- 1 Overview
- 2 Usage
- 3 Frequently Asked Questions
- 4 How Do I Take It?
- 5 Precautions for TRI CARDACE 5MG/10MG/5MG KIT and its Constituents
- 6 Symptoms of Overdosage
- 7 Common Side-Effects
- 8 Serious Side-Effects
- 9 Rare Side-Effects
- 10 Food Interactions
- 11 Disease Interactions
- 12 Technical Classification
- 13 Available Alternatives for TRI CARDACE 5MG/10MG/5MG KIT
- 14 Share this:
- 15 Like this:
- 16 Related Articles
OverviewTRI CARDACE 5MG/10MG/5MG KIT is a Schedule H drug.
TRI CARDACE 5MG/10MG/5MG KIT is composed of: ATORVASTATIN (10.0 MG), AMLODIPINE (5.0 MG), RAMIPRIL (5.0 MG)
Atorvastatin (Lipitor) is a member of the drug class known as statins. It is used for lowering cholesterol. Atorvastatin is a competitive inhibitor of
Amlodipine is an Calcium channel blocker that dilates blood vessels and improves blood flow.
Amlodipine is used to treat chest pain.
Ramipril is an ACE inhibitor. ACE stands for angiotensin converting enzyme.Ramipril is used to treat high blood pressure (hypertension) or congestive heart failure, and to improve survival after a heart attack.It works by reducing stress on the heart and relaxing blood vessel so that blood flows more smoothly and the heart can pump blood more efficiently.
UsageATORVASTATIN is generally used to treat: High Cholesterol, Heart Attack, Coronary Artery Disease, Diabetes Type 2
AMLODIPINE is generally used to treat: Hypertension, Coronary Artery Disease
AMLODIPINE can address symptoms like: Chest Pain
RAMIPRIL is generally used to treat: Congestive Heart Disease, Hypertension
RAMIPRIL can address symptoms like: Chest Pain, Irregular Heartbeat, Fever, Head Headache, Dizziness, Ankles Swelling, Legs Swelling, Shortness Of Breath, Difficulty Breathing, Rapid Heart Rate (pulse)
Frequently Asked QuestionsQ: Is it safe on my liver?
A: Not Safe
Q: Is it safe on my kidney?
A: Not Safe
Q: Can I take it with alcohol?
A: Not Safe
Q: Is it safe for children?
A: Not Advised for age < 6yrs
Q: Can it be taken during pregnancy?
A: Dangerous – Studies indicate Human-Fetal Risk
Q: Is it safe to take for someone breastfeeding?
A: Not Safe
How Do I Take It?TRI CARDACE 5MG/10MG/5MG KIT is generally taken Before Food.
Precautions for TRI CARDACE 5MG/10MG/5MG KIT and its Constituents
Caution should be exercised in patients with
Caution should be exercised in patients with history of heart failure or liver disease.
It may causes drowsiness Dont drive while taking this medication.
- Do not use ramipril if you are pregnant.
- You should not use ramipril if you have ever had angioedema.
- Do not take this medicine within 36 hours before or after taking medicine that contains sacubatril.You should not use ramipril if you are allergic to it.
- If you have diabetes, do not use ramipril together with any medication that contains aliskiren.
- You may also need to avoid taking ramipril with aliskiren if you have kidney disease.
- Take ramipril exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Follow all directions on your prescription label. Your doctor may occasionally change your dose.
- Do not take this medicine in larger or smaller amounts or for longer than recommended.
- Swallow the tablet whole.
- Drink plenty of water each day while you are taking this medication
- Do not take extra medicine to make up the missed dose. Avoid drinking alcohol. It can further lower your blood pressure and may increase some of the side effects of ramipril.
- Avoid getting up too fast from a sitting or lying position, or you may feel dizzy. Get up slowly and steady yourself to prevent a fall.
- Ramipril can make you feel dizzy for the first few days. Take it preferably at bedtime.
Symptoms of OverdosageAMLODIPINE over-dosage can result in: Dizziness, Fainting, Rapid Heart Rate (pulse)
RAMIPRIL over-dosage can result in: Dizziness, Fainting
Common Side-EffectsATORVASTATIN : Polyarthralgia, Urinary Tract Infection, Insomnia, Myalgia, Skin Rash, Hives, Nausea, Loose Motion, Body Muscle Cramps Or Spasms (painful), Cough, Difficulty Swallowing, Dizziness, Rapid Heart Rate (pulse), Fever, Wheezing, Tightness
AMLODIPINE : Edema, Palpitation, Dizziness, Headache, Abdominal Pain, Ankles Swelling, Feet Swelling
RAMIPRIL : Acute Renal Failure, Hypotension, Head Headache, Cough, Dizziness, Weakness (generalized), Fatigue (tiredness), Arms Pain, Back Pain, Jaws Pain, Chills, Chest Discomfort, Cloudy Urine With Strong Odor, Decreased Urination, Irregular Heartbeat, Fainting, Shortness Of Breath, Nausea, Vomit, Confusion, Body Excessive Sweating
Serious Side-EffectsATORVASTATIN : Eyes Yellow Eyes, Dark Colored (brown) Urine, Abdomen Pain, Nausea, Vomit
AMLODIPINE : Rhinitis, Insomnia, Myalgia, Tinnitus, Vomiting, Dry Mouth, Syncope, Dizziness, Wheezing, Difficulty Breathing
RAMIPRIL : Angioedema, Hyperkalemia, Eyes Blurred Vision, Face Swelling, Eyes Swelling, Swollen Lips, Hoarse Voice, Difficulty Swallowing, Difficulty Breathing, Eyes Yellow Eyes
Rare Side-EffectsATORVASTATIN : Skin Rash, Hives, Body Itching, Face Swelling
AMLODIPINE : Dysuria, Chronic Cough, Xerophthalmia, Black (tar) Colored Stools, Gums Bleeding, Chills, Confusion, Cough, Fever
RAMIPRIL : Acute Liver Failure, Neutropenia, Skin Rash
Avoid drinking alcohol. It can raise triglyceride levels and may increase your risk of liver damage
Using amlodipine with multivitamin containing minerals decrease the effects of amlodipine.
Disease InteractionsRAMIPRIL can interfere with: Angioedema, Acute Renal Failure, Congestive Heart Disease, Hyperkalemia, Diabetes Mellitus, Diarrhoea, Vomiting, Hyponatremia, Acute Liver Failure
Technical ClassificationATORVASTATIN is categorized as: STATINS / ANTIHYPERLIPIDEMIC AGENTS / METABOLIC AGENTS
AMLODIPINE is categorized as: CALCIUM CHANNEL BLOCKING AGENTS / CARDIOVASCULAR AGENTS
RAMIPRIL is categorized as: ANGIOTENSIN CONVERTING ENZYME INHIBITORS / CARDIOVASCULAR AGENTS
Available Alternatives for TRI CARDACE 5MG/10MG/5MG KIT
What are the commonly available Substitutes?
|TRI CARDACE 5MG/10MG/5MG KIT||INR 149.87 for 10 KIT||ATORVASTATIN 10.0 MG, AMLODIPINE 5.0 MG, RAMIPRIL 5.0 MG|
What are the other drugs with similar Ingredients?
|TRI CARDACE FORTE KIT||INR 152.76 for 10 KIT||ATORVASTATIN 20.0 MG, AMLODIPINE 5.0 MG, RAMIPRIL 5.0 MG|