- 1 Overview
- 2 Usage
- 3 Frequently Asked Questions
- 4 How Do I Take It?
- 5 Precautions
- 6 Symptoms of Overdosage
- 7 Common Side-Effects
- 8 Serious Side-Effects
- 9 Rare Side-Effects
- 10 Technical Classification
- 11 Storage Conditions
- 12 Available Alternatives
- 13 Share this:
- 14 Like this:
- 15 Related Articles
OverviewBLEOMYCIN is a Schedule H antibiotic.
Bleomycin is a cancer medicine that interferes with the growth and spread of cancer cells in the body. It is used for the treatment of skin, oral cavity, head and neck cancer. Bleomycin is also used to treat Hodgkin’s disease and non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma, testicular cancer and malignant pleural effusion.
UsageBLEOMYCIN is generally used to treat: Squamous Cell Carcinoma, Melanoma, Testicular Cancer, Ovarian Cancer, Hodgkin’s Disease, Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma
Frequently Asked QuestionsQ: Is it safe on my liver?
A: Not Safe
Q: Is it safe on my kidney?
A: Not Safe
Q: Is it safe for children?
A: Not Advised for age < 3yrs
Q: Can it be taken during pregnancy?
A: Studies indicate Risk – Doctor advice is must
Q: Is it safe to take for someone breastfeeding?
A: Not Safe
How Do I Take It?Route of Administration: IV (Intravenous),
- Before starting Bleomycin treatment, make sure you tell your doctor about any other medications you are taking. Do not take aspirin, products containing aspirin unless your doctor specifically permits this.
- Do not receive any kind of immunization or vaccination without your doctor’s approval while taking Bleomycin
- If you are having surgery, including dental surgery, tell the doctor or dentist that you are receiving Bleomycin.
- Inform your health care professional if you are pregnant or may be pregnant prior to starting this treatment and do not breast feed while taking Bleomycin.
Symptoms of OverdosageBLEOMYCIN over-dosage can result in: Skin Irritation, Hair Loss, Mouth Soreness, Tongue Soreness, Difficulty Breathing
Common Side-EffectsBLEOMYCIN : Pneumonia, Fibrosis, Fever, Chills, Hair Loss
Serious Side-EffectsBLEOMYCIN : Hypotension, Stroke, Heart Attack, Scleroderma, Confusion, Wheezing, Chest Pain, Head Headache, Dizziness, Face Numbness, Legs Numbness, Arms Numbness
Rare Side-EffectsBLEOMYCIN : Nausea, Vomit, Weight Loss (unintentional), Decreased Appetite, Mouth Soreness
Technical ClassificationBLEOMYCIN is categorized as: ANTIBIOTICS/ANTINEOPLASTICS / ANTINEOPLASTICS
Storage ConditionsRoom Temperature (Between 15 To 25 C)
Common Drugs with BLEOMYCIN as Ingredient
|BLEOCEL 15IU INJ||BLEOMYCIN 15.0 IU|
|BLEOCHEM 15IU INJ||BLEOMYCIN 15.0 IU|
|BLEOCHEM INJ||BLEOMYCIN 15 IU|
|BLEOCIN 15MG INJ||BLEOMYCIN 15.0 MG|
|BLEOCIP 15IU INJ||BLEOMYCIN 15.0 IU|
|BLEOMYCIN 15MG INJ||BLEOMYCIN 15.0 MG|
|BLEOMYCIN SULPHATE INJ||BLEOMYCIN|
|BLOMIN 15IU INJ||BLEOMYCIN 15.0 IU|
|ONCOBLEO 15IU INJ||BLEOMYCIN 15.0 IU|
|TUMOCIN 15MG INJ||BLEOMYCIN 15.0 MG|