- 1 Overview
- 2 Usage
- 3 Frequently Asked Questions
- 4 How Do I Take It?
- 5 Precautions for CTD M TAB 6.25/25MG and its Constituents
- 6 Symptoms of Overdosage
- 7 Common Side-Effects
- 8 Serious Side-Effects
- 9 Rare Side-Effects
- 10 Disease Interactions
- 11 Technical Classification
- 12 Available Alternatives for CTD M TAB 6.25/25MG
- 13 Share this:
- 14 Like this:
- 15 Related Articles
OverviewCTD M TAB 6.25/25MG is a Schedule G drug.
CTD M TAB 6.25/25MG is composed of: METOPROLOL (25 MG), CHLORTHALIDONE (6.25 MG)
Metoprolol is a beta-blocker that affects the heart and circulation (blood flow through arteries and veins). Metoprolol is used to treat angina (chest pain) and hypertension (high blood pressure). Metoprolol is also used to lower your risk of death or need to be hospitalized for heart failure.
Chlorthalidone is a thiazide diuretic (water pill) that helps prevent your body from absorbing too much salt, which can cause fluid retention.Chlorthalidone treats fluid retention (edema) in people with congestive heart failure, cirrhosis of the liver, or kidney disorders, or edema caused by taking steroids or estrogen. Chlorthalidone is also used to treat high blood pressure (hypertension). It lowers blood pressure and fluid retention in edema by removing the extra water and certain electrolytes from the body. Over time it also works by relaxing blood vessels and improving blood flow.
UsageMETOPROLOL is generally used to treat: Chest Pain, Hypertension, Blood Pressure, High
CHLORTHALIDONE is generally used to treat: Blood Pressure, High, Heart Attack, Edema, Heat Stroke, Liver Cirrhosis, Acute Kidney Failure, Congestive Heart Disease
CHLORTHALIDONE can address symptoms like: Irregular Heartbeat, Difficulty Breathing, Rapid Breathing
Frequently Asked QuestionsQ: Is it safe on my liver?
A: Check with your Doctor first
Q: Is it safe on my kidney?
A: Check with your Doctor first
Q: Can I take it with alcohol?
A: Not Safe
Q: Is it safe for children?
A: Not Advised for age < 18yrs
Q: Can it be taken during pregnancy?
A: Not enough studies to prove Risk – Ask your Doctor
Q: Is it safe to take for someone breastfeeding?
A: Not Safe
How Do I Take It?CTD M TAB 6.25/25MG is generally taken With Food.
Precautions for CTD M TAB 6.25/25MG and its Constituents
Caution should be exercised in patients with
- Chlorthalidone helps lower blood pressure and also removes excess water from your body.
- Take it in the morning with breakfast to avoid getting up at night to urinate.
- May cause dizziness in the initial days of treatment.
- Monitor your blood pressure after starting Chlorthalidone, and notify your doctor if it hasn’t gone down.
- Notify your doctor if you experience dizziness, tiredness, or muscle weakness that doesn’t go away.
- Requires routine blood tests to monitor your kidney function.You should not use chlorthalidone if you are unable to urinate, or if you are allergic to sulfa drugs.
- Follow all directions on your prescription label. Your doctor may occasionally change your dose to make sure you get the best results.
- Do not use this medicine in larger or smaller amounts or for longer than recommended.Your doctor may recommend you eat certain foods or take supplements to keep your potassium from getting too low.
- Avoid getting up too fast from a sitting or lying position, or you may feel dizzy.
- Get up slowly and steady yourself to prevent a fall.
- Avoid becoming overheated or dehydrated during exercise, in hot weather, or by not drinking enough fluids.
- Follow your doctor’s instructions about the type and amount of liquids you should drink.
- In some cases, drinking too much liquid can be as unsafe as not drinking enough.Avoid exposure to sunlight; otherwise it may cause sunburn easily.
