- 1 Overview
- 2 Usage
- 3 Frequently Asked Questions
- 4 Precautions for NALTIMA TAB and its Constituents
- 5 Common Side-Effects
- 6 Serious Side-Effects
- 7 Rare Side-Effects
- 8 Disease Interactions
- 9 Technical Classification
- 10 Prescription Statistics
- 11 Available Alternatives for NALTIMA TAB
- 12 Share this:
- 13 Like this:
- 14 Related Articles
OverviewNALTIMA TAB is a Schedule X drug.
NALTIMA TAB is composed of: NALTREXONE (50 MG)
Naltrexone is an opioid antagonist, prescribed for management of alcoholism and addiction to opioid drugs. Naltrexone is prescribed either alone or with other medications. It blocks the receptors in the brain in order to terminate the action of opioids. It works by blocking the euphoric feelings (highs) that you may experience after taking opiates and alcohol. This reduces craving and helps you remain off of them.Naltrexone is not a cure for drug addiction or alcoholism.
UsageNALTREXONE is generally used to treat: Drug Abuse, Alcoholism, Addiction
NALTREXONE can address symptoms like: Excessive Drinking (alcohol)
Frequently Asked QuestionsQ: Is it safe on my liver?
A: Not Safe
Q: Is it safe on my kidney?
A: Not Safe
Q: Can I take it with alcohol?
A: Not Safe
Q: Is it safe for children?
A: Ask your doctor
Q: Can it be taken during pregnancy?
A: Not enough studies to prove Risk – Ask your Doctor
Precautions for NALTIMA TAB and its Constituents
- Do not take naltrexone if you still use opioid medicine, or you could have sudden and severe withdrawal symptoms.
- You should not use naltrexone if you are allergic to it.
- Follow all directions on your prescription label. Your doctor may occasionally change your dose to make sure you get the best results. Do not use this medicine in larger or smaller amounts or for longer than recommended.Take the naltrexone tablet with a full glass of water.
- Naltrexone may be taken with food if it upsets your stomach.
- Use naltrexone regularly to get the most benefit.
- Wear a medical alert tag or carry an ID card stating that you use naltrexone. Any medical care provider who treats you should know that you are using this medicine.
- Do not take extra medicine to make up the missed dose.
- Do not use narcotic medication, heroin, or other street drugs while you are taking naltrexone.Ask your doctor before using any medicine to treat a cold, cough, diarrhea, or pain. These medicines may contain narcotics or alcohol.
- Naltrexone may impair your thinking or reactions. Be careful if you drive or do anything that requires you to be alert.
- Naltrexone is not recommended in children.
Common Side-EffectsNALTREXONE : Skin Rash, Insomnia, Muscle Pain, Joint Pain, Toothache, Head Headache, Dizziness, Drowsiness, Abdomen Pain, Nervousness, Vomit, Difficulty Sleeping, Restless Or Irritability, Fatigue (tiredness)
Serious Side-EffectsNALTREXONE : Anxiety, Hyperactive Behavior
Rare Side-EffectsNALTREXONE : Depression, Itchy Skin, Eyes Blurred Vision, Abdomen Stomach Cramps, Eyes Pain, Eyes Burn, Chest Pain, Confusion, Fever, Frequent Urination, Hallucinations, Mood Swings, Shortness Of Breath, Ringing In Ears, Weight Gain, Face Swelling, Feet Swelling
Disease InteractionsNALTREXONE can interfere with: Acute Renal Failure, Acute Liver Failure
Technical ClassificationNALTREXONE is categorized as:
- ANTIDOTES / MISCELLANEOUS AGENTS
- DRUGS USED IN ALCOHOL DEPENDENCE / CENTRAL NERVOUS SYSTEM AGENTS
Prescription StatisticsFollowing information is taken from treatment plans advised by our doctors. This is Only for informational purpose and you must seek doctor’s advice if you are not well.
How Frequently is it taken?
How long was it prescribed?
What is the break-up across patient age-group?
|18 to 35yrs||33%|
|35 to 50yrs||50%|
|50 to 60yrs||18%|
What is the gender-breakup across patients?
What kind of doctors prescribe this medicine?
Most common Medicines advised along-side?
|ANXOZAP 10MG TAB||54%|
|OXETOL XR TAB||42%|
|OLEANZ 2.5MG TAB||32%|
|LONAZEP-MD 0.25MG TAB||23%|
|BENFOMET PLUS TAB||18%|
|LIBRIUM TAB 10MG||18%|
|OXETOL XR 900MG TAB||12%|
|ETILAAM-MD 0.25MG TAB||12%|
|NEXITO 10MG TAB||11%|
|UDILIV 300MG TAB||11%|
Available Alternatives for NALTIMA TAB
What are the commonly available Substitutes?
|NALTIMA TAB||INR 543 for 10 TABLETS||NALTREXONE 50 MG|
What are the other drugs with similar Ingredients?
|NALCON 50MG TAB||INR 553.87 for 10 TABLETS||NALTREXONE 50.0 MG|
|NALTIMA 50MG TAB||INR 703 for 10 TABLETS||NALTREXONE 50.0 MG|
|NODICT 50MG TAB||INR 650 for 10 TABLETS||NALTREXONE 50.0 MG|
|NODICT TAB||INR 400 for 10 TABLETS||NALTREXONE 50 MG|