- 1 Overview
- 2 Usage
- 3 Frequently Asked Questions
- 4 How Do I Take It?
- 5 Precautions for RILUTOR 50MG TAB and its Constituents
- 6 Common Side-Effects
- 7 Technical Classification
- 8 Prescription Statistics
- 8.1 How Frequently is it taken?
- 8.2 How long was it prescribed?
- 8.3 What is the break-up across patient age-group?
- 8.4 What is the gender-breakup across patients?
- 8.5 What kind of doctors prescribe this medicine?
- 8.6 Most common Medicines advised along-side?
- 8.7 Most common Diagnostic/Lab Tests advised along-side?
- 9 Available Alternatives for RILUTOR 50MG TAB
- 10 Share this:
- 11 Like this:
- 12 Related Articles
OverviewRILUTOR 50MG TAB is a Schedule H drug.
RILUTOR 50MG TAB is composed of: RILUZOLE (50 MG)
Riluzole is a benzothiazole, recommended for amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS, Lou Gehrig disease) is placed on a ventilator or breathing machine, by delaying onset of ventilator dependence or tracheostomy. It may prevent further damage to certain brain cells.
The Riluzole works by modulating the action of glutamate, a chemical messenger involved in the transmission of nerve signals in the brain.
UsageRILUZOLE is generally used to treat: Lou Gehrig’s Disease (ALS), Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis
RILUZOLE can address symptoms like: Fainting, Loss Of Coordination, Drooling, Difficulty Swallowing, Constipation, Weight Loss (unintentional), Shortness Of Breath
Frequently Asked QuestionsQ: Is it safe on my liver?
A: Not Safe
Q: Is it safe on my kidney?
A: Not Safe
Q: Can I take it with alcohol?
A: Not Safe
Q: Is it safe for children?
A: Ask your doctor
Q: Is it safe to take for someone breastfeeding?
A: Not Safe
How Do I Take It?RILUTOR 50MG TAB is generally taken Before Food.
Precautions for RILUTOR 50MG TAB and its Constituents
- You should not use riluzole if you are allergic to it.
- Follow all directions on your prescription label. Do not take this medicine in larger or smaller amounts or for longer than recommended.
- Riluzole is usually taken once every 12 hours. Take the medicine at the same times each day.
- Take riluzole on an empty stomach, at least 1 hour before or 2 hours after a meal.
- Before and during your treatment with riluzole, you may need frequent blood tests to check your liver function.
- Do not take extra medicine to make up the missed dose.
- Avoid drinking alcohol. It may increase your risk of liver damage while taking riluzole.
- This medication may impair your thinking or reactions. Be careful if you drive or do anything that requires you to be alert.
- Avoid smoking. Smoking cigarettes may make riluzole less effective.
Common Side-EffectsRILUZOLE : Skin Rash, Joint Pain, Muscle Pain, Dizziness, Spinning Sensation, Drowsiness, Weakness (generalized), Nausea, Vomit, Abdomen Pain, Loss Of Appetite, Mouth Numbness, Blood Or Red Colored Urine, Eyes Blurred Vision, Dark Colored (brown) Urine, Irregular Heartbeat, Pain With Urination, Head Headache, Frequent Urge To Urinate, Lower Back Pain, Nervousness, Eyes Yellow Eyes, Abdomen Bloating Or Fullness, Body Loss Of Movement, Dry Mouth, Increased Passing Gas, Difficulty Sleeping, Hands Tingling
Technical ClassificationRILUZOLE is categorized as: MISCELLANEOUS CENTRAL NERVOUS SYSTEM AGENTS / CENTRAL NERVOUS SYSTEM AGENTS
Prescription StatisticsFollowing information is taken from treatment plans advised by our doctors. This is Only for informational purpose and you must seek doctor’s advice if you are not well.
How Frequently is it taken?
|2 Times Daily||38%|
|2 Times Daily (1-0-1)||32%|
How long was it prescribed?
What is the break-up across patient age-group?
|18 to 35yrs||3%|
|35 to 50yrs||11%|
|50 to 60yrs||11%|
|60 to 70yrs||42%|
|70yrs and above||33%|
What is the gender-breakup across patients?
What kind of doctors prescribe this medicine?
Most common Medicines advised along-side?
|EVION SG-CAP 400MG||11%|
|EVION 400MG CAP||11%|
Most common Diagnostic/Lab Tests advised along-side?
|SGPT TEST (BIOCHEMISTRY)||11%|
Available Alternatives for RILUTOR 50MG TAB
What are the commonly available Substitutes?
|RILUTOR 50MG TAB||INR 200 for 10 TABLETS||RILUZOLE 50 MG|
What are the other drugs with similar Ingredients?