- 1 Overview
- 2 Usage
- 3 Frequently Asked Questions
- 4 Precautions for STRANTAS 250MG PREFILLED SYPINGE and its Constituents
- 5 Common Side-Effects
- 6 Serious Side-Effects
- 7 Technical Classification
- 8 Available Alternatives for STRANTAS 250MG PREFILLED SYPINGE
- 9 Share this:
- 10 Like this:
- 11 Related Articles
OverviewSTRANTAS 250MG PREFILLED SYPINGE is an Over-the-counter (OTC) drug.
STRANTAS 250MG PREFILLED SYPINGE is composed of: FULVESTRANT (250.0 MG)
Fulvestrant is a prescription medication used to treat certain types of breast cancer in post-menopausal women. Fulvestrant belongs to a group of drugs called estrogen receptor antagonists. It works by blocking the activity of estrogen in breast tissue which stops the cancer from growing.This medication comes in an injectable form. It is given directly into the muscle of the buttock by a healthcare provider. For women who have not gone through menopause, fulvestrant is given together with another medicine called palbociclib to treat advanced HER2-negative breast cancer that has progressed or spread.
UsageFULVESTRANT is generally used to treat: Postmenopause Period, Breast Cancer
Frequently Asked QuestionsQ: Is it safe on my liver?
A: Not Safe
Q: Is it safe on my kidney?
A: Not Safe
Q: Can I take it with alcohol?
A: Not Safe
Q: Is it safe for children?
A: Ask your doctor
Q: Can it be taken during pregnancy?
A: Studies indicate Risk – Doctor advice is must
Precautions for STRANTAS 250MG PREFILLED SYPINGE and its Constituents
- Before using this medication, tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are allergic to it or if you have any other allergies. This product may contain inactive ingredients (such as benzyl alcohol), which can cause allergic reactions or other problems.
- Before using this medication, tell your doctor or pharmacist your medical history, especially of liver disease, bleeding problems, low platelet counts (thrombocytopenia).
- This drug may make you dizzy. Alcohol can make you more dizzy. Do not drive, use machinery, or do anything that needs alertness until you can do it safely. Limit alcoholic beverages.
- Before having surgery, tell your doctor or dentist about all the products you use (including prescription drugs, nonprescription drugs, and herbal products).
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant. You should not become pregnant while using fulvestrant. Fulvestrant may harm an unborn baby. A pregnancy test should be done within 7 days of starting this medication. Do not use birth control that contains estrogen. If you become pregnant, talk to your doctor right away about the risks and benefits of this medication.
- It is unknown if this drug passes into breast milk. Because of the possible risk to the infant, breast-feeding while using this drug and for 1 year after stopping treatment is not recommended.
Common Side-EffectsFULVESTRANT : Face Swelling, Arms Swelling, Hands Swelling, Legs Swelling, Feet Swelling, Weight Gain, Weight Loss (unintentional)
Serious Side-EffectsFULVESTRANT : Difficulty Breathing
Technical ClassificationFULVESTRANT is categorized as:
- ESTROGEN RECEPTOR ANTAGONISTS / HORMONES
- HORMONES/ANTINEOPLASTICS / ANTINEOPLASTICS
Available Alternatives for STRANTAS 250MG PREFILLED SYPINGE
What are the commonly available Substitutes?
|FASLODEX 250MG INJ||INR 42200 for 5 ML INJECTION||FULVESTRANT 250.0 MG|
|FULVIGLEN 250MG PREFILLED SYPINGE||INR 19714.28 for 5 ML PREFILLED SYRINGE||FULVESTRANT 250.0 MG|
|STRANTAS 250MG PREFILLED SYPINGE||INR 20000 for 5 ML PREFILLED SYRINGE||FULVESTRANT 250.0 MG|
What are the other drugs with similar Ingredients?
|FASLODEX 500MG INJ||INR 25573 for 5 ML INJECTION||FULVESTRANT 50 MG/ML|
|FULVENAT 120MG INJ||INR 18000 for 1 INJECTION||FULVESTRANT 120.0 MG|
|FULVENAT 250MG INJ||INR 18000 for 1 INJ||FULVESTRANT 50 MG/ML|
|FULVETRAZ 50MG INJ||INR 24000 for 5 ML INJECTION||FULVESTRANT 50.0 MG|