- 1 Overview
- 2 Usage
- 3 Frequently Asked Questions
- 4 Precautions for PRADAXA 150MG CAP and its Constituents
- 5 Symptoms of Overdosage
- 6 Common Side-Effects
- 7 Serious Side-Effects
- 8 Rare Side-Effects
- 9 Disease Interactions
- 10 Technical Classification
- 11 Available Alternatives for PRADAXA 150MG CAP
- 12 Share this:
- 13 Like this:
- 14 Related Articles
OverviewPRADAXA 150MG CAP is an Over-the-counter (OTC) drug.
PRADAXA 150MG CAP is composed of: DABIGATRAN (150.0 MG)
Dabigatran is an anticoagulant (thrombin inhibitor) that helps prevent the formation of blood clots. Dabigatran is used to prevent blood clots and to reduce the risk of stroke in people with a certain type of heart rhythm disorder. Dabigatran is also used to treat or prevent blood clots in the veins of your legs (Deep Vein Thrombosis), or the veins in your lungs (pulmonary embolism, or PE). Dabigatran is an anticoagulant that works by blocking a certain substance (a clotting protein called thrombin) in your blood. This helps to keep blood flowing smoothly in your body.
UsageDABIGATRAN is generally used to treat: Deep Vein Thrombosis, Pulmonary Embolism, BLOOD CLOT
Frequently Asked QuestionsQ: Is it safe on my liver?
A: Not Safe
Q: Is it safe on my kidney?
A: Not Safe
Q: Can I take it with alcohol?
A: Not Safe
Q: Is it safe for children?
A: Ask your doctor
Q: Can it be taken during pregnancy?
A: Not enough studies to prove Risk – Ask your Doctor
Precautions for PRADAXA 150MG CAP and its Constituents
- Before taking dabigatran, tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are allergic to it or if you have any other allergies. This product may contain inactive ingredients, which can cause allergic reactions or other problems.
- Before using this medication, tell your doctor or pharmacist your medical history, especially of: mechanical heart valve, kidney disease, bleeding problems, blood disorders, liver disease, recent major injury/surgery, stroke, frequent falls/injuries.
- It is important that all your doctors and dentists know that you take dabigatran. Before having surgery or any medical/dental procedures,
- Avoid getting injections into the muscles. If you must have an injection into the muscle, ask for it to be given in the arm. This way, it will be easier to check for bleeding and/or apply pressure bandages.
- This medication may cause stomach bleeding. Daily use of alcohol while using this medicine may increase your risk for stomach bleeding. Limit alcoholic beverages.
- This medication can cause heavy bleeding. To lower the chance of getting cut, bruised, or injured, use caution with sharp objects like razors and nail cutters, and avoid activities such as contact sports. If you fall or injure yourself, especially if you hit your head, call your doctor right away.
- Older adults may be at greater risk for bleeding while using this drug.
- During pregnancy, this medication should be used only when clearly needed. Discuss the risks and benefits with your doctor.
- It is unknown if this medication passes into breast milk. Consult your doctor before breast-feeding.
Symptoms of OverdosageDABIGATRAN over-dosage can result in: Black (tar) Colored Stools, Bloody Or Red Colored Stools, Dark Colored (brown) Urine
Common Side-EffectsDABIGATRAN : Acidity, Diarrhoea, Indigestion, Belching, Black (tar) Colored Stools, Bloody Or Red Colored Stools, Constipation, Spots On Throat, Abdomen Discomfort, Vomit, Bloody Or Red Colored Vomit
Serious Side-EffectsDABIGATRAN : Abdomen Upset Stomach, Nausea, Abdomen Pain, Heartburn
Rare Side-EffectsDABIGATRAN : Skin Rash, Dry Skin, Itchy Skin, Allergic Skin Disease, Cough, Difficulty Swallowing, Dizziness, Fainting, Rapid Heart Rate (pulse), Slow Or Irregular Breathing, Chest Discomfort, Fatigue (tiredness), Weakness (generalized)
Disease InteractionsDABIGATRAN can interfere with: Heart Failure
Technical ClassificationDABIGATRAN is categorized as: THROMBIN INHIBITORS / ANTICOAGULANTS / COAGULATION MODIFIERS
Available Alternatives for PRADAXA 150MG CAP
What are the commonly available Substitutes?
|DABIGO 150MG TAB||INR 280 for 10TABLETS||DABIGATRAN 150 MG|
|DABISTAR 150MG CAP||INR 260 for 10CAPSULES||DABIGATRAN 150 MG|
|PRADAXA 150MG CAP||INR 718 for 10 CAPSULES||DABIGATRAN 150.0 MG|
|PRADAXA 150MG CAPS||INR 4308 for 60 CAPSULES||DABIGATRAN 150 MG|
What are the other drugs with similar Ingredients?
|AFOGATRAN 110 MG CAP||INR 250 for 10CAPSULES||DABIGATRAN 110 MG|
|DABIGO 110MG TAB||INR 240 for 10TABLETS||DABIGATRAN 110 MG|
|DABIGO 75MG TAB||INR 200 for 10TABLETS||DABIGATRAN 75 MG|
|DABISTAR 110MG CAP||INR 240 for 10CAPSULES||DABIGATRAN 110 MG|
|DABISTAR 75MG CAP||INR 200 for 10CAPSULES||DABIGATRAN 75 MG|
|PRADAXA 110MG CAP||INR 718 for 10 CAPSULES||DABIGATRAN 110.0 MG|
|PRADAXA 110MG CAPS||INR 4308 for 60 CAPSULES||DABIGATRAN 110 MG|
|PRADAXA 75MG CAP||INR 718 for 10 CAPSULES||DABIGATRAN 75 MG|
|PRADAXA 75MG CAPULE||INR 718 for 10 CAPSULES||DABIGATRAN 75.0 MG|