- 1 Overview
- 2 Usage
- 3 Frequently Asked Questions
- 4 Precautions for MELAFECT CRM and its Constituents
- 5 Symptoms of Overdosage
- 6 Common Side-Effects
- 7 Serious Side-Effects
- 8 Technical Classification
- 9 Available Alternatives for MELAFECT CRM
- 10 Share this:
- 11 Like this:
- 12 Related Articles
OverviewMELAFECT CRM is a Schedule H drug.
MELAFECT CRM is composed of: FLUOCINOLONE ( ), HYDROQUINONE ( ), TRETINOIN ( )
Fluocinolone is a steroid medicine. It prevents the release of substances in the body that cause inflammation. Fluocinolone ophthalmic (for the eye) implant is used to treat inflammation within the eye that is caused by disease or infection. The implant slowly releases fluocinolone into the eye over a period of approximately 30 months. Fluocinolone is not an antibiotic and will not treat an eye infection.
Hydroquinone decreases the formation of melanin in the skin. Melanin is the pigment in skin that gives it a brown color.Hydroquinone is a skin lightening medication. It works by reducing the amount of a pigment (melanin) that causes darkening of skin.This medicine works by blocking the process in the skin that leads to discoloration
UsageFLUOCINOLONE is generally used to treat: Eyelid Inflammation
HYDROQUINONE is generally used to treat: Melasma
HYDROQUINONE can address symptoms like: Body Discoloration, Chin Discoloration, Nose Discoloration
Frequently Asked QuestionsQ: Is it safe on my liver?
A: Check with your Doctor first
Q: Is it safe on my kidney?
A: Check with your Doctor first
Q: Can I take it with alcohol?
A: Not Safe
Q: Is it safe for children?
A: Not Advised for age < 12yrs
Q: Can it be taken during pregnancy?
A: Not enough studies to prove Risk – Ask your Doctor
Q: Is it safe to take for someone breastfeeding?
A: Not Safe
Precautions for MELAFECT CRM and its Constituents
Do not use other eye medications unless your doctor tells you to. Ask your doctor before wearing contact lenses after receiving the fluocinolone ophthalmic implant. This medicine may cause blurred vision and may impair your thinking or reactions. Be careful if you drive or do anything that requires you to be alert and able to see clearly.
- You should not use hydroquinone topical if you are allergic to hydroquinone or peroxide.
- Do not use this medicine without a doctor’s advice if you are pregnant.
- Do not use this medicine without a doctor’s advice if you are breast-feeding a baby.
- Hydroquinone topical is usually applied each morning and at bedtime. Use exactly as directed on the label, or as prescribed by your doctor.
- Do not use in larger or smaller amounts or for longer than recommended.Hydroquinone topical is for use only on the skin. Avoid getting this medicine on your lips or inside your nose or mouth. Hydroquinone may cause numbness of these areas.
- Do not use hydroquinone topical on open wounds or on sunburned, windburned, dry, chapped, or irritated skin.
- Wash your hands before and after applying this medicine.
- Apply this medicine only to the affected skin areas that need to be lightened.
- Call your doctor if your symptoms do not improve after 2 months of treatment with hydroquinone topical.
- Use hydroquinone topical regularly to get the most benefit.
- Do not use extra medicine to make up the missed dose.
- Avoid exposure to sunlight or tanning beds. Hydroquinone topical can make you sunburn more easily. Wear protective clothing and use sunscreen when you are outdoors. Some hydroquinone products may contain sunscreen. Check the medicine label or ask your doctor to be sure.
- Avoid getting hydroquinone topical in your eyes.
- Hydroquinone topical may make your skin more sensitive to weather extremes such as cold and wind.
- Protect your skin with clothing and use a moisturizing lotion as needed.
- Using hydroquinone topical together with benzoyl peroxide, hydrogen peroxide, or other peroxide products may stain your skin.
- This staining can usually be removed with soap and water.Avoid using skin products that can cause irritation, such as harsh soaps, shampoos, or skin cleansers, hair coloring or permanent chemicals, hair removers or waxes, or skin products with alcohol, spices, astringents, or lime.
- Please use hydroquinone products carefully.
- Its skin bleaching action may produce unwanted cosmetic effects if not used as directed.
