- 1 Overview
- 2 Usage
- 3 Frequently Asked Questions
- 4 Precautions for CETRIZ TAB and its Constituents
- 5 Symptoms of Overdosage
- 6 Common Side-Effects
- 7 Serious Side-Effects
- 8 Rare Side-Effects
- 9 Disease Interactions
- 10 Technical Classification
- 11 Prescription Statistics
- 11.1 How Frequently is it taken?
- 11.2 What was the Dosage Advised?
- 11.3 How long was it prescribed?
- 11.4 What is the break-up across patient age-group?
- 11.5 What is the gender-breakup across patients?
- 11.6 What kind of doctors prescribe this medicine?
- 11.7 Most common Medicines advised along-side?
- 11.8 Most common Diagnostic/Lab Tests advised along-side?
- 12 Available Alternatives for CETRIZ TAB
- 13 Share this:
- 14 Like this:
- 15 Related Articles
OverviewCETRIZ TAB is a Schedule H drug.
CETRIZ TAB is composed of: CETIRIZINE HYDROCHLORIDE (10 MG)
Cetirizine hydrochloride is an antihistamine that reduces the natural chemical histamine in the body. Histamine can produce symptoms of sneezing, itching, watery eyes, and runny nose. It is used to treat cold or allergy symptoms such as sneezing, itching, watery eyes, or runny nose.Cetirizine hydrochloride is also used to treat itching and swelling caused by hives. It treats allergy symptoms such as such as itching, swelling, and rashes by blocking the effects of a chemical messenger (histamine) in the body.
UsageCETIRIZINE HYDROCHLORIDE is generally used to treat: Common Cold, Hives
CETIRIZINE HYDROCHLORIDE can address symptoms like: Eyes Watery Eyes, Runny Nose, Eyes Itching, Sneezing, Nose Itching
Frequently Asked QuestionsQ: Is it safe on my liver?
A: Not Safe
Q: Is it safe on my kidney?
A: Not Safe
Q: Can I take it with alcohol?
A: Not Safe
Q: Is it safe for children?
A: Not Advised for age < 6month
Q: Can it be taken during pregnancy?
A: Considered as Generally Safe – not enough studies to prove risk
Q: Is it safe to take for someone breastfeeding?
A: Not Safe
Precautions for CETRIZ TAB and its Constituents
- Do not drive or operate machinery after taking cetirizine because you may feel sleepy.
- Avoid alcohol intake while taking this drug.
- Consult your doctor if you experience any of these side effects: changes in vision, severe dry mouth, trouble urinating, constipation or drowsiness.Do not start or continue the cetirizine tablets:If you are allergic (hypersensitive) to cetirizine or any of the other ingredients of cetirizine tablet.
- If you have severe kidney problem or severe liver problem.
- If you are pregnant or breast feeding.
- Doctor’s advice should be considered before taking cetirizine tablets in case of any following disease conditions such as fits, severe kidney impairment, intolerance to sugars.
- Take cetirizine exactly as directed on the label, or as prescribed by your doctor. Do not use it in larger amounts or for longer than recommended.
- You may take cetirizine with or without food.
- The chewable tablet must be chewed before you swallow it.
Symptoms of OverdosageCETIRIZINE HYDROCHLORIDE over-dosage can result in: Drowsiness, Mood Swings, Restless Or Irritability, Nervousness
Common Side-EffectsCETIRIZINE HYDROCHLORIDE : Constipation, Stomach Pain, Drowsiness, Fatigue (tiredness), Dry Mouth, Throat Soreness, Cough, Nausea, Head Headache
Serious Side-EffectsCETIRIZINE HYDROCHLORIDE : Insomnia, Breathlessness, Confusion, Eyes Blurred Vision, Pounding Heart (pulse), Weakness (generalized), Hyperactive Behavior, Decreased Urination
Rare Side-EffectsCETIRIZINE HYDROCHLORIDE : Skin Rash, Itchy Skin, Face Swelling
Disease InteractionsCETIRIZINE HYDROCHLORIDE can interfere with: Alcoholism, Acute Renal Failure, Acute Liver Failure
Technical ClassificationCETIRIZINE HYDROCHLORIDE is categorized as: ANTIHISTAMINES / RESPIRATORY AGENTS
Prescription StatisticsFollowing information is taken from treatment plans advised by our doctors. This is Only for informational purpose and you must seek doctor’s advice if you are not well.
How Frequently is it taken?
What was the Dosage Advised?
How long was it prescribed?
What is the break-up across patient age-group?
|5 to 12yrs||6%|
|12 to 18yrs||17%|
|18 to 35yrs||24%|
|35 to 50yrs||21%|
|50 to 60yrs||10%|
|60 to 70yrs||14%|
|70yrs and above||4%|
What is the gender-breakup across patients?
What kind of doctors prescribe this medicine?
Most common Medicines advised along-side?
Most common Diagnostic/Lab Tests advised along-side?
|BLOOD SMEAR (HEMATOLOGY)||10%|
Available Alternatives for CETRIZ TAB
What are the commonly available Substitutes?
|CETRIZ TAB||INR for 10 TABLETS||CETIRIZINE HYDROCHLORIDE 10 MG|
|INCID-L TAB||INR 36.72 for 10 TABLETS||CETIRIZINE HYDROCHLORIDE 10 MG|
What are the other drugs with similar Ingredients?
|ALERID D TAB||INR 30 for 10 TABLETS||PHENYLEPHRINE 10 MG, CETIRIZINE HYDROCHLORIDE 5 MG|
|BRONCODIL SYR||INR 42 for 100ML SYRUP||GUAIFENESIN 50 MG, AMBROXOL HYDROCHLORIDE 15 MG, CETIRIZINE HYDROCHLORIDE 2.5 MG, MENTHOL 0.5 MG|
|CETIRIZINE HYDROCHLORIDE||CETIRIZINE HYDROCHLORIDE|
|KOLQ TAB TAB||INR 31.5 for 10 TABLETS||PARACETAMOL 325 MG, ZINC GLUCONATE 52.28 MG, CETIRIZINE HYDROCHLORIDE 5 MG, PHENYLEPHRINE 5 MG|
|RELENT PLUS SYP||INR 49.5 for 60 ML SYRUP||AMBROXOL HYDROCHLORIDE 6 MG/ML, CETIRIZINE HYDROCHLORIDE 5 MG|
|SUMO COLD TAB||INR 56 for 10 TABLETS||PARACETAMOL 325 MG, CAFFEINE 25 MG, PHENYLEPHRINE 5 MG, CETIRIZINE HYDROCHLORIDE 5 MG|