- 1 Overview
- 2 Usage
- 3 Frequently Asked Questions
- 4 Precautions for TELBIHEP 600MG TAB and its Constituents
- 5 Common Side-Effects
- 6 Serious Side-Effects
- 7 Rare Side-Effects
- 8 Disease Interactions
- 9 Technical Classification
- 10 Available Alternatives for TELBIHEP 600MG TAB
- 11 Share this:
- 12 Like this:
- 13 Related Articles
OverviewTELBIHEP 600MG TAB is a Schedule H drug.
TELBIHEP 600MG TAB is composed of: TELBIVUDINE (600.0 MG)
Telbivudine is used in the treatment of HIV infection and chronic hepatitis B virus (HBV) infection.Telbivudine is an antiviral medication. It prevents the multiplication of virus in human cells. This stops the virus from producing new viruses and clears up your infection.Telbivudine is not a cure for hepatitis B infection, and it does not prevent the spread of the virus to others through sexual contact or blood contamination.
UsageTELBIVUDINE is generally used to treat: Hepatitis B, Human Immunodeficiency Virus
TELBIVUDINE can address symptoms like: Dark Colored (brown) Urine, Eyes Yellow Eyes, Abdomen Pain, Fatigue (tiredness), Body Discoloration
Frequently Asked QuestionsQ: Is it safe on my liver?
A: Not Safe
Q: Is it safe on my kidney?
A: Not Safe
Q: Can I take it with alcohol?
A: Not Safe
Q: Is it safe for children?
A: Not Advised for age < 18yrs
Q: Can it be taken during pregnancy?
A: Considered as Generally Safe – not enough studies to prove risk
Q: Is it safe to take for someone breastfeeding?
A: Not Safe
Precautions for TELBIHEP 600MG TAB and its Constituents
- You should not use Telbivudine,if you are allergic to it.
- Use this medicine as ordered by your doctor.Take this medicine at the same time of day.
- If you have trouble swallowing, talk with your doctor.
- To gain the most benefit, do not miss doses.
- Do not take 2 doses at the same time or extra doses.
- Do consult your doctor if you have a kidney problem, liver transplant or have liver cirrhosis.
- Contact your doctor immediately in case of persistent unexplained muscle pain, joint pain, weakness, numbness/tingling in arms and legs.Do not use telbivudine during pregnancy and breast-feeding. If you have hepatitis B and become pregnant, consult your doctor about how you can best protect your baby.
Common Side-EffectsTELBIVUDINE : Indigestion, Diarrhoea, Heartburn, Insomnia, Head Headache, Fatigue (tiredness), Cough, Loose Motion, Abdomen Upset Stomach, Back Pain, Dizziness, Joint Pain, Throat Soreness, Chills, Fever, Body Discomfort, Nausea, Runny Nose, Sneezing, Abdomen Pain, Muscle Stiffness, Body Muscle Cramps Or Spasms (painful), Belching, Difficulty Sleeping, Abdomen Discomfort, Decreased Appetite
Serious Side-EffectsTELBIVUDINE : Joint Pain, Body Excessive Sweating, Chest Pain, Body Loss Of Movement, Muscle Wasting, Difficulty Breathing, Irregular Heartbeat
Rare Side-EffectsTELBIVUDINE : Lactic Acidosis, Acute Liver Failure, Liver Cancer, Chest Burn, Abdomen Tenderness To Touch, Loss Of Appetite, Eyes Yellow Eyes, Dark Colored (brown) Urine, Rapid Breathing, Drowsiness, Easy Bleeding, Body Difficulty Walking, Arms Tingling, Legs Tingling
Disease InteractionsTELBIVUDINE can interfere with: Myopathy, Myoneural Disorders, Acute Renal Failure
Technical ClassificationTELBIVUDINE is categorized as: NUCLEOSIDE REVERSE TRANSCRIPTASE INHIBITORS (NRTIS) / ANTIVIRAL AGENTS / ANTI-INFECTIVES
Available Alternatives for TELBIHEP 600MG TAB
What are the commonly available Substitutes?
|SEBIVO 600MG TAB||INR 5358 for 30 TABLETS||TELBIVUDINE 600 MG|
|TELBIHEP 600MG TAB||INR 833.81 for 10 TABLETS||TELBIVUDINE 600.0 MG|
What are the other drugs with similar Ingredients?