DALTEPARIN 10000.0 IU|
|DALTEPIN 2500IU INJ||DALTEPARIN 2500.0 IU|
|DALTEPIN 5000IU INJ||DALTEPARIN 5000.0 IU|
|FRAGMIN 10000 IU INJ||DALTEPARIN 10000.0 IU|
|FRAGMIN 10000IU PREFILLED SYPINGE||DALTEPARIN 10000.0 IU|
|FRAGMIN 2500 IU PREFILLED SYPINGE||DALTEPARIN 2500.0 IU|
|FRAGMIN 5000 IU PREFILLED SYPINGE||DALTEPARIN 5000.0 IU|
|FRAGMIN INJ||DALTEPARIN 10000 IU|
|FRAGMIN PFS 2500IU||DALTEPARIN 2500 IU|
|FRAGMIN PFS 5000IU||DALTEPARIN 5000 IU|