- 1 Overview
- 2 Usage
- 3 Frequently Asked Questions
- 4 Precautions for CYCLOGIK 1% EYE DPS and its Constituents
- 5 Symptoms of Overdosage
- 6 Common Side-Effects
- 7 Serious Side-Effects
- 8 Rare Side-Effects
- 9 Technical Classification
- 10 Available Alternatives for CYCLOGIK 1% EYE DPS
- 11 Share this:
- 12 Like this:
- 13 Related Articles
OverviewCYCLOGIK 1% EYE DPS is a Schedule H drug.
CYCLOGIK 1% EYE DPS is composed of: CYCLOPENTOLATE (1.0 %W/V)
Cyclopentolate relaxes muscles in your eye to dilate (widen) your pupil.Cyclopentolate ophthalmic (for the eyes) is used to dilate your pupil in preparation for an eye exam.Cyclopentolate is used to dilate or enlarge the pupil of the eye so that the doctor can examine the back of the eyeball. It may also be used to reduce pain in certain eye conditions.
UsageCYCLOPENTOLATE is generally used to treat: Uveitis, Iritis
Frequently Asked QuestionsQ: Is it safe on my liver?
A: Check with your Doctor first
Q: Is it safe on my kidney?
A: Check with your Doctor first
Q: Can I take it with alcohol?
A: Not Safe
Q: Is it safe for children?
A: Not Advised for age < 1month
Q: Can it be taken during pregnancy?
A: Not enough studies to prove Risk – Ask your Doctor
Q: Is it safe to take for someone breastfeeding?
A: Generally considered as Safe
Precautions for CYCLOGIK 1% EYE DPS and its Constituents
- Cyclopentolate enlarges the pupil for eye examination and is commonly used in adults.
- It also reduces inflammation (redness and swelling) after cataract surgery.
- Apply pressure on the corner of the eye (close to the nose) for about 1 minute immediately after instilling the drop.
- Wait for at least 5-10 minutes before delivering the next medication in the same eye to avoid dilution.
- Stinging sensation may occur for 1-2 mins. Notify your doctor if it persists for longer.
- Make sure to use within 4 weeks of opening the bottle.
- You should not receive this medicine if you have angle-closure glaucoma.
- You should not receive this medicine if you have ever had a severe allergic reaction to cyclopentolate ophthalmic.
- This medicine is usually given about 40 to 50 minutes before your eye exam or other procedure
- .A healthcare provider will place the eyedrops into your eyes.
- Cyclopentolate ophthalmic can cause feeding problems in an infant.
- After cyclopentolate ophthalmic has been given to your infant, wait at least 4 hours before you feed the child.
- Cyclopentolate ophthalmic may also make your eyes more sensitive to light. Until the effects wear off, protect your eyes from the sun or bright light.
Symptoms of OverdosageCYCLOPENTOLATE over-dosage can result in: Eyes Blurred Vision, Irregular Heartbeat, Fever, Mood Swings, Hallucinations, Loss Of Coordination
Common Side-EffectsCYCLOPENTOLATE : Eyes Eye Irritation, Eyes Blurred Vision, Eyes Redness, Eyelids Scales On Skin, Eyes Sensitive To Light, Eyes Burning Sensation, Eyes Itching
Serious Side-EffectsCYCLOPENTOLATE : Seizure, Dizziness, Fainting, Mood Swings, Restless Or Irritability, Hallucinations, Confusion, Eyes Pain, Eyes Swelling, Slow Or Irregular Breathing
Rare Side-EffectsCYCLOPENTOLATE : Difficulty Breathing
Technical ClassificationCYCLOPENTOLATE is categorized as: MYDRIATICS / OPHTHALMIC PREPARATIONS / TOPICAL AGENTS
Available Alternatives for CYCLOGIK 1% EYE DPS
What are the commonly available Substitutes?
|BELL PENTOLATE 1% EYE DPS||INR 34.1 for 5 ML EYE DROP||CYCLOPENTOLATE 1.0 %W/V|
|CYCLOGIK 1% EYE DPS||INR 33 for 5 ML EYE DROP||CYCLOPENTOLATE 1.0 %W/V|
|CYCLOMID 1%W/V EYE DPS||INR 85 for 5 ML EYE DROP||CYCLOPENTOLATE 1.0 %W/V|
|OCULATE DPS 5 ML||INR 43.3 for 5 ML DROP||CYCLOPENTOLATE 1.0 %W/V|
|PENTOL 1% EYE DPS||INR 39 for 3 ML EYE DROP||CYCLOPENTOLATE 1.0 %W/V|
|PENTOLATE 1% EYE DPS||INR 29 for 5 ML EYE DROP||CYCLOPENTOLATE 1.0 %W/V|
|SENSICLO 1% EYE DPS||INR 33.56 for 5 ML DROP||CYCLOPENTOLATE 1.0 %W/V|
What are the other drugs with similar Ingredients?
|C PENT DPS||INR 33.5 for 5 ML DROP||CYCLOPENTOLATE|
|CEPENTA EYE DPS||INR 45 for 5 ML EYE DROP||CYCLOPENTOLATE 5.0 ML|
|CYCLATE 1% DPS||INR 60 for 5 ML DROP||CYCLOPENTOLATE 1.0 %|
|CYCLOFEZ 1% V/V EYE DPS||INR 39 for 5 ML EYE DROP||CYCLOPENTOLATE 1.0 %V/V|
|CYCLOGYL 1% EYE DPS||INR 47 for 5 ML EYE DROP||CYCLOPENTOLATE 1.0 %|
|CYCLOPEN D EYE DPS||INR 31.25 for 5 ML EYE DROP||CYCLOPENTOLATE|
|CYCLOPEN EYE DPS||INR 38 for 5 ML EYE DROP||CYCLOPENTOLATE|
|CYCLOPENT-DM EYE-DPS||INR 27.5 for 5ML DROPS||CYCLOPENTOLATE 1 %W/V, DEXAMETHASONE 0.1 %W/V|
|CYCLOTAK EYE DPS||INR 67.5 for 5 ML EYE DROP||CYCLOPENTOLATE|
|CYLATE EYE DPS||INR 42.5 for 5 ML EYE DROP||CYCLOPENTOLATE|
|DILATE 1% V/V EYE DPS||INR 46.95 for 5 ML EYE DROP||CYCLOPENTOLATE 1.0 %V/V|
|OPEN EYE DPS||INR 44 for 5 ML EYE DROP||CYCLOPENTOLATE|
|PENTOCYL 1% DPS||INR 30.4 for 5 ML DROP||CYCLOPENTOLATE 1.0 %|