- 1 Overview
- 2 Usage
- 3 Frequently Asked Questions
- 4 Precautions for FLUTATEC 250MG TAB and its Constituents
- 5 Symptoms of Overdosage
- 6 Common Side-Effects
- 7 Serious Side-Effects
- 8 Rare Side-Effects
- 9 Food Interactions
- 10 Technical Classification
- 11 Available Alternatives for FLUTATEC 250MG TAB
- 12 Share this:
- 13 Like this:
- 14 Related Articles
OverviewFLUTATEC 250MG TAB is a Schedule H drug.
FLUTATEC 250MG TAB is composed of: FLUTAMIDE (250.0 MG)
UsageFLUTAMIDE is generally used to treat: Prostate Cancer
FLUTAMIDE can address symptoms like: Difficulty Stopping Urine Stream, Frequent Nighttime Urination, Blood Or Red Colored Urine, Unable To Obtain Or Maintain Erection, Difficulty Urinating, Hips Joint Pain, Lower Back Pain, Muscle Stiffness
Frequently Asked QuestionsQ: Is it safe on my liver?
A: Not Safe
Q: Is it safe on my kidney?
A: Not Safe
Q: Can I take it with alcohol?
A: Not Safe
Q: Is it safe for children?
A: Not Advised for age < 18yrs
Q: Can it be taken during pregnancy?
A: Studies indicate Risk – Doctor advice is must
Q: Is it safe to take for someone breastfeeding?
A: Not Safe
Precautions for FLUTATEC 250MG TAB and its Constituents
- Do not drive or operate machinery as flutamide can affect your nervous system and cause visual changes.
- Consult your doctor if you have any of the following medical conditions: liver disease, a genetic enzyme deficiency called glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase (G6PD) deficiency, hemoglobin M disease; habit of smoking.Seek immediate medical attention if you have severe or ongoing diarrhea.
- Avoid dairy products such as milk, cheese, and yogurt to prevent diarrhea and do not use laxatives while taking flutamide.
- Drink plenty of liquids while you are on flutamide treatment.
- You should not use this medicine if you are allergic to flutamide.
- Flutamide should never be taken by a woman or a childAlthough flutamide is not for use by women, this medicine can cause birth defects if a woman is exposed to it during pregnancy.
- Follow all directions on your prescription label. Do not take this medicine in larger or smaller amounts or for longer than recommended.
- Flutamide is usually taken every 8 hours. Follow your doctor’s instructions.
- Flutamide should never be taken by a woman or a child.
Symptoms of OverdosageFLUTAMIDE over-dosage can result in: Difficulty Breathing
Common Side-EffectsFLUTAMIDE : Dizziness, Aphthous Ulcers, Chest Pain, Irregular Heartbeat, Chills, Eyes Blurred Vision, Chest Pain, Cough, Difficulty Breathing, Drowsiness, Fever, Head Headache, Nervousness, Shortness Of Breath, Slow Heart Rate (pulse), Throat Soreness, Face Enlarged Or Swollen Glands
Serious Side-EffectsFLUTAMIDE : Diarrhoea, Stomach Pain, Breathlessness, Black (tar) Colored Stools, Blood Or Red Colored Urine, Pale Skin, Weakness (generalized)
Rare Side-EffectsFLUTAMIDE : Itchy Skin, Skin Rash, Loss Of Appetite, Abdomen Pain, Dark Colored (brown) Urine, Nausea, Body Discoloration
Avoid dairy products such as milk, cheese, and yogurt to prevent diarrhea
Technical ClassificationFLUTAMIDE is categorized as:
- ANTIANDROGENS / HORMONES
- HORMONES/ANTINEOPLASTICS / ANTINEOPLASTICS
Available Alternatives for FLUTATEC 250MG TAB
What are the commonly available Substitutes?
|CYTOMID 250MG TAB||INR 99.85 for 10 TABLETS||FLUTAMIDE 250.0 MG|
|FLUTAMIDE 250MG TAB||INR 90 for 10 TABLETS||FLUTAMIDE 250.0 MG|
|FLUTATEC 250MG TAB||INR 97.5 for 10 TABLETS||FLUTAMIDE 250.0 MG|
|FLUTIDE 250MG TAB||INR 92.81 for 30 TABLETS||FLUTAMIDE 250.0 MG|
What are the other drugs with similar Ingredients?