- abruptly stopping this medication can lead to chest pain (ischemic heart disease)
Symptoms of OverdosageCHLORTHALIDONE over-dosage can result in: Dizziness, Fainting, Difficulty Breathing, Increased Thirst, Nausea, Drowsiness, Weakness (generalized), Rapid Heart Rate (pulse)
Common Side-EffectsMETOPROLOL : Diarrhoea, Drowsiness, Dizziness, Fatigue (tiredness), Slow Heart Rate (pulse), Lightheadedness
CHLORTHALIDONE : Diarrhoea, Postural Hypotension, Depression, Constipation, Impotence, Impaired Glucose Tolerance, Dizziness, Nausea, Vomit, Spinning Sensation, Legs Pain, Slow Heart Rate (pulse), Lightheadedness, Fatigue (tiredness), Wheezing, Difficulty Breathing
Serious Side-EffectsCHLORTHALIDONE : Muscle Pain, Hives, Fainting, Joint Pain, Acute Kidney Failure, Face Swelling, Difficulty Urinating, Upper Abdomen Pain, Dry Mouth, Increased Thirst, Restless Or Irritability, Eyes Pain, Eyes Blurred Vision
Rare Side-EffectsMETOPROLOL : Heart Failure, Skin Rash, Fainting, Difficulty Breathing, Weight Gain, Mood Swings, Confusion, Depressed Mood
CHLORTHALIDONE : Skin Rash, Itchy Skin
Disease InteractionsCHLORTHALIDONE can interfere with: Anuria, Acute Liver Failure, Lupus Erythematosus, Asthma, Acute Renal Failure, Hyperlipidemia, Diabetes Mellitus, Hyperparathyroidism
Technical ClassificationMETOPROLOL is categorized as: CARDIOSELECTIVE BETA BLOCKERS / BETA-ADRENERGIC BLOCKING AGENTS / CARDIOVASCULAR AGENTS
CHLORTHALIDONE is categorized as: THIAZIDE DIURETICS / DIURETICS / CARDIOVASCULAR AGENTS
Available Alternatives for CTD M TAB 6.25/25MG
What are the commonly available Substitutes?
|CTD M TAB 6.25/25MG||INR 68.2 for 10 TABLETS||METOPROLOL 25 MG, CHLORTHALIDONE 6.25 MG|
|CTD-M 6.25/25 TAB||INR 68.2 for 10 TABLETS||METOPROLOL 25.0 MG, CHLORTHALIDONE 6.25 MG|
|REVELOL-CH 25MG/6.25MG TAB||INR 62 for 10 TABLETS||METOPROLOL 25.0 MG, CHLORTHALIDONE 6.25 MG|
|VINICOR-D 25MG TAB||INR 68.2 for 10 TABLETS||METOPROLOL 25.0 MG, CHLORTHALIDONE 6.25 MG|
What are the other drugs with similar Ingredients?
|CTD-M 6.25/50 TAB||INR 80.3 for 10 TABLETS||METOPROLOL 50.0 MG, CHLORTHALIDONE 6.25 MG|
|METSPOT CT 50MG TAB||INR 75.81 for 10 TABLETS||METOPROLOL 50.0 MG, CHLORTHALIDONE 12.5 MG|
|REVELOL-CH 50/6.25 TAB||INR 76 for 10 TABLETS||METOPROLOL 50.0 MG, CHLORTHALIDONE 6.25 MG|
|REVELOL-CH 50MG/12.5MG TAB||INR 72.5 for 10 TABLETS||METOPROLOL 50.0 MG, CHLORTHALIDONE 12.5 MG|
|STARCAD CT 25MG/12.5MG TAB||INR 80 for 10 TABLETS||METOPROLOL 25.0 MG, CHLORTHALIDONE 12.5 MG|
|STARCAD CT 50MG/12.5MG TAB||INR 110 for 10 TABLETS||METOPROLOL 50.0 MG, CHLORTHALIDONE 12.5 MG|
|STARPRESS D XL 25MG TAB||INR 71 for 10 TABLETS||METOPROLOL 25.0 MG, CHLORTHALIDONE 12.5 MG|
|STARPRESS D XL 50MG TAB||INR 80 for 10 TABLETS||METOPROLOL 50.0 MG, CHLORTHALIDONE 12.5 MG|
|SUSTAMETO-CH 25MG TAB||INR 73.5 for 10 TABLETS||METOPROLOL 25.0 MG, CHLORTHALIDONE 12.5 MG|
|SUSTAMETO-CH 50MG TAB||INR 109.5 for 10 TABLETS||METOPROLOL 50.0 MG, CHLORTHALIDONE 12.5 MG|
|TWINBLOK TRIO TAB||INR 119 for 10 TABLETS||METOPROLOL 50.0 MG, CHLORTHALIDONE 12.5 MG, CILNIDIPINE 10.0 MG|
|VINICOR-D 50MG TAB||INR 79.5 for 10 TABLETS||METOPROLOL 50.0 MG, CHLORTHALIDONE 12.5 MG|