- 1 Overview
- 2 Usage
- 3 Frequently Asked Questions
- 4 Precautions for TROYDOCA 30MG INJ and its Constituents
- 5 Symptoms of Overdosage
- 6 Common Side-Effects
- 7 Serious Side-Effects
- 8 Disease Interactions
- 9 Technical Classification
- 10 Available Alternatives for TROYDOCA 30MG INJ
- 11 Share this:
- 12 Like this:
- 13 Related Articles
OverviewTROYDOCA 30MG INJ is a Schedule H drug.
TROYDOCA 30MG INJ is composed of: POLIDOCANOL (30.0 MG)
Laureth-9 is a sclerosing agent. It works by increasing the formation of blood clots and scar tissue inside certain types of veins. This helps decrease dilation of enlarged veins.This medication is a local anaesthetic and antipruritic agent, prescribed for small varicose veins. It works by damaging the cell lining of blood vessels. It locally damages the endothelium of blood vessels, leading to platelets aggregation, thereby leading to formation of blood clots as well as scar tissue which in turn reduces the lumen of some enlarged veins.
UsagePOLIDOCANOL is generally used to treat: Varicose Veins
POLIDOCANOL can address symptoms like: Feet Swelling, Legs Swelling, Ankles Swelling, Legs Pain, Body Discoloration
Frequently Asked QuestionsQ: Is it safe on my liver?
A: Check with your Doctor first
Q: Is it safe on my kidney?
A: Check with your Doctor first
Q: Can I take it with alcohol?
A: Not Safe
Q: Is it safe for children?
A: Not Advised for age < 18yrs
Q: Can it be taken during pregnancy?
A: Not enough studies to prove Risk – Ask your Doctor
Precautions for TROYDOCA 30MG INJ and its Constituents
- You should not receive this medication if you have a blood clot disorder such as deep vein thrombosis.
- You should not receive laureth-9 if you are allergic to laureth-9, lauromacrogol 400, or polidocanol,Laureth-9 is injected with a small needle directly into a varicose or spider vein. You will receive this injection in a clinic or hospital setting.
- The number of injections you receive will depend on the number of spider or varicose veins being treated.
- Avoid heavy or strenuous exercise for 2 or 3 days after your treatment.
- Also avoid sitting for long periods of time, such as long-distance travel in a car or on an airplane.Also avoid exposure to sunlight, tanning beds, hot tubs, or saunas for 2 or 3 days after your treatment.
- Do not use ice or a heating pad on your treated leg without your doctor’s advice.
- It may cause dizziness or lightheadedness, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
Symptoms of OverdosagePOLIDOCANOL over-dosage can result in: Body Burn, Body Discoloration
Common Side-EffectsPOLIDOCANOL : Thrombophlebitis, Anaphylaxis, Venous Thrombosis, Head Headache, Dizziness, Excessive Body Hair Growth, Legs Pain, Body Discoloration, Body Bleeding, Body Itching, Body Pain, Redness
Serious Side-EffectsPOLIDOCANOL : Difficulty Breathing, Chest Pain, Chest Discomfort, Throat Tightness, Slow Heart Rate (pulse), Confusion, Slurred Speech, Eyes Blurred Vision
Disease InteractionsPOLIDOCANOL can interfere with: Thromboembolism
Technical ClassificationPOLIDOCANOL is categorized as: SCLEROSING AGENTS / CARDIOVASCULAR AGENTS
Available Alternatives for TROYDOCA 30MG INJ
What are the commonly available Substitutes?
|TROYDOCA 30MG INJ||INR 100.67 for 2 ML INJECTION||POLIDOCANOL 30.0 MG|
What are the other drugs with similar Ingredients?
|ASKLEROL 3% W/V INJ||INR 92 for 2 ML INJECTION||POLIDOCANOL 3.0 %W/V|