- 1 Overview
- 2 Usage
- 3 Frequently Asked Questions
- 4 Precautions for SINCARE 500MG/60MG/2.5MG TAB and its Constituents
- 5 Symptoms of Overdosage
- 6 Common Side-Effects
- 7 Serious Side-Effects
- 8 Rare Side-Effects
- 9 Disease Interactions
- 10 Technical Classification
- 11 Available Alternatives for SINCARE 500MG/60MG/2.5MG TAB
- 12 Share this:
- 13 Like this:
- 14 Related Articles
OverviewSINCARE 500MG/60MG/2.5MG TAB is a Schedule H drug.
SINCARE 500MG/60MG/2.5MG TAB is composed of: PARACETAMOL (500.0 MG), PSEUDOEPHEDRINE (60.0 MG), LEVOCETIRIZINE (2.5 MG)
Paracetamol is a pain reliever and a fever reducer. The exact mechanism of action of is not known. Paracetamol is used to treat many conditions such as a headache, muscle aches, arthritis, backache, toothaches, colds, and fevers. It relieves pain in mild arthritis but has no effect on the underlying inflammation and swelling of the joint.
Pseudoephedrine is a decongestant that shrinks blood vessels in the nasal passages. Dilated blood vessels can cause nasal congestion (stuffy nose). Pseudoephedrine is used to treat nasal and sinus congestion, or congestion of the tubes that drain fluid from your inner ears, called the eustachian (yoo-STAY-shun) tubes.
Levocetirizine is an antihistamine that reduces the effects of natural chemical histamine in the body. Histamine can produce symptoms such as a runny nose or hives.It blocks histamine action, which reduces allergy symptoms.
UsagePARACETAMOL is generally used to treat: Arthritis
PARACETAMOL can address symptoms like: Head Headache, Back Pain, Cold, Fever
PSEUDOEPHEDRINE can address symptoms like: Nasal Congestion
LEVOCETIRIZINE is generally used to treat: Allergy, Pediatric Urticaria, Urticaria
LEVOCETIRIZINE can address symptoms like: Eyes Watery Eyes, Runny Nose, Sneezing, Body Itching, Eyes Itching, Nose Itching
Frequently Asked QuestionsQ: Is it safe on my liver?
A: Not Safe
Q: Is it safe on my kidney?
A: Not Safe
Q: Can I take it with alcohol?
A: Not Safe
Q: Is it safe for children?
A: Not Advised for age < 1month
Q: Can it be taken during pregnancy?
A: Considered as Generally Safe – not enough studies to prove risk
Q: Is it safe to take for someone breastfeeding?
A: Not Safe
Precautions for SINCARE 500MG/60MG/2.5MG TAB and its Constituents
Caution should be exercised in patients with history of asthma, bleeding problems, growths in the nose, heart, kidney or liver disease, liver inflammation, high blood pressure, chickenpox, anxiety, trouble in sleeping, ulcers, stomach problems, stroke, Kawasaki syndrome, any allergy, who are taking other medications, during pregnancy and breastfeeding. Avoid alcohol consumption. It should not be used in children with infections such as flu, chickenpox or viral infections. Avoid
Caution should be exercised in patients with
- You should not use levocetirizine if you are allergic to levocetirizine or cetirizine.
- You should not take levocetirizine if you have end-stage kidney disease or if you are on dialysis. Any child younger than 12 years old with kidney disease should not take levocetirizine.
- Follow all directions on your prescription label and read all medication guides or instruction sheets.
- Use the medicine exactly as directed.
- Do not give a child more than the prescribed dose of this medicine.
- Levocetirizine is usually taken in the evening, with or without food.
- Measure liquid medicine carefully. Use the dosing syringe provided, or use a medicine dose-measuring device (not a kitchen spoon).
- Do not take two doses at one time.
- Avoid driving or hazardous activity until you know how levocetirizine will affect you. Your reactions could be impaired.
- Drinking alcohol with this medicine can cause side effects.
- Liquid products may contain sugar and/or aspartame. Caution is advised if you have diabetes, phenylketonuria, or any other condition that requires you to limit/avoid these substances in your diet. Ask your doctor or pharmacist about using this medication safely.
