- 1 Overview
- 2 Usage
- 3 Frequently Asked Questions
- 4 How Do I Take It?
- 5 Precautions for VITAMIX DPS and its Constituents
- 6 Symptoms of Overdosage
- 7 Common Side-Effects
- 8 Serious Side-Effects
- 9 Rare Side-Effects
- 10 Technical Classification
- 11 Available Alternatives for VITAMIX DPS
- 12 Share this:
- 13 Like this:
- 14 Related Articles
OverviewVITAMIX DPS is a Schedule H drug.
VITAMIX DPS is composed of: VITAMIN A (3000 IU), VIT D3 CHOLECALCIFEROL (400 IU), ASCORBIC ACID (40 MG), NICOTINAMIDE (10.5 MG), ALPHA TOCOPHEROL ACETATE (8.76 IU/ML), D-PANTHENOL (3 MG), THIAMINE (2 MG), PYRIDOXINE (1 MG), RIBOFLAVIN (1 MG)
Ascorbic acid is used to treat and prevent vitamin C deficiency. Ascorbic acid (vitamin C) occurs naturally in foods such as citrus fruit, tomatoes, potatoes, and leafy vegetables. Vitamin C is important for bones and connective tissues, muscles, and blood vessels. Vitamin C also helps the body absorb iron, which is needed for red blood cell production.
Pyridoxine is vitamin B6. Vitamins occur naturally in foods such as meat, poultry, nuts, whole grains, bananas, and avocados. Vitamin B6 is important for many processes in the body.Pyridoxine injection is also used to treat some types of seizure in babies.Pyridoxine taken by mouth (oral) is available without a prescription. Injectable pyridoxine must be given by a healthcare professional. It is important for the breakdown of protein, fats, and carbohydrates from foods.
Riboflavin is vitamin B2. Vitamins are naturally occurring substances necessary for many processes in the body. Riboflavin is important in the maintenance of many tissues of the body.
Riboflavin is a water-soluble Vitamin from the B Complex group of vitamins which plays a vital role in energy production, cell function, and body metabolism.
UsageASCORBIC ACID is generally used to treat: Common Cold, Methaemoglobinaemia, Scurvy, Tyrosinemia, Vitamin C Deficiency, Glaucoma, Constipation, Asthma, Bronchitis, Cystic Fibrosis, Infertility, Diabetes Mellitus, Arthritis, Osteoporosis
PYRIDOXINE is generally used to treat: Vitamin B 6 Deficiency, Pediatric Febrile Seizures
RIBOFLAVIN is generally used to treat: Riboflavin Deficiency, Migraine, Muscle Cramp, Acne, Blood Pressure, High, Glaucoma, Alzheimer’s Disease, Sickle Cell Anemia
RIBOFLAVIN can address symptoms like: Memory Problems
Frequently Asked QuestionsQ: Is it safe on my liver?
A: Check with your Doctor first
Q: Is it safe on my kidney?
A: Check with your Doctor first
Q: Can I take it with alcohol?
A: Not Safe
Q: Is it safe for children?
A: Not Advised for age < 1month
Q: Can it be taken during pregnancy?
A: Not enough studies to prove Risk – Ask your Doctor
Q: Is it safe to take for someone breastfeeding?
A: Not Safe
How Do I Take It?VITAMIX DPS is generally taken With Food.
Precautions for VITAMIX DPS and its Constituents
- Drink plenty of liquids while you are taking ascorbic acid.
- The chewable tablet must be chewed before you swallow it.
- Ascorbic acid gum may be chewed as long as desired and then thrown away.
- Do not crush, chew, or break an extended-release tablet. Swallow it whole.
- Measure liquid medicine with a special dose-measuring spoon or medicine cup. If you do not have a dose-measuring device, ask your pharmacist for one.
- Caution should be exercised in patients with history of diabetes, glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency, high iron level in the blood, anemia, any allergy, who are taking other medications, during pregnancy and breast-feeding.
- You should not use pyridoxine if you have ever had an allergic reaction to it.
- Do not give this medicine to a child without medical advice.
- Follow all directions on your prescription label.
- Do not use this medicine in larger or smaller amounts or for longer than recommended.
- Do not Use extra medicine to make up the missed dose.
- Follow your doctor’s instructions about any restrictions on food, beverages, or activity.
- You should not use this medication if your allergic to it.
- Use exactly as directed on the label, or as prescribed by your doctor. Do not use in larger or smaller amounts or for longer than recommended.
- The recommended dietary allowance of riboflavin increases with age.
- Follow your healthcare provider’s instructions.
- Do not use extra medicine to make up the missed dose.Hypersensitivity may rarely occur in parenteral injections.
Symptoms of OverdosagePYRIDOXINE over-dosage can result in: Hands Numbness, Feet Numbness
RIBOFLAVIN over-dosage can result in: Loose Motion, Frequent Urination
Common Side-EffectsPYRIDOXINE : Nausea, Head Headache, Drowsiness, Abdomen Upset Stomach, Body Burning Sensation, Tightness
RIBOFLAVIN : Hives, Dark Colored (brown) Urine
Serious Side-EffectsRIBOFLAVIN : Face Swelling, Swollen Lips, Swollen Tongue, Difficulty Breathing
Rare Side-EffectsASCORBIC ACID : Loose Motion, Nausea, Vomit
Technical ClassificationASCORBIC ACID is categorized as: VITAMINS / NUTRITIONAL PRODUCTS
PYRIDOXINE is categorized as: VITAMINS / NUTRITIONAL PRODUCTS
RIBOFLAVIN is categorized as: VITAMINS / NUTRITIONAL PRODUCTS
Available Alternatives for VITAMIX DPS
What are the commonly available Substitutes?
|VITAMIX DPS||INR 49.5 for 30 ML DROPS||VITAMIN A 3000 IU, VIT D3 CHOLECALCIFEROL 400 IU, ASCORBIC ACID 40 MG, NICOTINAMIDE 10.5 MG, ALPHA TOCOPHEROL ACETATE 8.76 IU/ML, D-PANTHENOL 3 MG, THIAMINE 2 MG, PYRIDOXINE 1 MG, RIBOFLAVIN 1 MG|