- 1 Overview
- 2 Usage
- 3 Frequently Asked Questions
- 4 Precautions for MITOZAN 20MG INJ and its Constituents
- 5 Common Side-Effects
- 6 Serious Side-Effects
- 7 Rare Side-Effects
- 8 Disease Interactions
- 9 Technical Classification
- 10 Available Alternatives for MITOZAN 20MG INJ
- 11 Share this:
- 12 Like this:
- 13 Related Articles
OverviewMITOZAN 20MG INJ is a Schedule H drug.
MITOZAN 20MG INJ is composed of: MITOXANTRONE (20.0 MG)
Mitoxantrone is a cancer medication that interferes with the growth and spread of cancer cells in the body.Mitoxantrone is also used to treat the symptoms of relapsing multiple sclerosis. This medication will not cure multiple sclerosis.It works by stopping the growth and spread of cancer cells.It works by damaging the genetic material (DNA) of the cancer cells and stops their growth and multiplication.
UsageMITOXANTRONE is generally used to treat: Prostate Cancer, Leukemia, Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia, Leukemia, Myeloid, Breast Cancer, Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma
MITOXANTRONE can address symptoms like: Frequent Urination, Frequent Urge To Urinate, Frequent Nighttime Urination, Difficulty Urinating, Urine Leaking (incontinence)
Frequently Asked QuestionsQ: Is it safe on my liver?
A: Not Safe
Q: Is it safe on my kidney?
A: Not Safe
Q: Can I take it with alcohol?
A: Not Safe
Q: Is it safe for children?
A: Ask your doctor
Q: Can it be taken during pregnancy?
A: Studies indicate Risk – Doctor advice is must
Precautions for MITOZAN 20MG INJ and its Constituents
- You should not use this medication if you are allergic to mitoxantrone.
- Do not use mitoxantrone if you are pregnant.
- You may need to have a negative pregnancy test before each injection of mitoxantrone.
- Your heart rate may need to be checked using an electrocardiographMitoxantrone may cause your urine to turn a blue-green color. You may also notice a bluish discoloration of the whites of your eyes. This side effect should last only a few days and is not harmful.
- You must remain under the care of a doctor while receiving mitoxantrone.
- Avoid being near people who are sick or have infections. Tell your doctor at once if you develop signs of infection.
- Avoid activities that may increase your risk of bleeding or injury. Use extra care to prevent bleeding while shaving or brushing your teeth.
- Mitoxantrone can pass into body fluids (urine, feces, vomit). For at least 48 hours after you receive a dose, avoid allowing your body fluids to come into contact with your hands or other surfaces.
- Caregivers should wear rubber gloves while cleaning up a patient’s body fluids, handling contaminated trash or laundry or changing diapers.
- Wash hands before and after removing gloves.
- Wash soiled clothing and linens separately from other laundry.
- Do not receive a live vaccine while you are using mitoxantrone.
- Take precautions by staying hydrated especially if vomiting or diarrhea occurs.
Common Side-EffectsMITOXANTRONE : Constipation, Diarrhoea, Seizure, Nausea, Abdomen Pain, Hair Loss, Missed Or Late Menstrual Period, Fatigue (tiredness), Runny Nose, Cough, Dizziness, Fainting, Pale Skin, Blood Or Red Colored Urine, Fever, Chills, Decreased Urination, Feet Swelling, Eyes Redness, Eyes Yellow Eyes, Sneezing
Serious Side-EffectsMITOXANTRONE : Mouth Ulcer, Upper Respiratory Tract Infections, Urinary Tract Infection, Anemia, Black (tar) Colored Stools, Shortness Of Breath, Cloudy Urine With Strong Odor, Irregular Heartbeat, Pain With Urination, Lower Back Pain, Frequent Urge To Urinate, Mouth Swelling, Mouth Soreness, Difficulty Breathing, Irregular Menstrual Periods, Back Pain, Body Pain, Head Headache, Throat Soreness, Eyes Pain, Neck Enlarged Or Swollen Glands
Rare Side-EffectsMITOXANTRONE : Skin Rash
Disease InteractionsMITOXANTRONE can interfere with: Bacterial Infection, Viral Inection, Fungal Infection, Protozoal Infection, Acute Liver Failure, Fever, Bone Marrow Suppression, Hyperuricemia
Technical ClassificationMITOXANTRONE is categorized as: ANTIBIOTICS/ANTINEOPLASTICS / ANTINEOPLASTICS
Available Alternatives for MITOZAN 20MG INJ
What are the commonly available Substitutes?
|MITOZAN 20MG INJ||INR 343.57 for 10 ML INJECTION||MITOXANTRONE 20.0 MG|
What are the other drugs with similar Ingredients?
|ONCOTRON 2MG INJ||INR 467 for 10 ML INJECTION||MITOXANTRONE 2.0 MG|
|SCLEROXIL INJ||INR 461.06 for 10 ML INJECTION||MITOXANTRONE|