- 1 Overview
- 2 Usage
- 3 Frequently Asked Questions
- 4 Precautions for TRAXIN 50MG/15MG/4MG SYP and its Constituents
- 5 Symptoms of Overdosage
- 6 Common Side-Effects
- 7 Serious Side-Effects
- 8 Rare Side-Effects
- 9 Technical Classification
- 10 Available Alternatives for TRAXIN 50MG/15MG/4MG SYP
- 11 Share this:
- 12 Like this:
- 13 Related Articles
OverviewTRAXIN 50MG/15MG/4MG SYP is a Schedule H drug.
TRAXIN 50MG/15MG/4MG SYP is composed of: GUAIFENESIN (50.0 MG), PSEUDOEPHEDRINE (15.0 MG), BROMHEXINE (4.0 MG)
Guaifenesin is an expectorant. It helps loosen congestion in your chest and throat, making it easier to cough out through your mouth.Guaifenesin is used to reduce chest congestion caused by the common cold, infections, or allergies.It promotes lower respiratory tract drainage by thinning the mucus in the air passages to make it easier to cough up the mucus and clear the airways.
Pseudoephedrine is a decongestant that shrinks blood vessels in the nasal passages. Dilated blood vessels can cause nasal congestion (stuffy nose). Pseudoephedrine is used to treat nasal and sinus congestion, or congestion of the tubes that drain fluid from your inner ears, called the eustachian (yoo-STAY-shun) tubes.
UsageGUAIFENESIN is generally used to treat: Bronchitis, Laryngitis, Pharyngitis, Rhinitis, Sinusitis, Whooping Cough
GUAIFENESIN can address symptoms like: Shortness Of Breath, Difficulty Breathing, Wheezing, Cough, Chest Pain, Chest Discomfort, Fever, Head Headache, Fatigue (tiredness), Rapid Heart Rate (pulse)
PSEUDOEPHEDRINE can address symptoms like: Nasal Congestion
Frequently Asked QuestionsQ: Is it safe on my liver?
A: Check with your Doctor first
Q: Is it safe on my kidney?
A: Check with your Doctor first
Q: Can I take it with alcohol?
A: Not Safe
Q: Is it safe for children?
A: Not Advised for age < 2yrs
Q: Can it be taken during pregnancy?
A: Not enough studies to prove Risk – Ask your Doctor
Q: Is it safe to take for someone breastfeeding?
A: Not Safe
Precautions for TRAXIN 50MG/15MG/4MG SYP and its Constituents
- You should not use guaifenesin if you are allergic to guaifenesin.
- Use guaifenesin exactly as directed on the label, or as prescribed by your doctor. Do not use it in larger amounts or for longer than recommended.
- Drink extra fluids to help loosen the congestion and lubricate your throat while you are taking this medication.
- Take guaifenesin with food if it upsets your stomach.Measure the liquid form of guaifenesin with a special dose-measuring spoon or cup, not a regular table spoon.
- Do not crush, chew, break, or open a controlled-release, delayed-release, or extended-release tablet or capsule. Swallow it whole. Breaking or opening the pill may cause too much of the drug to be released at one time.
- Do not take extra medicine to make up the missed dose.
- This medication may impair your thinking or reactions. Be careful if you drive or do anything that requires you to be alert.
- The liquid forms and powder packets of this medication may contain aspartame. If you have phenylketonuria or any other condition that requires you to restrict your intake of aspartame (or phenylalanine), consult your doctor or pharmacist about using this product safely.
- Use within 4 weeks of opening the bottle; discard after 4 weeks of opening even if not used
Caution should be exercised in patients with
Symptoms of OverdosagePSEUDOEPHEDRINE over-dosage can result in: Slow Or Irregular Breathing, Hallucinations, Seizures (uncontrollable Jerking Of Limbs)
Common Side-EffectsGUAIFENESIN : Diarrhoea, Skin Rash, Hives, Dizziness, Head Headache, Nausea, Vomit, Abdomen Upset Stomach
PSEUDOEPHEDRINE : Nausea, Vomit, Difficulty Sleeping, Dizziness, Head Headache, Nervousness
Serious Side-EffectsGUAIFENESIN : Breathlessness, Difficulty Breathing
Rare Side-EffectsPSEUDOEPHEDRINE : Skin Rash, Irregular Heartbeat, Mood Swings, Anxiety, Difficulty Urinating, Difficulty Breathing, Body Itching
Technical ClassificationGUAIFENESIN is categorized as: EXPECTORANTS / RESPIRATORY AGENTS
PSEUDOEPHEDRINE is categorized as: DECONGESTANTS / RESPIRATORY AGENTS
Available Alternatives for TRAXIN 50MG/15MG/4MG SYP
What are the commonly available Substitutes?
|BROFENTOL PLUS 50MG/15MG/4MG SYP||INR 43.73 for 100 ML SYRUP||GUAIFENESIN 50.0 MG, PSEUDOEPHEDRINE 15.0 MG, BROMHEXINE 4.0 MG|
|TRAXIN 50MG/15MG/4MG SYP||INR 59.18 for 100 ML SYRUP||GUAIFENESIN 50.0 MG, PSEUDOEPHEDRINE 15.0 MG, BROMHEXINE 4.0 MG|
|TRAXIN JUNIOR 50MG/15MG/4MG SYP||INR 55 for 60 ML SYRUP||GUAIFENESIN 50.0 MG, PSEUDOEPHEDRINE 15.0 MG, BROMHEXINE 4.0 MG|
What are the other drugs with similar Ingredients?
|KOFRON DMR TAB||INR 25.37 for 10 TABLETS||GUAIFENESIN 100.0 MG, PSEUDOEPHEDRINE 60.0 MG, DEXTROMETHORPHAN HYDROBROMIDE 15.0 MG, BROMHEXINE 8.0 MG, CHLORPHENIRAMINE 4.0 MG|
|MUCARYL EXPECT SYP||INR 21.5 for 100 ML SYRUP||PSEUDOEPHEDRINE , GUAIFENESIN , BROMHEXINE|