Symptoms of OverdosagePARACETAMOL over-dosage can result in: Loss Of Appetite, Nausea, Vomit, Abdomen Pain, Weakness (generalized), Upper Abdomen Pain, Dark Colored (brown) Urine, Eyes Yellow Eyes
PSEUDOEPHEDRINE over-dosage can result in: Slow Or Irregular Breathing, Hallucinations, Seizures (uncontrollable Jerking Of Limbs)
LEVOCETIRIZINE over-dosage can result in: Drowsiness, Mood Swings, Restless Or Irritability, Agitation
Common Side-EffectsPSEUDOEPHEDRINE : Nausea, Vomit, Difficulty Sleeping, Dizziness, Head Headache, Nervousness
LEVOCETIRIZINE : Diarrhoea, Urinary Retention, Nosebleeds, Drowsiness, Fatigue (tiredness), Fever, Vomit, Dry Mouth, Weight Gain, Constipation, Head Headache, Throat Soreness, Runny Nose, Body Pain, Ears Pain, Nasal Congestion, Hoarse Voice, Loss Of Voice, Ears Swelling, Neck Enlarged Or Swollen Glands
Serious Side-EffectsLEVOCETIRIZINE : Difficulty Urinating, Cough
Rare Side-EffectsPARACETAMOL : Skin Rash, Dizziness, Difficulty Breathing, Face Swelling, Body Itching
PSEUDOEPHEDRINE : Skin Rash, Irregular Heartbeat, Mood Swings, Anxiety, Difficulty Urinating, Difficulty Breathing, Body Itching
LEVOCETIRIZINE : Skin Rash, Itchy Skin, Difficulty Breathing
Disease InteractionsLEVOCETIRIZINE can interfere with: Acute Renal Failure, Urinary Retention
Technical ClassificationPARACETAMOL is categorized as: MISCELLANEOUS ANALGESICS / ANALGESICS / CENTRAL NERVOUS SYSTEM AGENTS
PSEUDOEPHEDRINE is categorized as: DECONGESTANTS / RESPIRATORY AGENTS
LEVOCETIRIZINE is categorized as: ANTIHISTAMINES / RESPIRATORY AGENTS
Available Alternatives for SINCARE 500MG/60MG/2.5MG TAB
What are the commonly available Substitutes?
|SINCARE 500MG/60MG/2.5MG TAB||INR 36.55 for 10 TABLETS||PARACETAMOL 500.0 MG, PSEUDOEPHEDRINE 60.0 MG, LEVOCETIRIZINE 2.5 MG|
|STARCET COLD TAB||INR 42.42 for 10 TABLETS||PARACETAMOL 500.0 MG, PSEUDOEPHEDRINE 60.0 MG, LEVOCETIRIZINE 2.5 MG|
What are the other drugs with similar Ingredients?
|ALERFRI SF 650MG/60MG/2.5MG TAB||INR 49.5 for 10 TABLETS||PARACETAMOL 650.0 MG, PSEUDOEPHEDRINE 60.0 MG, LEVOCETIRIZINE 2.5 MG|
|CETIZ COLD SYP||INR 46 for 60 ML SYRUP||LEVOCETIRIZINE , PARACETAMOL , PSEUDOEPHEDRINE|
|CEZAREST D TAB||INR 16.51 for 10 TABLETS||LEVOCETIRIZINE , PARACETAMOL , PSEUDOEPHEDRINE|
|LEZO DP TAB||INR 37.99 for 10 TABLETS||LEVOCETIRIZINE , PARACETAMOL , PSEUDOEPHEDRINE|
|PRIMECET PLUS TAB||INR 31.93 for 10 TABLETS||PSEUDOEPHEDRINE , PARACETAMOL , LEVOCETIRIZINE|
|RITHMAX TAB||INR 29 for 10 TABLETS||LEVOCETIRIZINE , PARACETAMOL , PSEUDOEPHEDRINE|
|SINACT TAB||INR 39 for 10 TABLETS||PARACETAMOL 325 MG, PSEUDOEPHEDRINE 60 MG, AMBROXOL HYDROCHLORIDE 30 MG, CAFFEINE 15 MG, LEVOCETIRIZINE 2.5 MG|
|ZECORYL SYR||INR 32 for 60 ML SYRUP||PARACETAMOL 125 MG, PSEUDOEPHEDRINE 5 GM, LEVOCETIRIZINE 2 MG|