- 1 Overview
- 2 Usage
- 3 Frequently Asked Questions
- 4 Precautions for OVACARE FORTE TAB and its Constituents
- 5 Symptoms of Overdosage
- 6 Common Side-Effects
- 7 Serious Side-Effects
- 8 Technical Classification
- 9 Prescription Statistics
- 9.1 How Frequently is it taken?
- 9.2 How long was it prescribed?
- 9.3 What is the break-up across patient age-group?
- 9.4 What is the gender-breakup across patients?
- 9.5 What kind of doctors prescribe this medicine?
- 9.6 Most common Medicines advised along-side?
- 9.7 Most common Diagnostic/Lab Tests advised along-side?
- 10 Available Alternatives for OVACARE FORTE TAB
- 11 Share this:
- 12 Like this:
- 13 Related Articles
OverviewOVACARE FORTE TAB is a Schedule H drug.
OVACARE FORTE TAB is composed of: MYO INOSITOL ( ), D-CHIRO-INOSITOL ( ), ACETYLCYSTEINE ( )
Acetylcysteine is a drug that breaks down mucus, the substance that lubricates many parts of the body such as the mouth, throat, and lungs.Acetylcysteine inhalation is used to thin the mucus in people with certain lung conditions such as cystic fibrosis, emphysema, bronchitis, pneumonia, or tuberculosis. Acetylcysteine inhalation is also used during surgery or anesthesia, and to prepare the throat or lungs for a medical test.Acetylcysteine is used as mucolytic and paracetamol toxicity. It acts as mucolytic (loosen mucus in airways) when used in oral preparations while when used as injection it treats paracetamol overdose toxicity.It thins and loosens mucus (phlegm) making it easier to cough out. It also works as an antidote in paracetamol poisoning by replenishing the body’s stores of glutathione, a chemical that removes toxic substances.
UsageACETYLCYSTEINE is generally used to treat: Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Bronchitis, Pneumonia, Tuberculosis, ARDS (Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome), Bronchiectasis, Amyloidosis
Frequently Asked QuestionsQ: Is it safe on my liver?
A: Not Safe
Q: Is it safe on my kidney?
A: Check with your Doctor first
Q: Can I take it with alcohol?
A: Not Safe
Q: Is it safe for children?
A: Ask your doctor
Q: Can it be taken during pregnancy?
A: Considered as Generally Safe – not enough studies to prove risk
Q: Is it safe to take for someone breastfeeding?
A: Not Safe
Precautions for OVACARE FORTE TAB and its Constituents
- Do not start or continue the acetyl cysteine if you are allergic to acetyl cysteine.
- Consult your doctor before starting acetyl cysteine if you have lung diseases like asthma and bronchospasm.
- Follow all directions on your medicine label and package. Tell each of your healthcare providers about all your medical conditions, allergies, and all medicines you use.
- You should not use acetylcysteine inhalation if you are allergic to it.Follow all directions on your prescription label.
- Do not use this medicine in larger or smaller amounts or for longer than recommended.Acetylcysteine inhalation solution can be inhaled directly from the nebulizer or with a face mask, mouth piece, tent, or intermittent positive pressure breathing (IPPB) machine.
- Use only the inhaler device provided with your medicine or you may not get the correct dose.
- Do not place this medicine directly into a heated nebulizer medicine chamber.
- Do not mix your dose of acetylcysteine inhalation until you are ready to use the medicine.
Symptoms of OverdosageACETYLCYSTEINE over-dosage can result in: Difficulty Breathing
Common Side-EffectsACETYLCYSTEINE : Skin Rash, Itchy Skin, Nausea, Abdomen Upset Stomach, Vomit, Fever, Runny Nose, Drowsiness, Throat Soreness
Serious Side-EffectsACETYLCYSTEINE : Difficulty Breathing, Chest Pain
Technical ClassificationACETYLCYSTEINE is categorized as:
- ANTIDOTES / MISCELLANEOUS AGENTS
- MUCOLYTICS / RESPIRATORY INHALANT PRODUCTS / RESPIRATORY AGENTS
Prescription StatisticsFollowing information is taken from treatment plans advised by our doctors. This is Only for informational purpose and you must seek doctor’s advice if you are not well.
How Frequently is it taken?
|2 Times Daily||9%|
How long was it prescribed?
What is the break-up across patient age-group?
|12 to 18yrs||9%|
|18 to 35yrs||91%|
What is the gender-breakup across patients?
What kind of doctors prescribe this medicine?
|Gynaecologist And Obstetrician||13%|
Most common Medicines advised along-side?
|FOL XT TAB||22%|
|CLOFERT 100MG TAB||17%|
|LETROZ 2.5MG TAB||13%|
Most common Diagnostic/Lab Tests advised along-side?
|USG PELVIS (RADIOLOGY)||22%|
|FOLLICULAR STUDY (RADIOLOGY)||17%|
|AMH TEST (ENDOCRINOLOGY)||13%|
|SERUM LH (ENDOCRINOLOGY)||13%|
|VDRL TEST (SEROLOGY)||13%|
Available Alternatives for OVACARE FORTE TAB
What are the commonly available Substitutes?
|OVACARE FORTE TAB||INR 273 for 12 TABLETS||L-ARGININE , MYO INOSITOL , D-CHIRO-INOSITOL , ACETYLCYSTEINE|