- 1 Overview
- 2 Usage
- 3 Frequently Asked Questions
- 4 Precautions for TESUNATE SP JUNIOR KIT and its Constituents
- 5 Symptoms of Overdosage
- 6 Common Side-Effects
- 7 Serious Side-Effects
- 8 Rare Side-Effects
- 9 Technical Classification
- 10 Available Alternatives for TESUNATE SP JUNIOR KIT
- 11 Share this:
- 12 Like this:
- 13 Related Articles
OverviewTESUNATE SP JUNIOR KIT is a Schedule H drug.
TESUNATE SP JUNIOR KIT is composed of: SULPHADOXINE (500.0 MG), ARTESUNATE (100.0 MG), PYRIMETHAMINE (25.0 MG)
Pyrimethamine is an antiparasite medicine that helps prevent parasites from growing and reproducing in the body.Pyrimethamine is used in adults and children to treat or prevent certain types of malaria. It is usually taken with a sulfonamide. Discontinue if rash occurs.It works by increasing the levels of haeme in the blood, a substance toxic to the malarial parasite. This kills the parasite and stops the infection from spreading.
UsagePYRIMETHAMINE is generally used to treat: Malaria, Toxoplasmosis
PYRIMETHAMINE can address symptoms like: Fever, Head Headache
Frequently Asked QuestionsQ: Is it safe on my liver?
A: Not Safe
Q: Is it safe on my kidney?
A: Not Safe
Q: Can I take it with alcohol?
A: Not Safe
Q: Is it safe for children?
A: Not Advised for age < 5yrs
Q: Can it be taken during pregnancy?
A: Not enough studies to prove Risk – Ask your Doctor
Precautions for TESUNATE SP JUNIOR KIT and its Constituents
- You should not use pyrimethamine if you are allergic to it.
- Follow all directions on your prescription label. Your doctor may occasionally change your dose. Do not take this medicine in larger or smaller amounts or for longer than recommended.
- Follow your doctor’s dosing instructions very carefully.
- Take with food if pyrimethamine upsets your stomach or affects your appetite.
- Pyrimethamine is often given in combination with other medications.
- Use all medications as directed by your doctor. While using pyrimethamine, you may need frequent blood tests.
- Do not take extra medicine to make up the missed dose. Take with plenty of water to prevent crystal or stone formation in the urinary tract.
- Avoid excessive exposure to sun.
- Pyrimethamine when given with sulphonamide, it should be given with folic acid (vitamin) supplement.
- Do not take pyrimethamine if you have megaloblastic anemia due to folate deficiency.
Symptoms of OverdosagePYRIMETHAMINE over-dosage can result in: Abdomen Pain, Cough, Bloody Or Red Colored Vomit, Slow Or Irregular Breathing, Hyperactive Behavior, Seizures (uncontrollable Jerking Of Limbs), Difficult To Wake From Sleep
Common Side-EffectsPYRIMETHAMINE : Diarrhoea, Anorexia Nervosa, Anemia, Vomit, Loss Of Appetite, Black (tar) Colored Stools, Blood Or Red Colored Urine, Bloody Or Red Colored Stools, Cough, Fever, Chills, Lower Back Pain, Pain With Urination, Difficulty Urinating, Dizziness, Head Headache
Serious Side-EffectsPYRIMETHAMINE : Breathlessness, Pale Skin, Fatigue (tiredness), Throat Soreness, Rapid Breathing, Rapid Heart Rate (pulse), Easy Bleeding, Swollen Tongue
Rare Side-EffectsPYRIMETHAMINE : Skin Rash, Hives, Mouth Ulcer, Chest Pain, Mouth Soreness, Difficulty Swallowing, Fainting, Lightheadedness, Slow Or Irregular Breathing, Pounding Heart (pulse), Eyes Swelling, Rapid Breathing, Eyes Eye Irritation, Eyes Redness, Shortness Of Breath, Wheezing
Technical ClassificationPYRIMETHAMINE is categorized as: MISCELLANEOUS ANTIMALARIALS / ANTIMALARIAL AGENTS / ANTI-INFECTIVES
Available Alternatives for TESUNATE SP JUNIOR KIT
What are the commonly available Substitutes?
|TESUNATE SP JUNIOR KIT||INR 93.5 for 5 KIT||SULPHADOXINE 500.0 MG, ARTESUNATE 100.0 MG, PYRIMETHAMINE 25.0 MG|
What are the other drugs with similar Ingredients?
|TESUNATE SP KIT||INR 220 for 1 KIT||SULPHADOXINE 750.0 MG, ARTESUNATE 200.0 MG, PYRIMETHAMINE 37.5 MG|