- 1 Overview
- 2 Usage
- 3 Frequently Asked Questions
- 4 How Do I Take It?
- 5 Precautions for TOLMENTA D 150MG/50MG TAB and its Constituents
- 6 Symptoms of Overdosage
- 7 Common Side-Effects
- 8 Disease Interactions
- 9 Technical Classification
- 10 Available Alternatives for TOLMENTA D 150MG/50MG TAB
- 11 Share this:
- 12 Like this:
- 13 Related Articles
OverviewTOLMENTA D 150MG/50MG TAB is a Schedule H drug.
TOLMENTA D 150MG/50MG TAB is composed of: TOLPERISONE (150.0 MG), DICLOFENAC SODIUM (50.0 MG)
Diclofenac Sodium is an anti-inflammatory painkiller. This non-steroidal drug is used to alleviate symptoms of arthritis such as inflammation, pain, fever and swollen joints. It is used in the treatment of conditions such as rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, ankylosing spondylosis and severe menstrual pain. Diclofenac Sodium works by obstructing the production of cyclooxygenase, which synthesizes the compound called prostaglandin. This compound is responsible for symptoms of arthritis such as pain, swelling and inflammation. .
UsageDICLOFENAC SODIUM is generally used to treat: Rheumatoid Arthritis, Osteoarthritis, Ankylosing Spondylitis, Menstrual Cramp, Pain
DICLOFENAC SODIUM can address symptoms like: Fever, Knees Joint Pain
Frequently Asked QuestionsQ: Is it safe on my liver?
A: Not Safe
Q: Is it safe on my kidney?
A: Not Safe
Q: Can I take it with alcohol?
A: Not Safe
Q: Is it safe for children?
A: Not Advised for age < 18yrs
Q: Can it be taken during pregnancy?
A: Not enough studies to prove Risk – Ask your Doctor
How Do I Take It?TOLMENTA D 150MG/50MG TAB is generally taken After Food.
Precautions for TOLMENTA D 150MG/50MG TAB and its Constituents
- Pregnant women, women trying to conceive, smokers and alcoholics should avoid taking Diclofenac Sodium, since it can have harmful effects.
- Avoid taking aspirin or other NSAIDs while you are taking this medicine.
- If you use diclofenac long-term, you may need frequent medical tests.
- Take Diclofenac sodium on an empty stomach, at least 1 hour before or 2 hours after a meal.
- Do not crush, chew, or break an extended-release tablet or delayed-release tablet. Swallow it whole.
- Dissolve diclofenac sodium powder in to 2 ounces of water. Do not use any other type of liquid. Stir this mixture and drink all of it right away. It works best if you take it on an empty stomach.
- It is not known whether diclofenac passes into breast milk or if it could harm a nursing baby. You should not breast-feed while using this medicine.
- Do not use this medicine just before or after heart bypass surgery (coronary artery bypass graft).
Symptoms of OverdosageDICLOFENAC SODIUM over-dosage can result in: Abdomen Pain, Vomit, Drowsiness, Difficulty Breathing, Seizures (uncontrollable Jerking Of Limbs)
Common Side-EffectsDICLOFENAC SODIUM : Skin Rash, Itchy Skin, Indigestion, Abdomen Bloating Or Fullness, Abdomen Burn, Abdomen Pain, Belching, Black (tar) Colored Stools, Cloudy Urine With Strong Odor, Constipation, Loose Motion, Dizziness, Head Headache, Loss Of Appetite, Nausea, Vomit, Pale Skin, Fatigue (tiredness), Weakness (generalized), Weight Loss (unintentional)
Disease InteractionsDICLOFENAC SODIUM can interfere with: Asthma, Congestive Heart Disease, Urine Retention, Hypertension, Peptic Ulcer, Duodenitis, Intestinal Perforation, Alcoholism, Colitis, Gastroenteritis, Dermatitis, Acute Renal Failure, Hyponatremia, Acute Liver Failure, Myocardial Infarction, Ischemic Heart Disease, Porphyria, Anemia, Hyperkalemia, Thrombocytopathy, Thrombocytopenia, Vitamin K Deficiency
Technical ClassificationDICLOFENAC SODIUM is categorized as: NONSTEROIDAL ANTI-INFLAMMATORY AGENTS / ANALGESICS / CENTRAL NERVOUS SYSTEM AGENTS
Available Alternatives for TOLMENTA D 150MG/50MG TAB
What are the commonly available Substitutes?
|TOLMENTA D 150MG/50MG TAB||INR 118 for 10 TABLETS||TOLPERISONE 150.0 MG, DICLOFENAC SODIUM 50.0 MG|
|TOLPERITAS-D TAB||INR 108.5 for 10 TABLETS||TOLPERISONE 150 MG, DICLOFENAC SODIUM 50 MG|
What are the other drugs with similar Ingredients?
|MYOTOP DSR TAB||INR 145 for 5 TABLETS||TOLPERISONE 450.0 MG, DICLOFENAC SODIUM 100.0 MG|
|TEXXA D 450MG/100MG TAB||INR 135 for 5 TABLETS||TOLPERISONE 450.0 MG, DICLOFENAC SODIUM 100.0 MG|