- 1 Overview
- 2 Usage
- 3 Frequently Asked Questions
- 4 How Do I Take It?
- 5 Precautions for MOXYLONG SS 250MG/250MG TAB and its Constituents
- 6 Symptoms of Overdosage
- 7 Common Side-Effects
- 8 Serious Side-Effects
- 9 Rare Side-Effects
- 10 Disease Interactions
- 11 Technical Classification
- 12 Available Alternatives for MOXYLONG SS 250MG/250MG TAB
- 13 Share this:
- 14 Like this:
- 15 Related Articles
OverviewMOXYLONG SS 250MG/250MG TAB is a Schedule H1 antibiotic.
MOXYLONG SS 250MG/250MG TAB is composed of: AMOXICILLIN (250.0 MG), PROBENECID (250.0 MG)
Amoxicillin is a prescription medication used to treat certain bacterial infections such as pneumonia, bronchitis, gonorrhea, and certain types of ulcers. Amoxicillin is a penicillin antibiotic that fights bacteria. It can also treat bacterial infections of the ears, nose, throat, urinary tract, and skin. This medication belongs to a group of drugs called penicillin antibiotics, which work by blocking the growth of bacteria. Common side effects of amoxicillin include nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, and headache. However, the drug will not work against infections caused by viruses such as cold and flu.
Probenecid helps your body pass uric acid out through the urine, which lowers the levels of uric acid in the body. Probenecid is used to treat gout and gouty arthritis. Probenecid is also sometimes given together with penicillin antibiotics to make them more effective.
UsageAMOXICILLIN is generally used to treat: Bacterial Infection, Tonsillitis, Bronchitis, Pneumonia, Gonorrhea, Ear Infection, Middle Ear, Nose Inflammation, Deep Skin Infection, Urinary Tract Infection
PROBENECID is generally used to treat: Gout, Arthritis
Frequently Asked QuestionsQ: Is it safe on my liver?
A: Not Safe
Q: Is it safe on my kidney?
A: Not Safe
Q: Can I take it with alcohol?
A: Not Safe
Q: Is it safe for children?
A: Not Advised for age < 1month
Q: Can it be taken during pregnancy?
A: Considered as Generally Safe – not enough studies to prove risk
Q: Is it safe to take for someone breastfeeding?
A: Not Safe
How Do I Take It?MOXYLONG SS 250MG/250MG TAB is generally taken With Food.
Precautions for MOXYLONG SS 250MG/250MG TAB and its Constituents
- To make sure amoxicillin is safe for you, tell your doctor if you have, asthma, liver or kidney disease, mononucleosis, and a history of diarrhea caused by taking antibiotics.
- If you are being treated for gonorrhea, your doctor may also have you tested for syphilis, another sexually transmitted disease.
- Amoxicillin is not expected to harm an unborn baby. Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant during treatment.
- Amoxicillin can make birth control pills less effective. Ask your doctor about using non hormonal birth control (condom, diaphragm with spermicide) to prevent pregnancy while taking this medicine.
- Amoxicillin can pass into breast milk and may harm a nursing baby. Tell your doctor if you are breast-feeding a baby.
- Caution should be exercised in patients with history of liver and kidney diseases, peptic ulcer, infectious mononucleosis, during pregnancy and breast feeding.
- It’s important to know that once you start a course of amoxicillin, you should finish the whole course.
- Do not stop taking amoxicillin, even if you feel better, instead, finish your entire prescription.
- Not treating your infection completely can make it come back stronger. Stopping amoxicillin too soon can also lead to bacteria that are resistant to it.
- Elderly adults may need to take lower doses of amoxicillin.
- Always tell your doctor if you have allergies to any medications, especially to antibiotics.
Caution should be exercised in patients with
Symptoms of OverdosageAMOXICILLIN over-dosage can result in: Confusion, Unusual Behavior, Decreased Urination, Seizures (uncontrollable Jerking Of Limbs)
PROBENECID over-dosage can result in: Nausea, Vomit, Abdomen Upset Stomach, Seizures (uncontrollable Jerking Of Limbs)
Common Side-EffectsAMOXICILLIN : Yeast Infection, Abdomen Upset Stomach, Loose Motion, Vomit
PROBENECID : Blood Or Red Colored Urine, Pain With Urination, Lower Back Pain, Nausea, Loss Of Appetite, Dizziness, Vomit, Frequent Urination
Serious Side-EffectsAMOXICILLIN : Skin Rash, Jaundice, Hives, Body Bruising, Seizures (uncontrollable Jerking Of Limbs), Fatigue (tiredness), Face Swelling, Swollen Tongue, Chest Pain, Difficulty Breathing
PROBENECID : Lower Back Pain, Pain With Urination, Easy Bruising, Fever, Throat Soreness, Abdomen Pain, Fatigue (tiredness), Dark Colored (brown) Urine, Eyes Yellow Eyes
Rare Side-EffectsPROBENECID : Face Swelling, Dizziness, Difficulty Breathing
Disease InteractionsPROBENECID can interfere with: Anemia, Diarrhoea, Vomiting, Nephropathy, Gout, Peptic Ulcer, Acute Renal Failure
Technical ClassificationAMOXICILLIN is categorized as: AMINOPENICILLINS / PENICILLINS / ANTI-INFECTIVES
PROBENECID is categorized as: ANTIGOUT AGENTS / METABOLIC AGENTS
Available Alternatives for MOXYLONG SS 250MG/250MG TAB
What are the commonly available Substitutes?
|MOXYLONG SS 250MG/250MG TAB||INR 40.3 for 10 TABLETS||AMOXICILLIN 250.0 MG, PROBENECID 250.0 MG|
What are the other drugs with similar Ingredients?
|MOXYLONG DS 500MG/500MG TAB||INR 75.42 for 10 TABLETS||AMOXICILLIN 500.0 MG, PROBENECID 500.0 MG|