- 1 Overview
- 2 Usage
- 3 Frequently Asked Questions
- 4 How Do I Take It?
- 5 Precautions
- 6 Common Side-Effects
- 7 Serious Side-Effects
- 8 Rare Side-Effects
- 9 Disease Interactions
- 10 Technical Classification
- 11 Storage Conditions
- 12 Available Alternatives
- 13 Share this:
- 14 Like this:
- 15 Related Articles
OverviewLEUPROLIDE ACETATE is a Schedule G drug.
Leuprolide overstimulates the body’s own production of certain hormones, which causes that production to shut down temporarily. Leuprolide reduces the amount of testosterone in men or estrogen in women.Leuprolide treats anemia, a disease of the uterus called endometriosis, and prostate cancer. It is expected to cause your menstrual periods to stop, contact your doctor if your periods continue.It is also used to reduce the thickness of the endometrium of the uterus in preparation for surgery.
UsageLEUPROLIDE ACETATE is generally used to treat: Prostate Cancer, Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids, Precocious Puberty
LEUPROLIDE ACETATE can address symptoms like: Pain With Urination, Difficulty Urinating
Frequently Asked QuestionsQ: Is it safe on my liver?
A: Not Safe
Q: Is it safe on my kidney?
A: Check with your Doctor first
Q: Can I take it with alcohol?
A: Not Safe
Q: Is it safe for children?
A: Not Advised for age < 2yrs
Q: Can it be taken during pregnancy?
A: Dangerous – Studies indicate Human-Fetal Risk
How Do I Take It?Route of Administration: IM (Intra-Mascular)
- Certain brands or strengths of leuprolide are only for men and should not be used by women or children.
- Do not use if you are pregnant.
- You should not use leuprolide if you are allergic to leuprolide.
- Do not give this medicine to any child without medical advice.
- Follow all directions on your prescription label and read all medication guides or instruction sheets.
- Use the medicine exactly as directed.Leuprolide is injected under the skin or into a muscle, once every month or once every 3 to 6 months.
- leuprolide can pass into body fluids (urine, feces, vomit). For at least 48 hours after you receive a dose, avoid allowing your body fluids to come into contact with your hands or other surfaces.
- Caregivers should wear rubber gloves while cleaning up a patient’s body fluids, handling contaminated trash or laundry or changing diapers.
- Wash hands before and after removing gloves. Wash soiled clothing and linens separately from other laundry.Do not take leuprorelin, if you have urinary obstruction, spinal cord compression, history of pituitary gland tumors or osteoporosis.
- Regularly monitor your blood sugar levels if you are diabetic and being treated with leuprorelin as, there may be an increase in blood sugar levels.
Common Side-EffectsLEUPROLIDE ACETATE : ED (Erectile Dysfunction), Diarrhoea, Constipation, Hot Flashes, Body Excessive Sweating, Mood Swings, Head Headache, Body Pain, Vagina Discharge Or Mucus, Weight Gain, Redness, Dizziness, Irregular Heartbeat, Joint Pain, Nervousness, Nausea, Pale Skin, Fatigue (tiredness), Feet Swelling, Easy Bleeding, Difficulty Sleeping, Vagina Bleeding, No Menstrual Periods, Pelvis Pain, Vaginal Dryness, Back Pain, Chills, Cough, Fever, Throat Soreness, Runny Nose, Body Discomfort, Unable To Obtain Or Maintain Erection
Serious Side-EffectsLEUPROLIDE ACETATE : Muscle Pain, Depression, Vision Problems, Arms Pain, Blood Or Red Colored Urine, Eyes Blurred Vision, Chest Pain, Pain With Urination, Difficulty Urinating, Body Loss Of Movement, Frequent Urge To Urinate, Frequent Nighttime Urination, Muscle Stiffness, Rapid Heart Rate (pulse), Difficulty Breathing, Easy Bleeding, Loss Of Appetite
Rare Side-EffectsLEUPROLIDE ACETATE : Skin Rash, Itchy Skin, Fainting, Slow Or Irregular Breathing, Hands Numbness, Eyes Swelling, Chest Discomfort, Groin Pain, Legs Pain, Excessive Body Hair Growth, Depressed Mood, Vagina Bleeding
Disease InteractionsLEUPROLIDE ACETATE can interfere with: Diabetes Mellitus, Long QT Syndrome, Congestive Heart Disease, Seizure
Technical ClassificationLEUPROLIDE ACETATE is categorized as:
- HORMONES/ANTINEOPLASTICS / ANTINEOPLASTICS
- GONADOTROPIN RELEASING HORMONES / SEX HORMONES / HORMONES
Storage ConditionsRoom Temperature (Between 15 To 25 C)
Common Drugs with LEUPROLIDE ACETATE as Ingredient
|LUPRIDE 1MG X 1ML AMP||LEUPROLIDE ACETATE 1 MG/ML|
|LUPRIDE DEPOT 11.25MG VIAL||LEUPROLIDE ACETATE 11.25 MG|
|LUPRIDE DEPOT 22.50MG VIAL||LEUPROLIDE ACETATE 22.5 MG|
|LUPRIDE DEPOT 3.75MG VIAL||LEUPROLIDE ACETATE 3.75 MG|
|LUPRODEX DEPOTT 3.75MG INJ||LEUPROLIDE ACETATE 3.75 MG|