- 1 Overview
- 2 Usage
- 3 Frequently Asked Questions
- 4 Precautions for PROTEOZ 2MG INJ and its Constituents
- 5 Symptoms of Overdosage
- 6 Common Side-Effects
- 7 Serious Side-Effects
- 8 Rare Side-Effects
- 9 Food Interactions
- 10 Disease Interactions
- 11 Technical Classification
- 12 Available Alternatives for PROTEOZ 2MG INJ
- 13 Share this:
- 14 Like this:
- 15 Related Articles
OverviewPROTEOZ 2MG INJ is a Schedule H drug.
PROTEOZ 2MG INJ is composed of: BORTEZOMIB (2.0 MG)
Bortezomib belongs to the group of cancer-fighting medications known as antineoplastics. It works by killing cancer cells.Bortezomib is used to treat multiple myeloma and mantle cell lymphoma. Bortezomib is also used to treat mantle cell lymphoma (a type of non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma) for people who have not previously been treated, are unsuitable for stem cell transplantation, and for people who have become resistant to other medications or who have experienced a relapse. Bortezomib is used as targeted therapy.
UsageBORTEZOMIB is generally used to treat: Multiple Myeloma, Mantle Cell Lymphoma
BORTEZOMIB can address symptoms like: Fatigue (tiredness), Confusion
Frequently Asked QuestionsQ: Is it safe on my liver?
A: Not Safe
Q: Is it safe on my kidney?
A: Not Safe
Q: Can I take it with alcohol?
A: Not Safe
Q: Is it safe for children?
A: Ask your doctor
Q: Is it safe to take for someone breastfeeding?
A: Not Safe
Precautions for PROTEOZ 2MG INJ and its Constituents
- Before using this medication, tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are allergic to it; or if you have any other allergies. This product may contain inactive ingredients (such as boron, mannitol), which can cause allergic reactions or other problems.
- To minimize dizziness and lightheadedness, get up slowly when rising from a seated or lying position.This drug may make you dizzy or cause vision changes.
- Do not drive, use machinery, or do any activity that requires alertness or clear vision until you are sure you can perform such activities safely.
- Limit alcoholic beverages.
- Do not have immunizations/vaccinations without the consent of your doctor and avoid contact with people who have recently received oral polio vaccine.
- Use caution with sharp objects like safety razors or nail cutters and avoid activities such as contact sports to lower the chance of getting cut, bruised, or injured.
- Talk to your pharmacist for more details.Before using this medication, tell your doctor or pharmacist your medical history, especially of, nerve sensation problems, heart disease, low blood pressure, loss of body fluids (dehydration), diabetes, liver disease, severe kidney disease, certain viral infection (herpes, shingles).
Symptoms of OverdosageBORTEZOMIB over-dosage can result in: Fainting, Fever, Dizziness
Common Side-EffectsBORTEZOMIB : Amyloidosis, Anemia, Vision Problems, Dizziness, Low Blood Sugar, Edema, Anxiety, Insomnia, Lymphadenopathy, Acute Febrile Neutrophilic Dermatosis, Hemolytic Anemia, Thrombocytopenia Purpura, Essential Tremor, Fatigue (tiredness), Loss Of Appetite, Nausea, Eyes Yellow Eyes, Dark Colored (brown) Urine, Change In Stools, Abdomen Pain, Dizziness, Loose Motion, Constipation, Eyes Blurred Vision, Abdomen Bloating Or Fullness, Black (tar) Colored Stools, Gums Bleeding, Chills, Confusion, Cough, Decreased Urination, Dry Mouth, Fever, Loss Of Voice, Lower Back Pain, Difficulty Urinating, Runny Nose, Rapid Breathing, Sneezing, Increased Thirst
Serious Side-EffectsBORTEZOMIB : BLOOD CLOT, Heart Failure, Heart Arrhythmias, Hypotension, Seizure, Thrombocytopenia, Neutropenia, Peripheral Neuropathy, Paresthesia, Loose Motion, Shortness Of Breath, Head Headache, Stiff Neck, Weight Loss (unintentional), Fainting, Cough, Chest Pain, Throat Soreness, Heartburn
Rare Side-EffectsBORTEZOMIB : Face Discomfort, Slow Or Irregular Breathing, Face Swelling, Fingers Swelling, Feet Swelling, Legs Swelling, Hands Tingling, Feet Tingling, Weight Gain
- Citrus fruits: Patients should avoid taking extra vitamin C (ascorbic acid) supplements and vitamin C-containing multi-vitamins during their bortezomib therapy. Ascorbic Acid may diminish the therapeutic effect of Bortezomib.
