- 1 Overview
- 2 Usage
- 3 Frequently Asked Questions
- 4 How Do I Take It?
- 5 Precautions for RINHIB 200MG TAB and its Constituents
- 6 Symptoms of Overdosage
- 7 Common Side-Effects
- 8 Serious Side-Effects
- 9 Rare Side-Effects
- 10 Disease Interactions
- 11 Technical Classification
- 12 Available Alternatives for RINHIB 200MG TAB
- 13 Share this:
- 14 Like this:
- 15 Related Articles
OverviewRINHIB 200MG TAB is a Schedule H drug.
RINHIB 200MG TAB is composed of: RIBAVIRIN (200.0 MG)
Ribavirin is an antiviral medication.Ribavirin must be used together with an interferon alfa productIt prevents the multiplication of virus in human cells. This stops the virus from producing new viruses and clears up your infection.
UsageRIBAVIRIN is generally used to treat: Hepatitis C, Respiratory Syncytial Virus
RIBAVIRIN can address symptoms like: Fatigue (tiredness), Dark Colored (brown) Urine, Fever, Eyes Yellow Eyes, Body Discoloration, Weakness (generalized), Body Pain, Joint Pain, Loss Of Appetite, Nausea, Vomit, Right Side Upper Abdomen Pain
Frequently Asked QuestionsQ: Is it safe on my liver?
A: Not Safe
Q: Is it safe on my kidney?
A: Not Safe
Q: Can I take it with alcohol?
A: Not Safe
Q: Is it safe for children?
A: Not Advised for age < 3yrs
Q: Can it be taken during pregnancy?
A: Dangerous – Studies indicate Human-Fetal Risk
Q: Is it safe to take for someone breastfeeding?
A: Not Safe
How Do I Take It?RINHIB 200MG TAB is generally taken With Food.
Precautions for RINHIB 200MG TAB and its Constituents
- You should not use ribavirin if you have autoimmune hepatitis, severe kidney disease, or a hemoglobin blood cell disorder.
- You should not take ribavirin with didanosine.
- You should not take ribavirin if you are allergic to it.
- Do not take ribavirin if you are pregnant.
- Do not take ribavirin if your sexual partner is pregnant.
- Follow all directions on your prescription label.
- Do not take this medicine in larger or smaller amounts or for longer than recommended.
- Do not crush, chew, break, or open a ribavirin capsule. Swallow it whole. Tell your doctor if you have trouble swallowing the capsule.
- Drink extra fluids while you are taking ribavirin to keep from getting dehydrated, especially during exercise or in hot weather.
- If you vomit while taking ribavirin, rinse your mouth out with water to prevent damage to your teeth or gums.
- Using this medicine will not prevent you from passing hepatitis to other people.
- Follow your doctor’s instructions about how to prevent passing the disease to another person.Always take the complete course of treatment, as advised by your doctor even if you feel better.
Symptoms of OverdosageRIBAVIRIN over-dosage can result in: Difficulty Breathing
Common Side-EffectsRIBAVIRIN : Constipation, Dry Skin, Muscle Pain, Muscle Cramp, Diarrhoea, Nausea, Chills, Fever, Fatigue (tiredness), Head Headache, Mood Swings, Restless Or Irritability, Loss Of Appetite, Vomit, Abdomen Pain, Gums Bleeding, Blood Or Red Colored Urine, Loss Of Voice, Slow Heart Rate (pulse), Weight Gain
Serious Side-EffectsRIBAVIRIN : Depression, Anxiety, Heartburn, Indigestion, Black (tar) Colored Stools, Body Pain, Chest Pain, Labored Breathing, Dry Mouth, Body Discomfort, Hyperventilating (rapid/deep Breathing), Irregular Heartbeat, Lower Back Pain, Nervousness, Pain With Urination, Pale Skin, Poor Concentration, Wheezing, Difficulty Sleeping
Rare Side-EffectsRIBAVIRIN : Skin Rash, Itchy Skin
Disease InteractionsRIBAVIRIN can interfere with: Anemia, Heart Arrhythmias, Congestive Heart Disease, Acute Renal Failure
Technical ClassificationRIBAVIRIN is categorized as:
- INHALED ANTI-INFECTIVES / RESPIRATORY INHALANT PRODUCTS / RESPIRATORY AGENTS
- PURINE NUCLEOSIDES / ANTIVIRAL AGENTS / ANTI-INFECTIVES
Available Alternatives for RINHIB 200MG TAB
What are the commonly available Substitutes?
|HEPTOS 200MG CAP||INR 120 for 10 CAPSULES||RIBAVIRIN 200.0 MG|
|REBETOL 200MG CAP||INR 1175.23 for 12 CAPSULES||RIBAVIRIN 200.0 MG|
|RIBAVIN 200MG CAP||INR 312.5 for 4 CAPSULES||RIBAVIRIN 200.0 MG|
|RINHIB 200MG TAB||INR 1666.66 for 42 TABLETS||RIBAVIRIN 200.0 MG|
What are the other drugs with similar Ingredients?
|RIBAHEP CAP||INR 750 for 10 CAPSULES||RIBAVIRIN|
|RIBAVIN 100MG CAP||INR 80 for 10 CAPSULES||RIBAVIRIN 100 MG|