- 1 Overview
- 2 Usage
- 3 Frequently Asked Questions
- 4 Precautions for ERBITUX 100MG INFUSION and its Constituents
- 5 Symptoms of Overdosage
- 6 Common Side-Effects
- 7 Serious Side-Effects
- 8 Disease Interactions
- 9 Technical Classification
- 10 Available Alternatives for ERBITUX 100MG INFUSION
- 11 Share this:
- 12 Like this:
- 13 Related Articles
OverviewERBITUX 100MG INFUSION is a Schedule H drug.
ERBITUX 100MG INFUSION is composed of: CETUXIMAB (100.0 MG)
Cetuximab is a prescription medication used to treat cancers of the colon and rectum. It is also used to treat head and neck cancer. This medication may be used in combination with other medicines or radiation therapy. Cetuximab is an anti-cancer ("anti-neoplastic") targeted therapy. This medication is classified as a monoclonal antibody and Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor (EGFR) Inhibitor.
UsageCETUXIMAB is generally used to treat: Head And Neck Cancer, Colon Cancer, Rectum Cancer
Frequently Asked QuestionsQ: Is it safe on my liver?
A: Not Safe
Q: Is it safe on my kidney?
A: Not Safe
Q: Can I take it with alcohol?
A: Not Safe
Q: Is it safe for children?
A: Ask your doctor
Q: Can it be taken during pregnancy?
A: Not enough studies to prove Risk – Ask your Doctor
Precautions for ERBITUX 100MG INFUSION and its Constituents
- Limit sun exposure by wearing sunscreen during, and for 2 months following the last dose of cetuximab treatment.
- Cetuximab may cause a serious side effect called an infusion reaction. This can be life-threatening and require immediate medical attention.
- Tell your doctor or nurse right away if you are having shortness of breath, cough, difficulty with breathing, or other breathing problems while being treated with this medicine. These may be symptoms of a serious lung problem.
- This medicine may make your skin more sensitive to sunlight. Use a sunscreen or sun-blocking lotion when you are outdoors. Wear protective clothing and hats. Avoid sunlamps and tanning beds.
- Before starting cetuximab treatment, make sure you tell your doctor about any other medications you are taking (including prescription, over-the-counter, vitamins, herbal remedies, etc.).
- Do not receive any kind of immunization or vaccination without your doctor’s approval while taking cetuximab.
- Inform your health care professional if you are pregnant or may be pregnant prior to starting this treatment. Pregnancy category C (use in pregnancy only when benefit to the mother outweighs risk to the fetus).
- For both men and women: Use contraceptives, and do not conceive a child (get pregnant) while taking cetuximab. Barrier methods of contraception, such as condoms, are recommended for up to 6 months after the last dose of Cetuximab. Discuss with your doctor when you may safely become pregnant or conceive a child after therapy.
- Do not breast feed while taking cetuximab. Do not resume breast feeding until 60 days after the last dose of cetuximab.
Symptoms of OverdosageCETUXIMAB over-dosage can result in: Skin Irritation, Hair Loss, Eyes Watery Eyes
Common Side-EffectsCETUXIMAB : Mouth Ulcer, Allergic Skin Disease, Anxiety, Black (tar) Colored Stools, Chest Pain, Confusion, Decreased Urination, Dry Mouth, Fainting, Rapid Heart Rate (pulse), Lightheadedness, Difficulty Swallowing, Throat Soreness, Eyes Sunken Eyes, Increased Thirst
Serious Side-EffectsCETUXIMAB : Pimples, Dry Skin, Skin Rash, Allergic Skin Disease, Face Swelling, Arms Swelling, Hands Swelling, Legs Swelling, Feet Swelling, Body Pain, Chills, Nasal Congestion, Cough, Difficulty Breathing, Dizziness, Fever, Head Headache, Lower Back Pain, Nausea, Pain With Urination, Pale Skin, Weight Gain, Runny Nose, Shortness Of Breath, Hands Tingling, Difficulty Swallowing, Body Bruising, Weakness (generalized), Weight Loss (unintentional), Vomit, Wheezing
Disease InteractionsCETUXIMAB can interfere with: Pulmonary Incompetence, Heart Failure, Acute Kidney Failure, Keratitis, Skin Cancer
Technical ClassificationCETUXIMAB is categorized as: EGFR INHIBITORS / ANTINEOPLASTICS
Available Alternatives for ERBITUX 100MG INFUSION
What are the commonly available Substitutes?
|ERBITUX 100MG INFUSION||INR 94544.4 for 50 ML INFUSION||CETUXIMAB 100.0 MG|
What are the other drugs with similar Ingredients?
|ERBITUX 500MG INFUSION||INR 101110 for 50 ML INFUSION||CETUXIMAB 500.0 MG|
|ERBITUX 5MG INFUSION||INR 18325.1 for 20 ML INFUSION||CETUXIMAB 5.0 MG|