- Green Tea: Green Tea may diminish the anti neoplastic effect of Bortezomib. Avoid concurrent use of green tea extract and other green tea products during treatment with bortezomib.
Disease InteractionsBORTEZOMIB can interfere with: Hypotension, Diabetes Mellitus, Peripheral Neuropathy, Thrombocytopenia
Technical ClassificationBORTEZOMIB is categorized as: PROTEASOME INHIBITORS / ANTINEOPLASTICS
Available Alternatives for PROTEOZ 2MG INJ
What are the commonly available Substitutes?
|BAXIMIB 2MG INJ||INR 15727.4 for 1 INJECTION||BORTEZOMIB 2.0 MG|
|BIOCURE 2MG INJ||INR 15852.4 for 1 INJECTION||BORTEZOMIB 2.0 MG|
|BIOCURE INJ||INR 15852.4 for 1 INJECTION||BORTEZOMIB 2 MG|
|BORTECAD 2MG INJ||INR 15201.5 for 1 INJECTION||BORTEZOMIB 2.0 MG|
|BORTEMAP 2MG INJ||INR 11308.5 for 1 INJECTION||BORTEZOMIB 2.0 MG|
|BORTENAT 2MG INJ||INR 12688 for 1 INJECTION||BORTEZOMIB 2.0 MG|
|BORTETOR 2MG INJ||INR 11982 for 1 INJECTION||BORTEZOMIB 2 MG|
|BORTETRUST 2MG INJ||INR 11904.8 for 1 INJECTION||BORTEZOMIB 2.0 MG|
|BORTRAC 2MG INJ||INR 3999 for 1 INJECTION||BORTEZOMIB 2.0 MG|
|BORVIZ 2MG INJ||INR 15864.8 for 1 INJECTION||BORTEZOMIB 2.0 MG|
|MYEZOM 2MG INJ||INR 13125 for 1 INJECTION||BORTEZOMIB 2 MG|
|ORTEZ 2MG INJ||INR 12696.1 for 1 INJECTION||BORTEZOMIB 2.0 MG|
|PROTEOZ 2MG INJ||INR 11542.8 for 1 INJECTION||BORTEZOMIB 2.0 MG|
|TAZENTA 2MG INJ||INR 13115 for 1 INJECTION||BORTEZOMIB 2.0 MG|
|VELTIP 2MG INJ||INR 15507 for 1 INJECTION||BORTEZOMIB 2.0 MG|
|ZOMIBET 2MG INJ||INR 12200 for 1 INJECTION||BORTEZOMIB 2.0 MG|
What are the other drugs with similar Ingredients?
|BORTENAT 3.5MG INJ||INR 12500 for 1 INJECTION||BORTEZOMIB 3.5 MG|
|BORTRAC 3.5MG INJ||INR 12019.2 for 1 INJECTION||BORTEZOMIB 3.5 MG|
|MYEZOM 3.5MG INJ||INR 18522 for 1 INJECTION||BORTEZOMIB 3.5 MG|
|MYEZOM 3.5MGINJ||INR 18522 for 1 INJECTION||BORTEZOMIB 3.5 MG|
|VELCADE 3.5GM INJ||INR 60940.4 for 1 INJECTION||BORTEZOMIB 3.5 MG|
|VELCADE 3.5MG INJ||INR 60940.4 for 1 INJECTION||BORTEZOMIB 3.5 MG|