Symptoms of OverdosageFLUOCINOLONE over-dosage can result in: Eyes Blurred Vision
HYDROQUINONE over-dosage can result in: Seizures (uncontrollable Jerking Of Limbs)
Common Side-EffectsFLUOCINOLONE : Glaucoma, Eyes Blurred Vision
HYDROQUINONE : Contact Dermatitis, Skin Rash, Dry Skin, Pimples, Skin Irritation, Body Burn, Body Itching, Redness, Pale Skin
Serious Side-EffectsFLUOCINOLONE : Eyes Blindness, Eyes Blurred Vision, Eyes Itching, Eyes Burn, Eyes Dry Eyes, Eyes Pain, Eyes Swelling, Eyes Redness
Technical ClassificationFLUOCINOLONE is categorized as: OPHTHALMIC STEROIDS / OPHTHALMIC PREPARATIONS / TOPICAL AGENTS
HYDROQUINONE is categorized as: TOPICAL DEPIGMENTING AGENTS / DERMATOLOGICAL AGENTS / TOPICAL AGENTS
Available Alternatives for MELAFECT CRM
What are the commonly available Substitutes?
|LITETONE CRM||INR 162.65 for 20 GM CREAM||TRETINOIN , HYDROQUINONE , FLUOCINOLONE|
|MELAFECT CRM||INR 99 for 15 GM CREAM||HYDROQUINONE , FLUOCINOLONE , TRETINOIN|
|UB FAIR FAIR CRM||INR 189 for 30 GM CREAM||TRETINOIN , HYDROQUINONE , FLUOCINOLONE|
|XTRALITE OINT||INR 162 for 20 GM OINTMENT||TRETINOIN , HYDROQUINONE , FLUOCINOLONE|
What are the other drugs with similar Ingredients?
|ADVAN THF CREAM||INR 214.6 for 15 GM CREAM||HYDROQUINONE 2 %W/W, FLUOCINOLONE 1 %W/W, FLUCONAZOLE 0.01 %W/W, TRETINOIN 0.025 %W/W|
|ADVAN THF CRM||INR 214.6 for 15 GM CREAM||HYDROQUINONE 2.0 %, FLUOCINOLONE 1.0 %, TRETINOIN 0.25 %|
|ASMGLO CRM||INR 128 for 20 GM CREAM||FLUOCINOLONE 2.0 %W/W, HYDROQUINONE 0.0025 %W/W, TRETINOIN 0.01 %W/W|
|CLEARWAY CRM||INR 165 for 15 GM CREAM||HYDROQUINONE 20.0 MG, TRETINOIN 0.1 MG, FLUOCINOLONE|
|COMBILITE CRM||INR 171.42 for 20 GM CREAM||HYDROQUINONE 2.0 %W/W, TRETINOIN 0.025 %W/W, FLUOCINOLONE 0.01 %W/W|
|EUKROMA FC CRM||INR 160 for 20 GM CREAM||HYDROQUINONE 2.0 %W/W, TRETINOIN 0.025 %W/W, FLUOCINOLONE 0.01 %W/W|
|GLOMELA CRM||INR 175 for 20 GM CREAM||TRETINOIN NAN, HYDROQUINONE NAN, FLUOCINOLONE NAN|
|HYCLEAN TF CRM||INR 185 for 15 GM CREAM||HYDROQUINONE 2.0 %, TRETINOIN 0.025 %, FLUOCINOLONE 0.01 %|
|INMELA CRM||INR 179 for 15 GM CREAM||HYDROQUINONE 2.0 %, TRETINOIN 0.025 %, FLUOCINOLONE 0.01 %|
|LUMACIP PLUS CRM||INR 245.5 for 15 GM CREAM||HYDROQUINONE 4.0 %W/W, TRETINOIN 0.05 %W/W, FLUOCINOLONE 0.01 %W/W|
|LUMAGLO CRM||INR 240 for 20 GM CREAM||HYDROQUINONE 2 %W/W, TRETINOIN 0.05 %W/W, FLUOCINOLONE 0.01 %W/W|
|LUMAGLO FORTE CRM||INR 185 for 15 GM CREAM||HYDROQUINONE 4.0 %W/W, FLUOCINOLONE 0.01 %W/W, TRETINOIN 0.05 %W/W|
|MELA 3 CRM||INR 158.05 for 15 GM CREAM||HYDROQUINONE 2 %, TRETINOIN 0.025 %, FLUOCINOLONE 0.01 %|
|MELAPIK PLUS CRM||INR 165 for 20 GM CREAM||HYDROQUINONE 2.0 %, TRETINOIN 0.025 %, FLUOCINOLONE 0.01 %|
|TRIGLOW CRM||INR 257 for 15 GM CREAM||HYDROQUINONE 2.0 %W/W, TRETINOIN 0.05 %W/W, FLUOCINOLONE 0.01 %W/W|
|TRILUMA RD CRM||INR 475 for 15 GM CREAM||HYDROQUINONE 2 %W/W, TRETINOIN 0.025 %W/W, FLUOCINOLONE 0.01 %W/W|