- 1 Overview
- 2 Usage
- 3 Frequently Asked Questions
- 4 How Do I Take It?
- 5 Precautions for TIFLOW D EYE DPS and its Constituents
- 6 Symptoms of Overdosage
- 7 Common Side-Effects
- 8 Serious Side-Effects
- 9 Rare Side-Effects
- 10 Food Interactions
- 11 Technical Classification
- 12 Available Alternatives for TIFLOW D EYE DPS
- 13 Share this:
- 14 Like this:
- 15 Related Articles
OverviewTIFLOW D EYE DPS is an Over-the-counter (OTC) drug.
TIFLOW D EYE DPS is composed of: DEXAMETHASONE ( ), GEFITINIB ( )
Dexamethasone is a corticosteroid that prevents the release of substances in the body that cause inflammation. Dexamethasone is used to treat many different inflammatory conditions such as allergic disorders and skin conditions. Dexamethasone is also used to treat ulcerative colitis, arthritis, lupus, psoriasis, and breathing disorders.
Gefitinib is used to treat non-small cell lung cancer. Gefitinib is a cancer medication that interferes with the growth and spread of cancer cells in the body. Gefitinib belongs to a group of drugs called epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) tyrosine kinase inhibitors.
UsageDEXAMETHASONE is generally used to treat: Ulcerative Colitis, Arthritis, Lupus, Psoriasis
GEFITINIB is generally used to treat: Lung Cancer
Frequently Asked QuestionsQ: Is it safe on my liver?
A: Not Safe
Q: Is it safe on my kidney?
A: Not Safe
Q: Can I take it with alcohol?
A: Not Safe
Q: Is it safe for children?
A: Not Advised for age < 18yrs
Q: Can it be taken during pregnancy?
A: Studies indicate Risk – Doctor advice is must
Q: Is it safe to take for someone breastfeeding?
A: Check with your Doctor first
How Do I Take It?TIFLOW D EYE DPS is generally taken With Food.
Precautions for TIFLOW D EYE DPS and its Constituents
Caution should be exercised in patients with
- Before using this medication, ask your doctor or pharmacist about your medical history, especially of lung disease, severe kidney disease, eye problems, stomach/intestinal ulcers, other stomach/intestinal problems, smoking, cancer that has spread to the bowels.
- Do not take gefitinib if you are allergic to any of its ingredients.
- Before starting gefitinib treatment, make sure you tell your doctor about any other medications you are taking (including prescription, over-the-counter, vitamins, herbal remedies, etc.). Do not take aspirin, or products containing aspirin unless your doctor specifically permits this.
- Do not receive any kind of immunization or vaccination without your doctor’s approval while taking gefitinib.
- For both men and women: Do not conceive a child (get pregnant) while taking gefitinib. Barrier methods of contraception, such as condoms, are recommended. Discuss with your doctor when you may safely become pregnant or conceive a child after therapy.
Symptoms of OverdosageDEXAMETHASONE over-dosage can result in: Easy Bruising, Irregular Menstrual Periods
Common Side-EffectsDEXAMETHASONE : Abdomen Upset Stomach, Head Headache, Dizziness, Difficulty Sleeping, Weight Gain
GEFITINIB : Eyes Burning Sensation, Chest Pain, Chills, Cough, Difficulty Breathing, Eyes Dry Eyes, Shortness Of Breath
Serious Side-EffectsDEXAMETHASONE : Heartburn, Throat Soreness, Fever, Arms Joint Pain, Increased Thirst, Frequent Urination, Irregular Heartbeat, Eyes Pain, Black (tar) Colored Stools, Ankles Swelling, Mood Swings
GEFITINIB : Abdomen Pain, Dark Colored (brown) Urine, Decreased Appetite, Fever, Nausea, Vomit
Rare Side-EffectsDEXAMETHASONE : Skin Rash, Difficulty Breathing, Face Swelling, Body Itching
GEFITINIB : Bloody Or Red Colored Stools, Eyes Redness, Eyes Eye Irritation, Heartburn, Abdomen Pain, Throat Soreness, Vomit
Grapefruit may increase serum product levels.
Technical ClassificationDEXAMETHASONE is categorized as: GLUCOCORTICOIDS / ADRENAL CORTICAL STEROIDS / HORMONES
GEFITINIB is categorized as: EGFR INHIBITORS / ANTINEOPLASTICS
Available Alternatives for TIFLOW D EYE DPS
What are the commonly available Substitutes?
|ENGATT DX EYE DPS||INR 31.25 for 5 ML EYE DROP||DEXAMETHASONE , GEFITINIB|
|GENTIJET DX EYE DPS||INR 7.95 for 10 ML EYE DROP||DEXAMETHASONE , GEFITINIB|
|LEEGENTA DM EYE DPS||INR 9.56 for 10 ML EYE DROP||DEXAMETHASONE , GEFITINIB|
|TIFLOW D EYE DPS||INR 8 for 5 ML EYE DROP||DEXAMETHASONE , GEFITINIB|
What are the other drugs with similar Ingredients?
|GATE DX 0.1%/0.3% DPS||INR 37.35 for 5 ML DROP||DEXAMETHASONE 0.1 %W/V, GEFITINIB 0.3 %W/V|
|GATIBLU D 0.1% W/V/0.3% W/V EYE DPS||INR 20.5 for 10 ML EYE DROP||DEXAMETHASONE 0.1 %W/V, GEFITINIB 0.3 %W/V|
|GATIBLU D 0.1% W/V/3% W/V EYE DPS||INR 15.5 for 5 ML EYE DROP||GEFITINIB 3.0 %W/V, DEXAMETHASONE 0.1 %W/V|
|GATILOX DM 0.1% W/V/0.3% W/V EYE DPS||INR 17.3 for 10 ML EYE DROP||DEXAMETHASONE 0.1 %W/V, GEFITINIB 0.3 %W/V|
|GATSUN DM 0.1MG/0.3MG EYE DPS||INR 14.65 for 5 ML EYE DROP||DEXAMETHASONE 0.1 MG, GEFITINIB 0.3 MG|
|GETOLI D 0.1%/0.3% EYE DPS||INR 37.12 for 10 ML EYE DROP||GEFITINIB 0.3 %W/V, DEXAMETHASONE 0.1 %W/V|
|GFLOTAS D EYE DPS||INR 18.5 for 10 ML EYE DROP||GEFITINIB 0.3 %W/V, DEXAMETHASONE 0.1 %W/V|
|MICROGAT DX 0.1% W/V/0.3% W/V DPS||INR 24.06 for 5 ML DROP||DEXAMETHASONE 0.1 %W/V, GEFITINIB 0.3 %W/V|
|TAMIGEN S 0.1%/0.3% DPS||INR 11.14 for 5 ML DROP||DEXAMETHASONE 0.1 %W/V, GEFITINIB 0.3 %W/V|
|TAMIGEN S EYE/EAR DPS||INR 11.14 for 10 ML EYE/EAR DROPS||DEXAMETHASONE 0.1 %W/V, GEFITINIB 0.3 %W/V|
|ZENGAT D 0.1%/0.3% EYE DPS||INR 32 for 5 ML EYE DROP||DEXAMETHASONE 0.1 %W/V, GEFITINIB 0.3 %W/V|